Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did you finish the Chargers game???

Renegade7

Did you watch the whole Chargers game???  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Did you watch the whole Chargers game???

• Yes
    • No

I'm just checking to see if I'm crazy here.  I know I'm not the only one that saw this trainwreck coming once the Chargers scored on their first two drives, but damn.  It seems like everywhere I turn, everybody saying they turned the **** off. 

At this point, I don't question anyone's fandom for having a life.  I'm just starting to question myself lately with all these Redskins shirts I have and a flag over my couch when I know I could doing something else when this team checks out like that.  I keep saying, "oh this could be another Seattle game", I love watching them win games they ain't got no business winning, keeps my faith alive in more ways then one.

Is my fan card questionable for thinking this way? I look at franchises like the Browns and they still have season ticket holders, and I'm like, "damn, if they can hold out, why can't I?".  I was three the last time we won a superbowl, this losing **** is all I know, but I keep asking myself, why am I more excited for the Redskins to play then the Redskins are?  I don't want to miss the last three games, I really don't, I just get a lot of crap for defending this team daily, and I keep wondering if they really deserve it.

I stopped watching the broadcast at 13-0. I turned on the radio broadcast in my computer room and got some work done while half listening and checking in with ES. Almost went back when we made it 13-7. One play later from the Chargers, I was stuck at my computer the rest of the game actually getting something worthwhile done. 

I flipped over to Eagles/Rams...during commercials I would go back and check the Skins but get more excited for a Brian Mitchell tirade or apathetic look on his face for the post game then I do for the effort this team has been trotting out.  Not all players have checked out but enough that it was so blatantly obvious, it was not worth the time to watch.

I turned it off at the end of the third quarter. I switched to watching Redzone, much better games elsewhere. I don't think you can question any Redskins fan's fandom at this point. There are no bandwagon Skins fans, if you are still here, you're a fan.

The team did not want to play that game yesterday, they didn't care at all. So why should I? I have come to the realization that you can be a diehard fan without sinking a ton of $ into a bunch of meaningless merchandise, etc. I am giving up season tickets after this year, and don't plan on going back to that dump again. I still watch every game, and no other team can get me as excited or as dejected as the Skins can, but as a 30 year old I have basically only seen losing and dysfunction from this organization. All of the optimism and hope that they'll turn it around has been beaten out of me, and I sense that is the direction the fan base is going in as well. I really think the only thing that will make Snyder make some actual impact changes is if he starts to hurt in the wallet. He finally brought Scot in as the RG3 saga came to a predictable and miserable end.

And even then, after seemingly finding the right guy, it only took two years before he ran him out the door. So who knows, maybe it will never get better, maybe we are Cleveland Browns NFC Edition.

For the second week in a row - but the also only the second time in 48 years - I turned it off after the 3rd period. And I knew we would get killed last week after the dallast game was over. I have mentally prepared myself for the beat down. 

Having said that, I am not getting rid of any shirts or memorabilia. I have decided not to go to any games for a while (I live outside the area and have been going to 3 to 5 games a year). 

Honestly though it is really hard for me to get too upset at the team. I know there are all kinds of "blow it up" nonsense. But the fact is I don't care what people like to think, but losing 11 starters to IR along with losing a few veterans from the year before, not to mention 4 of their pack-ups to IR along with all the other guys lost for games but not to IR and it's amazing they lasted this long. The Chargers are a very good football team. 

It still hurts and is very irritating to watch. But while i know people think they were not trying, many guys out there were trying , they were just out-manned. But you just can't miss that many players and have other players coming back from injury and expect them to play very well. 

So, turning the game off and doing something else is not reason to lose your "fan card" what ever that is....  I love to play golf - more than the Redskins. But there have been times where I had to get off the course. It was just bad and getting worse. Like yesterday, I start thinking of work I could be doing. 

I will turn it off again if they lay another egg. But I will also be right back the next week hoping for the best until it's clear that will not happen. 

There are only 16 all year, I watch every one to the end. Now I watch on delay and hit FF through a lot of the 2nd half (lowest speed so i could still see what was happening).    But I was still watching every last painful play as I have for virtually every game of my life. 

Then I went back and picked up the Red Zone, also recorded, so I could see what real football looked like. 

