Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't care how they do it personnaly

FA, Poe, resign Zach Brown,S. Richardson, sign a corner, or whatever

Draft:  Trade down -- D. Moore, Kirk, Ridley, Michel, Guice, Penny, Wynn or whatever? 

or the reverse

FA:  Crowell, Richardson, Robinson, etc.

Draft: Payne, Vea, etc.

I can see it working either way.  The key for me is impact guys in FA -- not 3rd tier guy but high 2nd tier, first tier types.

I am big in the draft for RB.  For me though I am so gun shy about how they will approach FA, that I'd celebrate almost any signing if they are high level players.

100%. I ONLY want to see us target impact players. If we blow our whole $24M cap on 3 studs then I'll be happy. The last thing that I want to see are signings like last year's Macs. I'm okay with overpaying a stud by a couple mil, but I'm not okay with overpaying 2nd stringers. 

That being said, as much as I agree with your priority FAs, there's no way that we can do what you suggest in scenario #1...  Poe, Brown, and S.Richardson will each get at least $8M/yr. Then when we consider the fact that this team isn't any FA's ideal landing spot, the only way we'd land them is to overpay them and we don't have the budget.

My wish list:

Priority

L. Joyner, Seferian-Jenkins, Whitehead, J. Ellis, Poe

Short-term contracts, roll the dice

John Brown, Moncrief, Ngata, McPhee, Mike Wallace, Claiborne, Mewhort, Richburg, Lotulelei, Watkins, DaQuan Jones, Bowman

I want no part of Logan... he got a prove-it deal and failed miserably. The character concerns with Mo Wilk and S Rich give me Haynesworth flashbacks. I'd be fine with a one year deal for either, but I don't see them doing that dance.

43 minutes ago, CTskin said:

100%. I ONLY want to see us target impact players. If we blow our whole $24M cap on 3 studs then I'll be happy. The last thing that I want to see are signings like last year's Macs. 

1000% on this agree.

43 minutes ago, CTskin said:

That being said, as much as I agree with your priority FAs, there's no way that we can do what you suggest in scenario #1...  Poe, Brown, and S.Richardson will each get at least $8M/yr. 

I was giving hypothetical multiple options.  Ditto on the draft, clearly they aren't for example drafting both Vea and Payne.  I've talked plenty on players I specifically like but in that post I was just giving big names -- that wasn't me saying that's the specific permutation that I want. 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not in love with the FA WR class either.  I think Richardson could help but it would suck to make a costly splash on him in my opinion.

I think they have to do though.  Unless, they plan to use a first or 2nd on a receiver -- though typically a young receiver takes a year or so to develop.   So among Watkins, Richardson, Robinson I think they are going to get a big pay day.  If we go into this season with the current WR crop or add one of Bruce's 2nd tier specials at a bargain -- I think we are in trouble.

I'd rather pay Richardson 8-9 million which is probably 2-3 million over his worth then lets say Kendall Wright at 6 million when he should be worth 4 million.   I'd rather pay the premium for a higher end guy  

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I used to love Robinson.  My one fear about him is he was never fast to begin with so how is he going to be post ACL?

True, SIP.  Maybe the Jags know more than anyone now and that's why they are staying away from tagging him.  Robinson says he's healed up and ready to go but ?s remain.  I like Richardson, formally of the Seahawks too. :) 

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

True, SIP.  Maybe the Jags know more than anyone now and that's why they are staying away from tagging him.  Robinson says he's healed up and ready to go but ?s remain.  I like Richardson, formally of the Seahawks too. :) 

i feel desperate at WR when it comes to FA.  I don't want to rely on the draft for that position.  i like some WRs in the draft but I'd rather go RB everything being equal. 

So I am lured to the big names:  Richardson, Robinson, Watkins.  to a lesser extent: Gabriel, A. Wilson, Wallace, Butler.  

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd rather pay Richardson 8-9 million which is probably 2-3 million over his worth then lets say Kendall Wright at 6 million when he should be worth 4 million.   I'd rather pay the premium for a higher end guy  

Agreed, SIP.  Still interested in Robinson though.  Sure you can understand.  If not for the ACL injury he's be signed to an extension LTD with Jags.  

