Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

7 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Yea I know the majority of you hate PFT but they do show the Skins some love. Six of the top 100 free agents are our own players. So like why aren’t we signing these guys and playing the compensatory pick game this year exactly? Like seriously if there ever was a year to stay away from the leagues other guys and sign our own players this is the year!

It's all due to a WEAK market. It's a studless market, so our slightly above avg guys look good comparatively. I'm pretty sure Breeland is rated top 20 on most sites. We know Bree- he shows up huge for 1/4 of the games, gets absolutely toasted for another 1/4, then plays okay in the rest. Also, he's been a big baby since Norman entered because he seems himself as a #1CB. He'll be overpaid and I don't want to be the team doing it.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

I do this all the time, still wish I bought more shares of Citi stock in Mar 2009, it was a no-brainer at just over $14 a share (it was actually lower than that at one point).

Back in 06 I taught myself how to flip stocks, took 5k and turned it into 350k in a year. Owned stock in apple at under a hunny a share, owned Google at 260, then took a bath on a flipping a OTCBB when the crap got delisted where the price went to zero instantly and stopped trading all together. The heights were high but damn the lows were too much for me to take

Owed the IRS over 80k for the short term flips. Had I held out and went long on the stuff I was in instead of hitting and quitting it honestly I’d be a millionaire self made many times over now and decided to let that stuff go. Why worry about what you can’t change?

Seriously life is too short for worrying about what might have been. Was fun to teach myself all the charts and watch

the mo and make money and learn all I did but eh the past is the past. There is always more stocks and money to be made just forget the negativity and enjoy the ride! It’s the journey not the destination that matters. Hail!

19 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

I will say if Kirk goes to the Jets they likely end the same. That’s why I’ve been saying for months book Kirk to the Vikings, best landing spot period

Anyway

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/06/pfts-free-agent-top-100/

Yea I know the majority of you hate PFT but they do show the Skins some love. Six of the top 100 free agents are our own players. So like why aren’t we signing these guys and playing the compensatory pick game this year exactly? Like seriously if there ever was a year to stay away from the leagues other guys and sign our own players this is the year!

Most people don't (even the critics) see Kirk as average to good as you mentioned.  It's good to very good is the standard line and that's from his critics.  So throwing in "average" is taking him down a peg.  then you throw in Bridgewater and Cutler.  It just gives the vibe you are trying to downgrade him from how most see him.   That's fine. To each their own.  But I don't accept that as a premise to a point where I am supposed to debate a conclusion based on what I see as a false premise. 

Granted, I am guilty in engaging with some of the Kirk posts here.  But as I do it, I wonder what's the goal?  You know my position on Kirk.  I know yours.  Aren't you bored with it, a week before FA? :)

As for your other point about compensation picks.  It's sometimes tough to have nuanced positions without being pigeonholed on one hardline stance versus another.  I love the draft.  Heck, I post a heck of a lot more on the draft thread than you do.   I am all in to going young.  Outside of the season, my next favorite thing is following the draft.  I salivate over prospects and having picks.

Having said that, if you start studying the success rate of picks, you'd see just like as Doug said its a crap shoot.  If you get 2-3 starters out of it -- job well done.  So I want impact players. whether its the draft or FA.  The odds of your late third round comp pick to be a success is under -- not over 50%.  Would I rather have an impact guy (especially a young one) over a random late third round pick?  Yes.   Would I rather have the standard Jag FA signing we do here over a comp pick?  Nope.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/2/20/8072877/what-the-statistics-tell-us-about-the-draft-by-round

3rd Round - OL (40%) TE (39%) LB (34%) DL (27%) WR (25%) DB (24%) QB (17%) RB (16%)

4th Round - DL (37%) TE (33%) OL (29%) LB (16%) WR(12%) DB (11%) RB (11%) QB (8%)

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's like being on the board of Amazon with inside knowledge of the stock versus just being some random investor from the outside.  But you forgo the stock options, saying you want to see more because you aren't sure if you want to make a major investment for the long haul.  Then you finally go years later hey, 1536 is too rich to buy that stock -- let the speculators buy on the high.  And we clap him on the back -- focused on the 1536 value of the stock now. 

Scot has said multiple times one of the key things for a GM is to know how to value your own assets and fast.  That's a key part of the job.

