Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Cousins Play For The Skins In 2018

Veryoldschool

Will Cousins Be Back In 2018?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cousins play for the Skins in 2018?

• Yes, as part of a LTD.
    • Yes, on a tag for a year
    • No, the Skins tag him and manage to trade him
    • No, the Skins let Cousins walk and he signs a LTD with another team

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:02 PM

The sign and trade thing for Cousins is REALLY hard to do.  Not impossible.  Franchising him and then trading him is also REALLY hard to do because the receiving team would take the $34 million dollar contract.  That's tough.

I've said it before.  If you don't think he's worth a top 5 contract, you let him walk, because that's what he's going to get.  

If you do think he's worth that, then you offer it to him.  If he takes it, great.  If not, you let him walk.  You do not tag him.  There is NOTHING good that can come out of tagging him.

It's unicorns and snowflakes thinking that you're going to get anything for him in this situation.  It's not going to happen.  Either they sign him to the richest deal in NFL history, or they just have to let him walk.  

Those should be the only 2 options.

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I agree, and I want them to sign Kirk anyway.  

But I also think they should get aggressive and spend the money they can to upgrade the roster. AND clearly they need to draft well.  

FWIW, if they let Kirk walk, I'm actually in favor of just blowing the whole thing up.  Going to a complete minimum of salary, trading away all picks, and doing what the Browns did. Clearly there are a few pieces that you want to take care of (J. Allen, Trent, Sherff, a few others), but I've really come to the conclusion that there's no point to going 8-8, 7-9 or 9-7.  If you're going to miss the playoffs, then you might as well stink it up, save money and get better (and more) draft picks.  So that you can honest-to-God make an effort to build a championship team.  Midling around doesn't help anybody.

Also, clearly, you have to have a FO that's capable of doing that.  We don't.  Because Bruce is a dummy.  

My take is you need a QB, you need draft picks.  Then FA can complement it all.  

That article's point wasn't you don't need a QB anymore.  That actually double down that you do need a QB.  Jacksonville is arguably the exception to the rule but even in their case, the FA spree was preceded with high draft picks like Ramsey, etc working out.  Bortles is a high draft pick at QB but I think he will ultimately do them in on this playoff run -- will see. 

My point in the context of all of this is I don't subscribe to starting all over at QB and just bask off of the extra cap room that you can use on a FA spree.  And I hate even more giving up draft picks.

And yeah I agree if you are going to let Kirk go -- blow it all up.   However, I don't think Dan has the patience for that.  So if they let Kirk go I suspect Plan B is going to be something else than that.

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

If a team pays a QB a record breaking contract to come to them you can bet your ass they're expecting him to be leading them to the playoffs and eventually SB regardless of whether they have a good defense or a top notch true #1 WR. There are going to be massive expectations for him if he goes to some team that breaks the bank for him. He's going to be seen as the savior who's going take them to the promised land, whether it's fair or not. That's going to be a ton of pressure. You think fans here have turned on Kirk before? Wonder what happens if he goes somewhere else for a king's ransom and doesn't perform very well.

Today's "record breaking contract" is the following year's "good deal: and the year after that is a "bargain."  Since when has Kirk let the pressure of a contract get to him?  He's bet on himself two years straight and it didn't affect his play.  In fact, he actually improved in many areas.  Actually, I think he would be an even better leader.  Because he would be "the guy" for a change.  And - I take him at his word.  He said that if he felt like his contract was holding the team back from winning a SB he'd take a pay cut. 

The Jags have a great defense and a good running game.  But do you really believe they're going to win a Super Bowl with Bortles? Everybody knows that you need a competent QB.  A QB who is at least ranked 1 - 15. 

Even if we got an elite QB like Aaron Rodgers you're not guaranteed multiple Super Bowl wins.  For all the talk about how good he is Green bay only has one SB with him as QB to show for it.  (TB has Belichick who is the modern day Gibbs and he has a wife who is filthy rich so he's an outlier). 

30 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Wait, how is there no downside to going to a team that has been 1-31 over the last two years? He said basically said he wants to be with a winning team right? The Browns are the antithesis of a winning team. He'd be gambling that a team that has been dreadful as long as anyone can remember and EXTRA dreadful the last couple of seasons will be able to hit on a bunch of draft picks (which they've failed to do in years past) and suddenly catapult into a winning organization. Yes, the Browns do have some decent talent on their team, but they have had decent talent on their team in years past and they've still sucked.