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

i feel desperate at WR when it comes to FA.  I don't want to rely on the draft for that position.  i like some WRs in the draft but I'd rather go RB everything being equal. 

So I am lured to the big names:  Richardson, Robinson, Watkins.  to a lesser extent: Gabriel, A. Wilson, Wallace, Butler.  

Agreed.  Think the Crowell rumor has legs and arms and we draft a RB in the 2nd.  Hoping we can trade down with one of the big name QBs available and pick up and extra 2nd.

Just now, RWJ said:

Agreed, SIP.  Still interested in Robinson though.  Sure you can understand.  If not for the ACL injury he's be signed to an extension LTD with Jags.  

I like Richardson over Robinson but I would like either.  Chris Russell for those interested is going on now about this very subject on 106.7.  He said Mike Jones said he heard the Redskins are interested in Richardson.  So that's now:  Standig, Hoffman and M. Jones all on Richardson.

Russell is going (and it makes sense to me, I theorized the same before) that the Redskins are aware of the PR aspect of this season with Alex Smith and aren't going to let him fail.  They are going to load him up with weapons.  

Regardless, of the backward reason behind all of that -- I don't care what their motivation is -- please load Alex up with weapons. :)

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Richardson over Robinson but I would like either.  Chris Russell for those interested is going on now about this very subject on 106.7.  He said Mike Jones said he heard the Redskins are interested in Richardson.  So that's now:  Standig, Hoffman and M. Jones all on Richardson.

Russell is going (and it makes sense to me, I theorized the same before) that the Redskins are aware of the PR aspect of this season with Alex Smith and aren't going to let him fail.  They are going to load him up with weapons.  

Regardless, of the backward reason behind all of that -- I don't care what their motivation is -- please load Alex up with weapons. :)

Totally agree.  He needs a WR like a cheaper version of Landry (Richardson).  He has amazing hands and is quick and a RB like Hunt like he had in KC to be successful.  If Skins finish like they did in 2017 the Allen/Gruden era is over with, quite possibly.

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Agreed.  Think the Crowell rumor has legs and arms and we draft a RB in the 2nd.  Hoping we can trade down with one of the big name QBs available and pick up and extra 2nd.

Jeez I hope not that would be an asinine move. Crowell is trash and that would cost them future picks. Officially on the record say he sucks and Perine is better and he sucks too. This is a good draft to take a premium RB please someone teach Bruce that average or crappy players on other teams are going to be average and crappy here. Stay away from them.

That includes other crappy RBs like Jeremy Hill. No No No to crappy RBs we have enough of them and desperatey need talent at the position

7 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Jeez I hope not that would be an asinine move. Crowell is trash and that would cost them future picks. Officially on the record say he sucks and Perine is better and he sucks too. This is a good draft to take a premium RB please someone teach Bruce that average or crappy players on other teams are going to be average and crappy here. Stay away from them.

That includes other crappy RBs like Jeremy Hill. No No No to crappy RBs we have enough of them and desperatey need talent at the position

Just passing along what a lot of Skins beat reporters are saying about Crowell.  My guy is Michel.  If we were fortunate enough to get him in the 2nd, I'd be very happy. :) 

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think they have to do though.  Unless, they plan to use a first or 2nd on a receiver -- though typically a young receiver takes a year or so to develop.   So among Watkins, Richardson, Robinson I think they are going to get a big pay day.  If we go into this season with the current WR crop or add one of Bruce's 2nd tier specials at a bargain -- I think we are in trouble.

You are seriously okay with paying Paul Richardson 8-9 million or Kendall Wright 6 million? Did I just read that? 

Are fans never gonna learn that picking up crappy players and overpaying them is a dumb move? No one stop and wonder why it’s been decades since we’ve been competitive???? It’s asinine moves like that which keeps us sucking.

Paul Richardson four year career has amassed 1300 receiving yards. Kendall Wright has been in the league since 2012 and bounced around never being good.