Which I agree with but the rub to me is that’s an indication of how crappy Bruce is. And how terrible Snyder is.

Scot had it right, signing him in 15-16 was the right thing to do. He was also right saying that signing him now is not good money.

You don’t take good money and chase bad money. You don’t catch falling knives either and you don’t predict ceilings. In other words the time passed on when it made sense to buy in long term. Worrying about it today when the tag deadlines come and gone and Kirk is gone is silly to me. The lesson here is to not make the same mistake next time, if these bozos do that then none of this ends up being worth it

45 minutes ago, carex said:

I haven't heard muc about cap casualties, guys who wouldn't count against the comp pick thing.  What's the latest rumors on them, on positions we might want?

Those are cut players. Maybe we see someone like Manny Sanders cut. If that happens we could swoop in and pick up the contract as is and it not count against the picks. Another name to watch is Michael Crabtree. I’d take on either of those guys deals as is over some overrated chump like Arob or Paul Rich

15 minutes ago, CTskin said:

It's all due to a WEAK market. It's a studless market, so our slightly above avg guys look good comparatively. I'm pretty sure Breeland is rated top 20 on most sites. We know Bree- he shows up huge for 1/4 of the games, gets absolutely toasted for another 1/4, then plays okay in the rest. Also, he's been a big baby since Norman entered because he seems himself as a #1CB. He'll be overpaid and I don't want to be the team doing it.

I don’t disagree this is a crappy market. When it’s a sellers market I don’t want to be a buyer. I want to buy when it makes sense. With reasons to not buy and to spend our ammunition where it makes sense knowing teams like the Browns got 115 million in space to spend the talent is going to cash in. To me it makes sense signing our own dudes this year rather then salivating over guys like Trey Burton who is meh but going to be paid well. Knowing the market is key to success

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Most people don't (even the critics) see Kirk as average to good as you mentioned.  It's good to very good is the standard line and that's from his critics.  So throwing in "average" is taking him down a peg.  then you throw in Bridgewater and Cutler.  It just gives the vibe you are trying to downgrade him from how most see him.   That's fine. To each their own.  But I don't accept that as a premise to a point where I am supposed to debate a conclusion based on what I see as a false premise. 

Granted, I am guilty in engaging with some of the Kirk posts here.  But as I do it, I wonder what's the goal?  You know my position on Kirk.  I know yours.  Aren't you bored with it, a week before FA? :)

As for your other point about compensation picks.  It's sometimes tough to have nuanced positions without being pigeonholed on one hardline stance versus another.  I love the draft.  Heck, I post a heck of a lot more on the draft thread than you do.   I am all in to going young.  Outside of the season, my next favorite thing is following the draft.  I salivate over prospects and having picks.

Having said that, if you start studying the success rate of picks, you'd see just like as Doug said its a crap shoot.  If you get 2-3 starters out of it -- job well done.  So I want impact players. whether its the draft or FA.  The odds of your late third round comp pick to be a success is under -- not over 50%.  Would I rather have an impact guy (especially a young one) over a random late third round pick?  Yes.   Would I rather have the standard Jag FA signing we do here over a comp pick?  Nope.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/2/20/8072877/what-the-statistics-tell-us-about-the-draft-by-round

3rd Round - OL (40%) TE (39%) LB (34%) DL (27%) WR (25%) DB (24%) QB (17%) RB (16%)

4th Round - DL (37%) TE (33%) OL (29%) LB (16%) WR(12%) DB (11%) RB (11%) QB (8%)

Great post but your misunderstanding me. I am hardlined where I stand. Do not want a dime spent on players that fall into these categories 

1. Free Agents

Thats it. Not hard to get. Not hard to comprehend. Spend all the money on guys like this

1. Traded for players

2. Cut players assuming the contracts they hold 

3. Our own talent

Not too hard. For once I am anti free agents. This teams about to be picked over big time we can’t give up draft capital while retooling in the process. I’m not delusional thinking this team can win the Super Bowl next year they can’t. This team is building and they need to build it the right way, through the draft and signing its own players one step at a time

16 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Back in 06 I taught myself how to flip stocks, took 5k and turned it into 350k in a year. Owned stock in apple at under a hunny a share, owned Google at 260, then took a bath on a flipping a OTCBB when the crap got delisted where the price went to zero instantly and stopped trading all together. The heights were high but damn the lows were too much for me to take

Owed the IRS over 80k for the short term flips. Had I held out and went long on the stuff I was in instead of hitting and quitting it honestly I’d be a millionaire self made many times over now and decided to let that stuff go. Why worry about what you can’t change?