1 minute ago, TMK9973 said:

I cant ever not watch a skins game -all of it..however -mid way thru the 3rd period I left the bar i was at and watched the rest at home....

I was tempted to do that during the Dallas game.  Somebody next to me at the bar ordered $800 worth of shots and I ended up with a couple so I stuck around.  There was only one other redskins fan and she said she liked the Steelers, too, so I might as well have been alone while all the Dallas fans were talking trash.  It was kinda brutal, but one of my best friends is one of the cooks, so he came out and kicked it with me for a little bit.

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I technically finished it, but I was only half paying attention once the score got to be 23-3. I knew the writing was on the wall at that point.  It was miserable.

23-3? What game were you watching??  We didn’t have a field goal. I think you meant 23-6 (TD and missed extra point) and I wasn’t even able to watch, I know this from play by play on ESPN.com ??

I have always, in the past, watched every game in it's entirety.  I have not for the last two.  I started enthused, but realized immediately it was more of the same old crap.  I drifted to other games and college basketball.  My favorite game to watch yesterday was the Packers game. THEY are an enjoyable team to watch.  We are jut painful.  It just not fun at this juncture, and I will continue to try every game, but my interest has simply waned. I wish is was not so, but it is the simple truth. I'm sure I will be excited again but now it is just drudgery.  I am a 50 year fan btw & remember Sonny, Billy, and too many others to list, but for now the magic seems to have vanished, at least for me. It actually makes me sad when I think about it.  Looking ahead to our draft position, free agency, the Kirk Ultimatum, and 2018.  I'm sure they will suck me as usual.  Hail

I did..it's been a while since I quit watching and left..I was pretty toasted off a handful of Pabst and some killer puff a roo, lol...at home this time..I always watch the game with my parent's...not this game tho..lol before I knew it the game was wayyy out of reach and I was still on the edge of the couch rooting on the skins for...I still don't know lol

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

23-3? What game were you watching??  We didn’t have a field goal. I think you meant 23-6 (TD and missed extra point) and I wasn’t even able to watch, I know this from play by play on ESPN.com ??

Yeah, 23-6 is what I meant.  Sorry guys, I am a west-coaster, I am barely awake right now. Hahaha.

The result of this poll is not good news for the Redskins. When your biggest fans, the ones who are willing to spend countless hours on a team forum, dont finish watching your games you are in trouble. It seems most of us are so beaten down by the mediocrity of this team that we almost dont even care anymore. People will pay to see you play if they feel like the team is trending up. But this off season is going to be a disaster of momentous proportions. We will lose Cousins, trade away the future to move up and take either Rosen or Darnold, keep Snyder's puppets in power and complete the cycle of suck all over again.

I made it into the fourth, but for the most part checked out with about ten minutes to go. I kept flipping back because I'm a sucker, but the game became the secondary. I did see the Breeland interception and run back and the subsequent trash decision to go for 1, but they just didn't give me any reason to stay.

Like @goskins10 said, this is really rare for me. I can probably count on my hands the number of games I have walked away from in the last thirty years.

I watched at a bar with the Eagles-Rams and Seahawks-Jags on nearby TVs. At one point I was tempted to ask the bartender to turn the Skins game off. When I got home I logged onto ES and I noticed that the GDT seemed to be significantly shorter than normal. What about the next three weeks? Not only are the Skins out of it, but we can't even play spoiler. Looking at the final three games of recent seasons where the Skins were already long out of it......in 2013 we at least had a home game against a Cowboys team still fighting to get in (as well as a chance to see what Cousins could do after RG3 was benched) and in 2014 we were able to act as spoiler at home against Philly, and had a home game against Dallas. This season? Arizona has very little chance to make the playoffs, and Denver and NYG are both terrible. This more feels like the first two wilderness years of Shanny in 2010-11 of just playing out the string.

4 minutes ago, LightningBuggs said:

Not only did I not finish the game, I didn't start it.

There's nothing enjoyable about watching this team anymore.  Why should I waste one of my 2 days off work every weekend on them?

Time to find something more fulfilling to do with that Sunday afternoon time.

Exactly. Can't finish what you don't start. Here in central Florida we're having beautiful weather. Mid 50's clear blue skies. After I got off work I checked the score, shook my head in disgust and went to enjoy the day.  It's saved my night from emotions of anger and disappointment and allowed me to be at peace. 

Archived