Rather trade with Denver for one of the two starting receivers for a draft pick and assume that contract or trade for Landry then to fool with either of those busts. The teams been through way too much to keep making mistakes like these.

If they happen I sure hope that Bruce is instantly fired for such a dumb idea. Sign our own guys, draft a receiver and a RB and problem solved. No one needs or should want these chumps 

18 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Just passing along what a lot of Skins beat reporters are saying about Crowell.  My guy is Michel.  If we were fortunate enough to get him in the 2nd, I'd be very happy. :) 

Who ever is pumping up Crowell just needs to stop. Outside of a couple of busted runs he’s been trash since joining the league

Every year the Redskins are associated with whatever free agent is hitting the wire. Can’t we for once be associated with good players instead of the trash of the league? Like tell us we are in the hunt for Todd Gurley and Julio Jones instead of the Kendall Wright’s and Isiah Crowells of the world. Both have I hope the same amount of chance of happening except there are good players and there are Crowells and Paul Richardson’s. 

If they are hell bent on getting free agents on offense my list of under appreciated guys who probably will come cheap would be

RBs - Orleans Darkwa, Thomas Rawls

WRs - Marquess Lee, Willie Snead

None of those guys is gonna put any jerseys on peoples backs or get fans excited but those guys can play and will be cheap. Rather go with cheap players who can play then just players who are trash but people know about

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Oof 8-9M for Richardson?? I tend to agree with most of your takes, but I haven't seen enough out of Richardson to agree to pay him anywhere near that much. Give me John Brown or Donte Moncrief for a couple of years and half of that dough. John Brown could be Alex Smith's Tyreek Hill 2.0.

7 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Oof 8-9M for Richardson?? I tend to agree with most of your takes, but I haven't seen enough out of Richardson to agree to pay him anywhere near that much. Give me John Brown or Donte Moncrief for a couple of years and half of that dough. John Brown could be Alex Smith's Tyreek Hill 2.0.

I could get on board with John Brown but his sickle cell worries me, really derailed a promising career. Wouldn’t even mind a cheap deal on the other Brown from AZ, Jaron Brown if he came cheap. If this team is dumb as hell and gives 8-9 million for a second round bust like Paul Richardson we are screwed

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I don't think I want a Free Agent WR because from what I'm hearing there's not a game changer out there. What this team needs at WR is speed. Crowder is a good/very good slot receiver. Doctson hopefully comes around. I still think Davis, Harris, and the rest of the bums have a chance not to be bums. I think what we need at receiver is located in the draft.

I’m hoping for Wallace, personally.  I don’t mind the idea of rolling with only adding a receiver from the draft, but I can’t see the FO going that route.  

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not in love with the FA WR class either.  I think Richardson could help but it would suck to make a costly splash on him in my opinion.

I’m worried the FO is going to go with big money for a flawed receiver.  To me, even if we don’t come out of the offseason with a good receiver, I’m ok with it if we’re improving other areas of the team.  

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don’t want to go cheap at dline (if we went that route in FA), or slot corner (ditto).  I would add guard, but I’d be alright bringing in cheaper competition for Kouandijo/Kalis/Catalina.  

I’d be fine with a cheaper option at WR and ILB.  Wallace maybe, though he’s really hoping to stay in B’more - he’s got the speed, shouldn’t be crazy expensive, and he doesn’t have any big question marks.  Maybe P. Brown or Williamson at ILB.  Hope the draft lands you a good receiver and (more) competition at ILB.  RB, WR, corner (for the future), TE, and OLB in the draft.  

With that said, I definitely believe you’re right that the FO will want to maximize the trade for Smith (for PR reasons and because they feel they’re close).  I’d rather use that extra $ for proven, good players - Logan, Joyner, etc.  

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

You are seriously okay with ...Kendall Wright 6 million? Did I just read that? 

