Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did you finish the Chargers game???

Renegade7

Did you watch the whole Chargers game???  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Did you watch the whole Chargers game???

• Yes
    • No

Yes/No...  
I  have two sons... one is 22 and has really started getting into the Skins games (unfortunately for him) over the past two years.  Yesterday was the first game he stopped watching.  He left my house at half time in disgust. My other son who is 18 plays Juniors hockey and was playing at the same time as the Skins game.  I was watching both the skins and my son's hockey game at the same time.  At the half I switched to mainly only watching the hockey game.  His team is a winning team and he had a beautiful assist and a goal in a 5-2 win.  So while the Skins completely let us down I was able to still feel pretty good since my son's hockey team won.

17 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I made it into the fourth, but for the most part checked out with about ten minutes to go. I kept flipping back because I'm a sucker, but the game became the secondary. I did see the Breeland interception and run back and the subsequent trash decision to go for 1, but they just didn't give me any reason to stay.

Like @goskins10 said, this is really rare for me. I can probably count on my hands the number of games I have walked away from in the last thirty years.

Am I the only one who had a problem with Breeland jumping into the crowd?  I know it's a rare pick 6 but come on now, reminded me of LL posing after a big hit 20 yards downfield. 

I watched it all, but for the first time this season (and 2+ seasons past) I didn't have my ju ju totems out. I have a foam brick with a redskins logo pattern that I rub for luck and throw when I'm REALLY irritated. A little ref flag that I toss everytime the refs miss ones that would benefit us. I also turn my hat on possession changes... bill forward on offense (business) bill backwards on defense (party). Don't judge me, I know I'm not alone.

I didn't do any of that yesterday. Just watched the game. Didn't even drink that much. Didn't yell once. Spent halftime prepping a beef roast for my wife. And when it was done?... I just started playing Elder Scrolls: Online and enjoyed the rest of my evening.. I can NEVER actively want them to lose, but lets be honest...any wins now actually harms them long term so I'll keep watching and be happy when they score, bit if they lose out... (shrugs shoulders).

Someone said it best earlier... these days if you even admit to liking the Skins, then you are a fan without reproach. I salute you all.Hail to the NewYear!

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Am I the only one who had a problem with Breeland jumping into the crowd?  I know it's a rare pick 6 but come on now, reminded me of LL posing after a big hit 20 yards downfield. 

Meh... it's his 1st Pick 6 regardless of the circumstances and I'm sure the fans he interacted with saw as a treat for enduring the rest of that **** show.

6 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Yes/No...  
I  have two sons... one is 22 and has really started getting into the Skins games (unfortunately for him) over the past two years.  Yesterday was the first game he stopped watching.  He left my house at half time in disgust. My other son who is 18 plays Juniors hockey and was playing at the same time as the Skins game.  I was watching both the skins and my son's hockey game at the same time.  At the half I switched to mainly only watching the hockey game.  His team is a winning team and he had a beautiful assist and a goal in a 5-2 win.  So while the Skins completely let us down I was able to still feel pretty good since my son's hockey team won.

Nice...what do his games air on?

14 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Yes/No...  
I  have two sons... one is 22 and has really started getting into the Skins games (unfortunately for him) over the past two years.  Yesterday was the first game he stopped watching.  He left my house at half time in disgust. 

That's got to be tough, but I don't blame him.  I haven't done that to my dad yet, but I think that will be my next thread, "Are your kids Redskins fans, too???".  I predict the results will be even worse on that one.  I obviously am and my sister is a Redskins sympathizer and it wasn't like our dad forced it on us.  He just liked the skins, we liked him, so we liked the skins, too.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's got to be tough, but I don't blame him.  I haven't done that to my dad yet, but I think that will be my next thread, "Are your kids Redskins fans, too???".  I predict the results will be even worse on that one.  I obviously am and my sister is a Redskins sympathizer and it wasn't like our dad forced it on us.  He just liked the skins, we liked him, so we liked the skins, too.

It’s funny, before my dad started working with the team (started when i was in 6th grade, I’m 24 now), my dad would be upstairs watching the game and I’d be downstairs watching/doing my own things and he’d ask if i would watch the game. “Soon” was my response and i never joined him. Once i started going to the home games with my older brother, i somehow started immediately following the team and a few years later grew into a full-on diehard NFL fan, following what each team does in regular season/offseason/training camp.

my Mom and my sister went to almost every home game too, and our holidays were always centered around the redskins. Now that my dad’s not with the team anymore, i stil follow the team and the nfl, and my brother does too, as well as my dad. However, my mom and my sister don’t watch the games unless we’re all at home during the holidays and I’m watching the game, with all my gear on. 

10 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

Nice... what do his games air on?

He plays in the WSHL - They are online - not TV.  But its great for parents/fans.  He plays in Vegas next week and Ill be watching from the stands.  Should be fun.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yup.. thats how it is with me and my boys.  They have always taken some interest mainly because I was a big fan and just became fans too.  They have been to a few games over the years and identified themselves as being Redskin fans.  Something changed about 2 years ago for my older son.  Now he (like me) adjusts his schedule around games, listens to sports radio in DC.  Reads/Posts on forums like this... Now he is as passionate as I am.  We were in Seattle a few weeks ago for the Seahawks game.  I feel bad for him as now his Sundays are often disappointing - something diehard Skin fans get used to perhaps.  Every year the thinking is - well at some point they will turn things around and win it all... and we will be there.  lol.. delusional.  