Because Manziel.  Because RG III.  Because Kessler.  Because Hogan.  Because Kizer.    I wonder how much of the NFL game you watch aside from the Redskins.  QB play is absolutely critical for a team to remain competitive week to week (Jags will be exposed soon).  Watch the Eagles without Wentz.  That offense is not nearly the same. 

32 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The sign and trade thing for Cousins is REALLY hard to do.  Not impossible.  Franchising him and then trading him is also REALLY hard to do because the receiving team would take the $34 million dollar contract.  That's tough.

I agree its likely tough.  But I agree with Laconfora's point the other day -- if the Redskins let him walk for a 3rd round 2019 pick -- it will be up there with all of the Browns dysfunction in recent years.

If they don't want to sign Kirk or they can't, the only way IMO they save face here is if they figure out how to leverage teams the Browns-Denver-Jets to a trade. 

The Eagles basically fleeced the Vikings for Bradford and traded up to get Wentz without losing a step as for draft capital.  They played it expertly.   For us to get a ham sandwich for Cousins and in the process let some other team have their cake and eat it, too -- by keeping their high draft AND adding a franchise QB -- that will likely go down as one of the epic FO failures in NFL history.  

I understand the tag and trade is a weird way to do business.  You need a team to accept both the tag money and be willing to give up a pick and be confident that they can do a long term deal.  Maybe its not doable.  But I'd explore it.

My preference by a mile to sign Kirk.  But letting him go for basically nothing, just makes the whole thing come off to me 10 times worse.  

35 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

FWIW, if they let Kirk walk, I'm actually in favor of just blowing the whole thing up.  Going to a complete minimum of salary, trading away all picks, and doing what the Browns did. Clearly there are a few pieces that you want to take care of (J. Allen, Trent, Sherff, a few others), but I've really come to the conclusion that there's no point to going 8-8, 7-9 or 9-7.  If you're going to miss the playoffs, then you might as well stink it up, save money and get better (and more) draft picks.  So that you can honest-to-God make an effort to build a championship team.  Midling around doesn't help anybody.

Also, clearly, you have to have a FO that's capable of doing that.  We don't.  Because Bruce is a dummy.  

Agreed, I'd set the team up to draft Jake Fromm.  Kid is impressive as hell for a true freshman.  He was making some impressive NFL throws until Saban unleashed hell.  Just keep Bruce distracted with an unlimited shopping spree at the local good will store. 

27 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Agreed, I'd set the team up to draft Jake Fromm.  Kid is impressive as hell for a true freshman.  He was making some impressive NFL throws until Saban unleashed hell.  Just keep Bruce distracted with an unlimited shopping spree at the local good will store. 

Why on earth would we "blow the whole thing up". The goal should be to continue to build a strong team, so that when we add a QB, he has an opportunity to succeed. I'd much rather be Houston adding Watson than the Bears adding Trubisky. Look at the Vikings. When Bridgewater got hurt, they didn't say screw it, and blow the whole thing up. They continued to build an impressive roster and when they got solid QB play they were able to compete at a high level.

Losing Kirk would suck. But the fact remains, that may become reality. That doesn't mean we have no chance to compete in the near future.

24 minutes ago, Tay said:

Why on earth would we "blow the whole thing up". The goal should be to continue to build a strong team, so that when we add a QB, he has an opportunity to succeed. I'd much rather be Houston adding Watson than the Bears adding Trubisky. Look at the Vikings. When Bridgewater got hurt, they didn't say screw it, and blow the whole thing up. They continued to build an impressive roster and when they got solid QB play they were able to compete at a high level.

Losing Kirk would suck. But the fact remains, that may become reality. That doesn't mean we have no chance to compete in the near future.

You would blow it up for two reasons:

1) The options for the position if Kirk leaves this year are grim.  As far as skills players on offense who is there that is a must keep, can't lose player?  Receivers suck.  Tight ends can't block.  Reed can't stay healthy.  Sprinkle is a good blocker but as a receiver he won't scare anybody.  Kelley, Perrine, etc are all average to below average.  Thompson is good but at his size injuries are an issue.  On defense Norman is already making noise about getting out of town.  There's no depth on the D-line, LB position is in flux with injury and a lack of speed (except for ZB), and the team can never seem to get two safeties playing consistently without injury or bad performance. Special teams is garbage.  Now, just imagine what kind of QB the team will need to uplift the team beyond an 8 - 8 record.  Colt is not that guy. 

