Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

5 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Pass on Martin for me too..  he is one of those players that looks great in preseason and below average during. He had one good year which looks like an anomaly at this point. Bust

if he is cut.. he has no contract. will most likely sign for vet min

There is a time table for him where he can be picked up by another team on the contract he is under. After that time he becomes a free agent. I think the time is 48 hours. So for now any team that wanted Martin would have to assume his contract. Not a good thing to do.

Norman - Moreaux- Dunbar isn’t ideal. But it’s not terrible. Especially with Holsey and Harvey-Clemons as upside options. But I agree you end up being in a position to draft someone to add depth and prepare for the eventual replacement of Norman in the next 1-2 years. 

Also, realizing now our CBs are comprised of a 5th, UDFA, 3rd, 7th and 7th. Even bringing back Breeland adds a 4th. Been a while since we invested 1st/2nd round in a CB. Not that I’m advocating for that. Just interesting. 

27 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Norman - Moreaux- Dunbar isn’t ideal. But it’s not terrible. Especially with Holsey and Harvey-Clemons as upside options. But I agree you end up being in a position to draft someone to add depth and prepare for the eventual replacement of Norman in the next 1-2 years. 

Also, realizing now our CBs are comprised of a 5th, UDFA, 3rd, 7th and 7th. Even bringing back Breeland adds a 4th. Been a while since we invested 1st/2nd round in a CB. Not that I’m advocating for that. Just interesting. 

No guarantees we keep Norman... now it's floating out there that we're considering going in a different direction... which would vault CB to to the top of the needs list... like a rocket.  

4 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

No guarantees we keep Norman... now it's floating out there that we're considering going in a different direction... which would vault CB to to the top of the needs list... like a rocket.  

Finlay was just on the Cooley show earlier and he said he doesn't believe those reports and there's nothing he has ever seen or heard that makes him think they are true.  He went on to say he's had open lines of communication with Josh which is his basis for the story being BS.

36 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Patrick Robinson

Jaelin Mills

Ronald Darby

Rausal Douglas

Elie Bouka

Devante Bausby

Those cats are wearing Super Bowl rings today because they have the best middle third of the field in the NFL.  And that's with having average ILB play.

17 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Finlay was just on the Cooley show earlier and he said he doesn't believe those reports and there's nothing he has ever seen or heard that makes him think they are true.  He went on to say he's had open lines of communication with Josh which is his basis for the story being BS.

good to hear that.... JLC might have been click baiting, but it's still worrisome to hear that.. glad it's been semi-debunked

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

There is a time table for him where he can be picked up by another team on the contract he is under. After that time he becomes a free agent. I think the time is 48 hours. So for now any team that wanted Martin would have to assume his contract. Not a good thing to do.

I am 100% confident no team will bring him in at his current 6.5mil / year contract. He is as good as fa

2 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

good to hear that.... JLC might have been click baiting, but it's still worrisome to hear that.. glad it's been semi-debunked

Finlay is also a straight up homer for the Skins.  In fairness to him, it's kind of his job.

Perhaps JLC is merely projecting based on the last few soundbites Josh has provided, but I think he made it rather clear that he's not all that impressed with how this move has turned out for him.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Finlay is also a straight up homer for the Skins.  In fairness to him, it's kind of his job.

Perhaps JLC is merely projecting based on the last few soundbites Josh has provided, but I think he made it rather clear that he's not all that impressed with how this move has turned out for him.

absolutely.. hence the semi-debunked.  

I dont understand why Norman would be this bitter about it, something personal between him and Kirk or him and Fuller.  Most guys understand it's a business, and he should be the first to understand that after what happened between him and his former agent regarding Carolina.  If anything it opened up money for him to get an extension after this year....His play tailed off during the 2nd half of last year, and he's yet to prove he's still one of 'the best' CBs in the game.  This past year was his most expensive, being vocally against the franchise isn't exactly the best way to look for an extension, unless he wants to take the money and run.  

4 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

absolutely.. hence the semi-debunked.  