Seriously life is too short for worrying about what might have been. Was fun to teach myself all the charts and watch

the mo and make money and learn all I did but eh the past is the past. There is always more stocks and money to be made just forget the negativity and enjoy the ride! It’s the journey not the destination that matters. Hail!

Damn man, I feel you, I did a similar dance. Invested in the volatile microcap biotech sector to daytrade. It went well until I dove deeper than the technical chart trading and read up on the drugs and trials and began investing instead of trading. Long story short is that I'm no scientist and I invested with my heart, always wanted those trial drugs to be approved for the good of everyone (mother theresa over here), held too long thru catalysts and missed six figures of unrealized gains. I was 24 barely making $50k/yr, that would have been gamechanging money at the time. But cheers to the lessons learned, good or bad, I've always been a fan of roller coasters.

17 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Worrying about it today when the tag deadlines come and gone and Kirk is gone is silly to me.

Judging from the typical post from the people upset about it -- me included.  The operative point isn't that we can't get over spilled milk.  It's that the dude who spilled the milk here has made a mess all over the place and he's still running the show.   I think the last button left from most of the pro-Kirk people (me included) is a defiant defense of Bruce and the FO for how they handled it.

If the lessen to some is hey we can't fault Bruce for this one -- what else you got?  To each their own but that's the button for me.:)

17 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Which I agree with but the rub to me is that’s an indication of how crappy Bruce is. And how terrible Snyder is.

If you stick to this point in the context of Kirk.  That's the main thing for me.  It's the main takeaway that matters to me.  And not from a stand point of venting but from the place that I am exactly where I was in 2009 when I had enough of Cerrato.  I have had enough of Bruce. 

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

Damn man, I feel you, I did a similar dance. Invested in the volatile microcap biotech sector to daytrade. It went well until I dove deeper than the technical chart trading and read up on the drugs and trials and began investing instead of trading. Long story short is that I'm no scientist and I invested with my heart, always wanted those trial drugs to be approved for the good of everyone (mother theresa over here), held too long thru catalysts and missed six figures of unrealized gains. I was 24 barely making $50k/yr, that would have been gamechanging money at the time. But cheers to the lessons learned, good or bad, I've always been a fan of roller coasters.

Aint that soooo enticing the drugs coming to market...maybe today.... omg brother I used to track a bunch of them before I got all into management and would watch that MACD to see how much buying was going on last hour of the day just to see if people knew something. Those dirty ****s would release the news after hours and be tripled by opening bell. Good time lol

3 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

1. Traded for players

And I recall from another post, you are OK with trading draft picks for players.  How does it work where its ok to trade today's picks for likely lesser picks the year after.  I don't follow the logic of it. 

What I hate is trading draft picks.    This team trades way too many draft picks.  People like to say that Bruce turned some major page on that front from Vinny.  I respond with maybe by a hair but he's been bad too.

Since Bruce is here they've traded away:

two #1 picks

two #2 picks

two #3 picks

one 4th round pick

We got the Eagles accumulate major draft capital from us for McNabb, Bradford.  And it might look like Foles is next.  That's how you win. 

1 minute ago, bobandweave said:

Aint that soooo enticing the drugs coming to market...maybe today.... omg brother I used to track a bunch of them before I got all into management and would watch that MACD to see how much buying was going on last hour of the day just to see if people knew something. Those dirty ****s would release the news after hours and be tripled by opening bell. Good time lol

Man we could take this thread way off course, but goddam the insider trading in that world is insanely obvious. Damn corrupt SEC lives with the other cheek turned. Follow the block trades, the volume, the call/put buying spikes, and it's all there.

... annnd thinkorswim is now open on my other screen. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And I recall from another post, you are OK with trading draft picks for players.  How does it work where its ok to trade today's picks for likely lesser picks the year after.  I don't follow the logic of it. 