No, you didn't read that part right, not even close. I said the opposite.   As for the rest of the post, based on your tone if you think you got it all figured out then you should be vindicated next week, so I wouldn't worry. ;)

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

My point was I am tired of other teams grabbing the top end of the market FAs.  So whatever it ends up being to get the top guys within reason, so be it.  When its all said and done for every position there is going to be a market price. 

As Cooley likes to say -- every FA genre involves overpayment typically including when you go for the top end of the market -- ditto medium-low end of the market where Bruce likes to shop.   What Bruce-the FO likes to do it overpay for the medium tier guys -- give a guy worth 3 million a year -- 5 million a year.  And instead of lets say paying a top guy 8-9 million -- they get two JAGs at 10 million combined.  I hate that.  The Giants for example rebuilt a defense in one off season by going top tier. 

Did J. Jenkins deserve a top of the market salary.  Nope?  Was he a bargain?  Nope.  People made fun of them overpaying for Snacks because he was a pure run stuffer.  Vernon, too.  Overpaid.   I recall all three deals were made fun of.  But they turned a bad defense into a very good defense the next year.  I did this exercise in another thread last year -- go through the Giants low-medium FA signings in recent years -- they were mostly bad signings.  But they work the top end of the market and it was night and day.  Jaguars also work the top end of the market and do well.

I get the reluctance for this team to play that card because of all the high profile FA misses but at some point Bruce needs to show some guts and take some chances.  The higher end FA signings have actually mostly worked out here when they've played that game. 

I am tired of the JAGs.  I don't care what kind of bargain they think it is.   My point has more to do with philosophy than a specific player.  How the heck do I know what Richardson's market is?  I am just using him as hypothetical to make a point.    I do like him it looks like more than some here.  4.4 speed.  13 plays for 20 yards plus, 3 for 40 yard plus.  16 YPA.  Those are good numbers for a deep threat.   But I don't want to get lost in the weeds about a conversation about Richardson. 

I want them to pursue aggressively whomever their top target is.  I am tired of the hey we could have paid 40$ for a Ralph Lauren shirt but we thought it was too much so instead we got 3 shirts at Target for $30.  If anyone thinks Richardson doesn't fit that category of the high end of the market -- that's fine but that's a different discussion.  

I really doubt they are going WR in the first two rounds of this draft.  So if we are coming back with the same WR crew and Bruce grabs some "bargain" bin receiver for 4 million to supplement it.  The odds are good that our receiving crew will be mediocre again.  And I am not interested in mediocre play just so we can say hey we got a deal!  

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

I’m hoping for Wallace, personally.  I don’t mind the idea of rolling with only adding a receiver from the draft, but I can’t see the FO going that route.  

I like Wallace, I mentioned him in the WR thread.  From what I recall as for big plays specifically, he's the guy comparable to Richardson stats wise last year.

Like I said earlier today, I don't care that much what players they sign as long as they are top end.  As for people arguing specifics as for who is top end, that's a separate point and I don't mind debating that but its not relevant to this specific point.   Whether its Norwood on the O line, Richardson at D line or Dion Lewis at RB or whomever.    I don't want who they perceive is their 9th and 10th top players at a need position and pursue that but instead go for top 3.  Less is more IMO. :)  I'd rather have 2 marquee guys.  Than 5 McClain types.

And I do think this team absolutely must upgrade WR, RB and DT.  So whether its the draft or FA they have to shoot IMO big.  IMO you can only count on your first and 2nd rounder as close to being surefire contributors.  I am not saying you can't land guys later in the draft but IMO you can't just say hey we are going small in FA at WR but heck we got some interesting prospects in the 4th-7th round that will fix it.   Receiver in particular is typically a slower position than other positions for a player to hit the ground running in year 1 -- and the Redskins haven't been that hot at drafting that position.

For me, WR in FA.  RB in the draft.  For DT I could go either way.  CB i think is a need, too but not as hot.  I could go either way on CB, too -- FA or draft. 

Judging by the beat reporters, looks like the FO might be thinking this way this off season.  If so IMO that's a good development.  And heck we got three reporters saying they like Richardson and he's a likely target.  I like that, too.