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

turned it off after the 3rd period.

Are we playing hockey here?  :P

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

The result of this poll is not good news for the Redskins. When your biggest fans, the ones who are willing to spend countless hours on a team forum, dont finish watching your games you are in trouble. It seems most of us are so beaten down by the mediocrity of this team that we almost dont even care anymore. People will pay to see you play if they feel like the team is trending up. But this off season is going to be a disaster of momentous proportions. We will lose Cousins, trade away the future to move up and take either Rosen or Darnold, keep Snyder's puppets in power and complete the cycle of suck all over again.

I'm sure that the broadcast company can confirm the results on a more official level.  But yeah, apathy is setting in.

I only watched the end because my daughter had fallen asleep on my shoulder and I didn't want to move her to get the remote.  Otherwise I think there was a marathon of NCIS which would have been more appealing...

I was at the Redskins bar in New York, with about 80 other fans, I would have stayed until the end, but I had to pick up my car from my son, who had borrowed it for the weekend, here were about 8 minutes left, so I missed our second TD.

Never started watching it.  I set the DVR to record it, which is pretty much what I've been doing the last 2 seasons.  If we win, I'll watch it and fast forward through the huddles, commercials and time outs.  If we lose bad, I delete it.  If we lose and it's a close game, I'll usually watch it.

I was wrapping X-mas gifts and watching a hockey game while we played.  I could see the score as the game went along.

It's just sad that I've been a fan of this team for over 40 years (42 to be exact) and it's come to this. I can remember a time that I would be antsy by the time Wednesday rolled around for Sunday/Monday to get here.  I would wake up on game day with excitement and anticipation for the game. I would watch all the pregame shows. I was always nervous, but it was an excited nervousness. Football season could never get here.  When they started televising the draft, I would watch every pick.  I would look at the ticker (before the internet) to see if we made any transactions. I'd read every article in the Washington Post. I would wear something Redskins on gameday, even in my home.

Now, I barely know when we make a transaction in free agency. I usually find out in here.  I don't watch any of the draft, until it gets to our pick. Wednesdays are just hump day anymore to get through the rest of the week. I watch ZERO pregame.  I don't watch any of the Sunday night, Monday night or Thursday night games.  Hell, I don't even watch our games live.

I've been loyal to this team for over 40+ years.  That will never change.  I won't switch teams, I won't bandwagon on to another team and I'll keep all of the Redskins stuff (a room full) that I already have.  But I've stopped buying new things.  I'm cancelling Sunday Ticket next season (almost did this year, but the vote was 51%-49% in my head).  They will always be my team until the day I die, but I'm stepping back (a big step back) from them until they become relevant again.  Call me fair-weather or whatever, but I deserve to be fair-weather for a few years after putting up with the last 26 years of crap.

They've literally sucked the fun out of it and the passion I once had for them and the NFL.  When all of this concussion stuff came out and some predicted that football won't be around in 20 years, I was shocked they would think that.  Now, if it went away, it wouldn't bother me as much as it would have 5-10 years ago.

I don't know how some fans do it.  Kudos to you.  I was reading the "Parade" magazine this weekend and they had Matt Damon in it.  They asked him what his favorite thing to do on the weekends was.  He said, "sitting with my kids and watching the Patriots win."  Really.  Would he have said that 20 years ago?  Lucky him, I guess that he has a team like that. And will he do that when Brady and Belichick are gone and they are 2-14? 

Sorry for the long post.  Felt this was a good thread to do this.  Wonder how many of you feel the same way I do?  I know some of you are unwavering and unconditional.  My Mom is that way.  16-0 or 0-16.  The losing doesn't bother me BTW.  It's been how we lose, how we are perceived and how much of a clown show we've been. Hopefully better times are ahead for us in the future.  Who knows?  But Cleveland Browns fans have been saying that for a long time too.  Hope I'm still alive to see another SB, but I doubt it (I turn 50 next month). 

Sucks to be a Skins fan right now.  Wish it were better.

1 hour ago, LightningBuggs said:

Not only did I not finish the game, I didn't start it.

There's nothing enjoyable about watching this team anymore.  Why should I waste one of my 2 days off work every weekend on them?

Time to find something more fulfilling to do with that Sunday afternoon time.

I also didn't watch it, either.  I've been a fan since 1979, and at one point would make it my duty to watch every game.

Now, I'll quickly tune out if we're getting drubbed, and will not watch if the team isn't playing for anything (ie, playoff berth).

I'm done watching the Redskins this season, and will tune back in in 2018.

Think that's the first game I've turned off early since 2009 against the Falcons, after the bye. I went outside to paint a fence then. Yesterday, I switched to RedZone, just before that flea flicker to Allen, thinking I'd turn back in a minute, then I saw that highlight, checked the GDT, and decided not to embrace the misery. 

I've watched one full game this season because after countless years of similar results, I told myself to enjoy those 3 hours instead of watching a game where the ending is usually already predetermined as a loss. As for the chargers game, it was on DVR and I watched the first half as I fast forwarded even that much. The rest, I just started watching The Walking Dead. Yes I'm busy, and yes I have a family but I can always find time for the Skins if they were good. 

I finished it, just because it's the end of the season and there (mercifully) isn't much Redskins football left this year. I was laughing by the time the Chargers were up 30-6, and the blowout loss didn't really make me angry. Just...apathetic. I stopped caring after last week's debacle.

Archived