I dont understand why Norman would be this bitter about it, something personal between him and Kirk or him and Fuller. 

It doesn't necessarily have to be personal.  I think he means it when he says he came here expecting great things.  He was a big time Cousins guy.  I'm sure he's a big time Fuller guy.  I'm sure he sees them as pivotal pieces in experiencing the great things he's been expecting.  He's also given the impression that he hasn't always been happy with how's been used in this defense.

I agree that his play took a turn for the worse after coming back from injury.  But I'm sure he probably sees things a little bit differently than we do.  I don't say all that to say that he definitely wants to jump on the next thing smoking out of Washington, it just wouldn't surprise me at all if he's seen enough in his two years with the team to know he doesn't want to spend the back nine of his career here.

38 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Those cats are wearing Super Bowl rings today because they have the best middle third of the field in the NFL.  And that's with having average ILB play.

Oh, I'm with you. Build the front 6/7 and the rest takes care of itself. I'm not concerned about our DBs, just think we may get one later in the draft or a middle-type FA to bolster that crew. More of a looking to the future and making sure you've got a nice stash of guys at the position v. having a dominant grouping.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

And you're a complete homer for anything Anti-Skins.

:ols:

Yeah man, I totally love all the bad news that guys like you always think is good news.

And nice job omitting the other part where I clearly said that's his job.  Wasn't hating on him but he literally always paints everything as good for the Skins.

41 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Oh, I'm with you. Build the front 6/7 and the rest takes care of itself. I'm not concerned about our DBs, just think we may get one later in the draft or a middle-type FA to bolster that crew. More of a looking to the future and making sure you've got a nice stash of guys at the position v. having a dominant grouping.

Unfortunately paying the "tax" to get out of the Cousins mess by trading a third to KC (along with Fuller) really weakens our draft position.

I'm not against a trade back depending on how we perform in FA.  From the sounds of it we're not doing much, to include re-signing our own, which is depressing.

I would definitely see what Breeland is looking for, but I have a hunch it’s going to be quite a bit more than we’re willing to spend.  I also think they’d prioritize dline and receiver higher (in FA), as well as re-signing Brown (or another ILB). 

I can’t express how bummed I am that we finally found a slot corner and immediately moved on.  If we did target a corner in FA, I’d rather go for a guy that can play in the slot - there are several options, I believe.  

Personally, I’d look at a cheaper wr (along the lines of the Quick signing last year) in FA and hope to add a guy in the draft.  

Tier 1 dlineman, mid tier slot corner, ILB and maybe back, and a low-mid tier receiver.  

Surprised Murphy hasn’t been talked to.  Re-signing him would make me feel much better about OLB.  

Those moves would open up the draft for us and give us some flexibility to maybe trade down to recoup the 3rd rounder (or maybe more).  

Edit:  @DC9I both like and hate that last post, lol.  

46 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

:ols:

Yeah man, I totally love all the bad news that guys like you always think is good news.

And nice job omitting the other part where I clearly said that's his job.  Wasn't hating on him but he literally always paints everything as good for the Skins.

"Guys like me", what does that mean?  You can go listen to the podcast and draw your own conclusions.

14 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

"Guys like me", what does that mean? 

You started this with saying I'm a homer for Anti-Skins news, whatever that means.  My point is that we clearly have different views on the team and the way we absorb information about all things Redskins.  I'm not going to make this thread about you and I, so I'll just leave it at that.

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My point is that we clearly have different views on the team and the way we absorb information about all things Redskins.

We may have different views on the Kirk saga but other than that I doubt we differ much in our opinion of the franchise and how it's being run.

The difference is that you can only beat a dead horse for so long and at some point it becomes exhausting.

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah his best 2 qualities were his nickname and dance. He was an ok player with a big personality.

i got roasted last year saying I was fine moving on from him, regardless of the moves they made to fill the spot...

16 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Moving on from him was one we did get right. 

On his day he could push the pile with the best of the DL in the league.  My cousins is a die hard Bucs fan and pretty plugged in, he said that Swaggy didn't put in the work and he was awful for the room.

Archived