2 hours ago, bobandweave said:

You are seriously okay with paying Paul Richardson 8-9 million or Kendall Wright 6 million? Did I just read that? 

Are fans never gonna learn that picking up crappy players and overpaying them is a dumb move? No one stop and wonder why it’s been decades since we’ve been competitive???? It’s asinine moves like that which keeps us sucking.

Paul Richardson four year career has amassed 1300 receiving yards. Kendall Wright has been in the league since 2012 and bounced around never being good.

Rather trade with Denver for one of the two starting receivers for a draft pick and assume that contract or trade for Landry then to fool with either of those busts. The teams been through way too much to keep making mistakes like these.

If they happen I sure hope that Bruce is instantly fired for such a dumb idea. Sign our own guys, draft a receiver and a RB and problem solved. No one needs or should want these chumps 

Who ever is pumping up Crowell just needs to stop. Outside of a couple of busted runs he’s been trash since joining the league

Every year the Redskins are associated with whatever free agent is hitting the wire. Can’t we for once be associated with good players instead of the trash of the league? Like tell us we are in the hunt for Todd Gurley and Julio Jones instead of the Kendall Wright’s and Isiah Crowells of the world. Both have I hope the same amount of chance of happening except there are good players and there are Crowells and Paul Richardson’s. 

If they are hell bent on getting free agents on offense my list of under appreciated guys who probably will come cheap would be

RBs - Orleans Darkwa, Thomas Rawls

WRs - Marquess Lee, Willie Snead

None of those guys is gonna put any jerseys on peoples backs or get fans excited but those guys can play and will be cheap. Rather go with cheap players who can play then just players who are trash but people know about

This post is so stupid I don’t even know where to begin.

1. Gurleys and Julios never hit free agency. Period. Free agency is for decent to good players with high upside to get increased pay. Every once in a blue moon you get a Suh but they get paid ridiculous money.

2. Trading draft picks for aging WRs is an even stupider idea than overpaying for mediocrity. Trading for an overrated slot WR at a $16 million premium is Vinny levels of incompetence.

3. Sorry but good players don’t come cheap. You want a good player you have to up the money a bit to compete with other teams. Otherwise you get the abhorrent trash that the infallible Scot McCloughan brought in.

4. I’m not sure if you saw Paul Richardson this year but he was a vital weapon on the Seahawks on an offense that had literally no offsensive line. Volume stats are heavily misleading in context.

Do Redskins nation a favor and actually learn something about the NFL instead of being a mindless zombie who repeats what Grant and Danny spew out.

16 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I think that is a bit lower (est $178) and we have somewhere in the neighborhood of $27mil to spend after Smith/rookies.

Yeah. I thought they were projecting it to be close to 180. But regardless. We have plenty of room to spend money. I wonder if we try to do something with Reed? Cutting him saves us 4 mill on the cap. He is just so talented that you would hate to have him stay healthy on someone elses squad. Although I dont think that is possible with that guy.

21 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

This post is so stupid I don’t even know where to begin.

Then why start? You must clearly want my attention so you got it

1. Gurleys and Julios never hit free agency. Period. Free agency is for decent to good players with high upside to get increased pay. Every once in a blue moon you get a Suh but they get paid ridiculous money.

Every year the same people say “oh the Kirk Cousins don’t hit free agency” oh wait that’s 2017.

Let me start over. The same people say “The Josh Norman’s never hit free agency” oh damn that was 2016 let me try again

This time I will get it right. The same people say “The Nadamukong Suh’s never...”oh crap that was 2015

I can go on and on and it’s so tiring. Seems the least knowledgeable posters out there like to pick arguments with me like this when they don’t know what they are talking about.

Franchise QB

Best CB in the league

Best Defensive player in the league

All hitting free agency the past three years. Stop with the “those players never hit free agency” crap and admit that they do.

2. Trading draft picks for aging WRs is an even stupider idea than overpaying for mediocrity. Trading for an overrated slot WR at a $16 million premium is Vinny levels of incompetence.

So really Jarvis Landry I assume you think is trash?

