Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

42 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

just heard on the radio that Josiana Anderson on ESPN also said that the Redskins talked to him about something in the range of 7.5 million-9 million per year but Zach insists on 10 for now.

If Allen gives Brown 9m he will confirm to me that he is a complete and utter ******.

HTTR 

The #Broncos are in talks to trade for #Redskins S Su’a Cravens, sources say. They are the team most interested and the likely landing spot for the talented former 2nd rounder, though no deal is done yet.

49 replies352 retweets455 likes

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Is Doug doing an interview at the combine or something SIP.

yep.  The one thing I like about Doug over Bruce I don't think Doug doesn't have a cagey bone in his body, you ask him and he spills.  Lots of nuggets coming out of this. 

4 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

I think people are consistently underestimating market value. Average guys like McGee and McClain have $5M cap hits next year. 

Zach Brown is a top ILB. He took a 1 year prove it deal and proved it. Nobody is getting him for $5-6M a year. 

What did he prove? That he has way below average coverage skills and can't call the plays on defense? 6M is the high side if you ask me.

14 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

I think people are consistently underestimating market value. Average guys like McGee and McClain have $5M cap hits next year. 

Zach Brown is a top ILB. He took a 1 year prove it deal and proved it. Nobody is getting him for $5-6M a year. 

If we don't get him for 5/6m He can take himself elsewhere. 

HTTR 

15 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

What did he prove? That he has way below average coverage skills and can't call the plays on defense? 6M is the high side if you ask me.

He led the league in tackles through Week 14 (until he was injured) and has great speed for his position.

There are very few ILBs who are the total package in the NFL. I don't want to get rid of one of our better players just because he's not Luke Kuechly or Bobby Wagner. 

5 minutes ago, Tay said:

Yes. He also mentioned that we need another outside WR and we need to bring him players to help defend the run.

Just listened to the full interview. Seems like we're hitting FA some.Interior DL is getting looked at. I think we prioritise Bennie Logan.

He talked up RB in the draft, which is contrary to the link with the guy from the Browns. Could be a smokescreen there.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The #Broncos are in talks to trade for #Redskins S Su’a Cravens, sources say. They are the team most interested and the likely landing spot for the talented former 2nd rounder, though no deal is done yet.

49 replies352 retweets455 likes

Bronco's have a couple 3rd and 4th round picks this year.  Wonder if he'd draw a 3rd?  I suppose since Peters only garnered a 2nd maybe a little rich but think it was Denver who had him graded as a 1st rounder.

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Bronco's have a couple 3rd and 4th round picks this year.  Wonder if he'd draw a 3rd?  I suppose since Peters only garnered a 2nd this year maybe a little rich but think it was Denver who had him graded as a 1st rounder.

Actually, Peters only garnered a 4th rounder this year and 2nd rounder in 2019

I trust TK's take on Brown, and pretty discouraging. If he can't make the right calls, forget about it. Give me the Luke Kuechly type all day, smart and researched. 

Honestly, wouldn't break the bank if that's the case. 7-8 mil a year ceiling.

16 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

I trust TK's take on Brown, and pretty discouraging. If he can't make the right calls, forget about it. Give me the Luke Kuechly type all day, smart and researched. 

Cooley hit this in his film review all the time, Zach to him with a lost-confused puppy in pass coverage -- often comically bad at it according to him.  Conversely, he saw him as a missile-stud in the run game.   But as for making the right calls, the Mo-MLB (weak side) doesn't have to do that.  That's on the Mike-MLB (strong side) so its on Foster.   But if they got hit with injuries, you'd like the MLBs though to be interchangeable.

19 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Mo

Wilkerson

hell yes...

Only thing with him doesn't he have a little Haynesworth type of rep -- lazy, not sure sure if he loves football.  I thought I saw that somewhere but I haven't really dived into Wilkerson yet so maybe I am wrong.

59 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Getting back a 3rd rounder would be a great deal.  

It would be killer, good. I'd be stunned.  Heck I'd be stunned-happy if its a 4th rounder.   Typically a player (unless they are studs) loses trade value from where they were picked let alone a player where there are questions about whether they will stick to playing football.

Unless Broncos are convinced they have someone bidding against them for Craven's services, I can't see them giving us a high draft pick.  I would think that they want to get something for a player who they would have to cut in order to free up cap space for Cousins.  That's what would make the deal attractive.

59 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The Jets released Muhammad Wilkerson.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917989/article/jets-cut-muhammad-wilkerson-2-years-after-megadeal

Should the Redskins be interested?

The article says he has serious character issues.

I think part of our problem over the years is that we have too many nice guys, obviously, if he's going to be Jeff Georgish then that's an issue but other than that let's get some nasty on this team.

39 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

The one thing I heard consistently all year on Cooley's film breakdowns was how bad Brown was in coverage, and the way Cooley would describe his poor coverage play was usually just mental breakdowns, many times he was lost for words as to why it kept happening.

The future of Honey Badger is in question during business season on the NFL calendar because, like many players, he has a key option in his contract coming up. Unlike others who could hit free agency, however, Mathieu is young, coming off a season where he led the league in total snaps and could be willing to bet on himself if the Cardinals choose not to pick up an option that guarantees him $19 million over the next two seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918166/article/debrief-tyrann-mathieu-arizona-cardinals-heading-for-divorce

Archived