What I hate is trading draft picks.    This team trades way too many draft picks.  People like to say that Bruce turned some major page on that front from Vinny.  I respond with maybe by a hair but he's been bad too.

Since Bruce is here they've traded away:

two #1 picks

two #2 picks

two #3 picks

one 4th round pick

We got the Eagles accumulate major draft capital from us for McNabb, Bradford.  And it might look like Foles is next.  That's how you win. 

In fairness, (and I say this with the firm

belief Bruce is an incompetent wretch) but 3 of those 7 traded picks were for 1 player (Griffin), and I think we gave up 2 for McNugget.  There really haven’t been a lot of trades away, but there have been some costly ones.

He also picked up a 4th (I think) for JC and a 6th for McNugget which turned into Morris.

Of his many, many, MANY transgressions, the one I have the least problem with is trading away picks.  

I don’t love trading away picks as a general rule, but there are times when it’s ok.

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

In fairness, (and I say this with the firm

belief Bruce is an incompetent wretch) but 3 of those 7 traded picks were for 1 player (Griffin), and I think we gave up 2 for McNugget.  There really haven’t been a lot of trades away, but there have been some costly ones.

He also picked up a 4th (I think) for JC and a 6th for McNugget which turned into Morris.

Of his many, many, MANY transgressions, the one I have the least problem with is trading away picks.  

I don’t love trading away picks as a general rule, but there are times when it’s ok.

I didn't bother with the low picks.  Vinny used to accumulate them, too.  It was a 4th for JC -- not in the same draft, or even the next one but 2 years later.  So in draft value that's the same as a 6th rounder.  They also got a 5th for AH. They traded away if I recall a 5th for Carrier. And yeah they did get a 6th for McNabb.

Whether it was trading up for RG3, McNabb, J. Brown none of it obviously worked out well.  My point is as I've said in another thread, I cannot recall ONE trade during Vinny or Bruce's era where trading high draft picks (3rd-1st) for veteran players ended up well.  I guess Brunell wasn't terrible  but a third rounder for a guy who had one good season, "meh".

John Keim just now.  Saying he is hearing interest in Richardson and Robinson.  Possible Watkins but Richardson and Robinson are higher on their list..  He hasn't heard any mention of Wilson.  If they lose Zach Brown they might look for another MLB on the market.

He says Richardson and Robinson he's heard have a lot of suitors so don't count on either one as an in the bag signing.

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

John Keim just now.  Saying he is hearing interest in Richardson and Robinson.  Possible Watkins but Richardson and Robinson are higher on their list..  He hasn't heard any mention of Wilson.  If they lose Zach Brown they might look for another MLB on the market.

He says Richardson and Robinson he's heard have a lot of suitors so don't count on either one as an in the bag signing.

This is where the Skins don't need to be cheap (Allen) and sign a player of need.  One player that could be a possible replacement that I believe JP Finley or someone brought up as a possible replacement was Anthony Hitchens of Dallas.

Oh my God, Allen continues his war path to sabbatage the Redskins if he lets Zach Brown, Kendal Fuller, Cousins, and Breedland go in the same damn off-eason.  Unbelievable how ****ing incompetent this guy is......and the stupid ****ing organization that no one wants to play for.  

Just now, RWJ said:

Hopefully, one named Zac Brown.  We need him back.  Why do I have a feeling these other signings might be smaller names.  Hmmmmm.

You can buy Zac Brown's album on itunes or you can watch him on youtube for free.

We do need to re-sign Zach Brown.

47 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Oh my God, Allen continues his war path to sabbatage the Redskins if he lets Zach Brown, Kendal Fuller, Cousins, and Breedland go in the same damn off-eason.  Unbelievable how ****ing incompetent this guy is......and the stupid ****ing organization that no one wants to play for.  

Little harsh, and we have to see who they bring in, but... wouldn’t it be something if the FO allows the defense go the way our pass catchers did last year?  Sure hope that’s not the case.  

A player who fits the so called type of player the Skins want, younger players finishing there rookie contracts. And one player I've seen on another Skins site is Beau Allen NT currently with the eagle's, 3/4m per year should be enough I think. And I would release McClain to make room. I mentioned on here couple of months ago that I would like the Skins to go after him. Hungry younger player who is a fulltime NT as well, Leave more cap room to go for LG and WR.

HTTR 

Archived