First if they traded for him obv they redo his contract. Secondly Jarvis Landry at 16 million or Paul Richardson at what I quoted 8-9 million? Are you flipping kidding me?

Love to see a poll saying which would you be happier with more? Overpay for crappy players or overpaying for good players? That over rated slot receiver you speak about is a three time probowler while the other guy people here want to overpay for has 1300 yards for his career while playing with a great QB. Both guys were drafted in the same year, both were second round draft picks. And you want the overpaid not as good player because why?

All I was saying was the Bruce Allen plan of overpaying for crap players is stupid, doesn’t help the team at all, will cost the team draft picks as free agent signings. And you compare me to Vinny hahahhahahahaha

4. I’m not sure if you saw Paul Richardson this year but he was a vital weapon on the Seahawks on an offense that had literally no offsensive line. Volume stats are heavily misleading in context.

Do Redskins nation a favor and actually learn something about the NFL instead of being a mindless zombie who repeats what Grant and Danny spew out.

Do yourself a favor and do some research before attacking me like this. I have not listened to those guys I live in Texas and don’t even know if they are on the air to listen to. Anyway why the hostility like that with me? Your boy has 1300 receiving yards, your over rated guy has 4000, your boy played with one of the best QBs in the league, your overrated guy played with trash but led the league in catches. I think you need to do us all a favor and stop thinking that Paul Richardson is worth 8-9 million but Jarvis Landry isn’t lol. Thanks for the laughs

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

I think that is a bit lower (est $178) and we have somewhere in the neighborhood of $27mil to spend after Smith/rookies.

Hopefully this means they use it on signing our own free agents and stay away from the crap out there, which would mean compensatory picks next draft. We will be due four picks next season if they avoid this free agency this year.

Or they can use that 27 million on free agent players kiss those draft picks goodbye and overpay once again. Only way to avoid that is to trade for players.

Still holding out hope that Bruce isn’t as bad as I think he is.

29 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Then why start? You must clearly want my attention so you got it

Every year the same people say “oh the Kirk Cousins don’t hit free agency” oh wait that’s 2017.

Let me start over. The same people say “The Josh Norman’s never hit free agency” oh damn that was 2016 let me try again

This time I will get it right. The same people say “The Nadamukong Suh’s never...”oh crap that was 2015

I can go on and on and it’s so tiring. Seems the least knowledgeable posters out there like to pick arguments with me like this when they don’t know what they are talking about.

Franchise QB

Best CB in the league

Best Defensive player in the league

All hitting free agency the past three years. Stop with the “those players never hit free agency” crap and admit that they do.

So really Jarvis Landry I assume you think is trash?

First if they traded for him obv they redo his contract. Secondly Jarvis Landry at 16 million or Paul Richardson at what I quoted 8-9 million? Are you flipping kidding me?

Love to see a poll saying which would you be happier with more? Overpay for crappy players or overpaying for good players? That over rated slot receiver you speak about is a three time probowler while the other guy people here want to overpay for has 1300 yards for his career while playing with a great QB. Both guys were drafted in the same year, both were second round draft picks. And you want the overpaid not as good player because why?

All I was saying was the Bruce Allen plan of overpaying for crap players is stupid, doesn’t help the team at all, will cost the team draft picks as free agent signings. And you compare me to Vinny hahahhahahahaha

Do yourself a favor and do some research before attacking me like this. I have not listened to those guys I live in Texas and don’t even know if they are on the air to listen to. Anyway why the hostility like that with me? Your boy has 1300 receiving yards, your over rated guy has 4000, your boy played with one of the best QBs in the league, your overrated guy played with trash but led the league in catches. I think you need to do us all a favor and stop thinking that Paul Richardson is worth 8-9 million but Jarvis Landry isn’t lol. Thanks for the laughs

1. Landry gets force fed the ball every game. That’s the only reason he has his yardage. He’s nowhere near Brown/Hopkins money because he’s a slot WR.

2. Cousins is a mediocre QB. Norman had one good year at CB before Scot chucked ridiculous money at him.

Now run along, fool.

Archived