2) By the time you find a QB you can pretty much say good bye to Trent, Reed, Davis, Thompson, Kerrigan, maybe Moses, Norman (he already seems to have slowed down), and most likely ZB (if we sign him).  So, what are you building on?  Scherff, Roullier, Allen, Ionaides, Fuller, Swearinger, and maybe our punter and kicker. 

The reality for the next few years without a top 10 - 15 QB is going to be dismal. 

There is nothing wrong with using FA to build your team. The problem is when you do it like the Redskins have historically - overpay significantly for average players because they wouldn't sign here otherwise. 

I think Green Bay's front office is overrated. They've wasted the prime of possibly the best QB ever by refusing to sign anyone or make trades. The point is to win the Super Bowl, not to be $40M under the cap. Meanwhile the Patriots do smart things like adding Randy Moss for a 4th round pick. Has Rodgers had anything close to that? Their RBs are trash. Their star WR is white for god's sake and look what happens to his production when Rodgers is out. 

If we lose Cousins the best choice might not to be replace him this year. As painful as it sounds, we should draft BPA and take our lumps. 

Don’t go nuts to grab a QB in free agency. Again, if you can get one you really like great, but if not, there’s nothing magical about 2018. 

Don’t reach in the draft. If the BOA is a QB snag him, if not grab that lineman, rb, etc. 

If they have to live with Colt for a year, but we solve a few starting positions and add depth at others— we can mulligan 2018. If that approach nets a really high draft pick in 2019 to fit into a better team... good. 

If Cousins walks the best choice may not be found in 2018 so why force it and screw ourselves for several years with someone so so. Build the team, suffer, scrap Allen for failing, and then be set for the best 2019 has to offer. 

It would be the funniest thing ever and totally representative of the dysfunction of the Snyder/Allen era to Tag Cousins for a third time and take up like 18% of the salary cap for one more year of Cousins.

I'd argue that Cousins is not the 8th best QB in the league:

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Wilson

5. Ryan

6. Rivers

7. Newton

8. Big Ben

And I'd even put Carson Wentz, and Derek Carr over Cousins when healthy.

But he is the rarest of finds an actual quality NFL starter who is going to be available in free agency. He might even be the best QB to ever hit free agency due to team incompetency (not counting Peyton Manning because of the neck thing and Andrew Luck being available with their pick). 

Can you imagine going back to 2012 and trying to explain to Rs fans that it was going to be Cousins not Griffin who was about to break the bank. 

Life is weird. 

If anyone hasn't heard the segment with Joe Banner on Al Ghaldi's show (I heard clips of it on BMitch's show) it is a great listen.  He's 100% positive that Cousins will be the highest paid QB after this off season regardless what team he's on. 

He also talks about how Cousins is probably changing the way NFL contracts are going to be handled in the future, and that contracts that include non-guaranteed years are probably going to go the way of the dodo bird, or at least should, because players agreeing to them aren't benefiting themselves at all.  And in reality, a player that signs a contract for 5 years, 3 guaranteed, when he could realistically get cut after year 3, has absolutely no benefit over having a 3 year contract fully guaranteed.  He thinks that is the way that it's going to go.

He also goes into how the highest paid players at any position are simply the best available at the current time, and with the CAP increases and the way the business works, that they are simply going to be paid more than the previously best available player at that position.  It's a great listen and anyone who thinks that Cousins shouldn't be the highest paid QB (which will probably make him the highest paid player in the NFL) because he's not the #1 QB in the league should listen to it because having that viewpoint is just flat out wrong and ignorant of how the market works.

4 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

You would blow it up for two reasons:

1) The options for the position if Kirk leaves this year are grim.  As far as skills players on offense who is there that is a must keep, can't lose player?  Receivers suck.  Tight ends can't block.  Reed can't stay healthy.  Sprinkle is a good blocker but as a receiver he won't scare anybody.  Kelley, Perrine, etc are all average to below average.  Thompson is good but at his size injuries are an issue.  On defense Norman is already making noise about getting out of town.  There's no depth on the D-line, LB position is in flux with injury and a lack of speed (except for ZB), and the team can never seem to get two safeties playing consistently without injury or bad performance. Special teams is garbage.  Now, just imagine what kind of QB the team will need to uplift the team beyond an 8 - 8 record.  Colt is not that guy. 

2) By the time you find a QB you can pretty much say good bye to Trent, Reed, Thompson, Kerrigan, maybe Moses, Norman (he already seems to have slowed down), and most likely ZB (if we sign him).  So, what are you building on?  Scherff, Roullier, Allen, Ionaides, Fuller, Swearinger, and maybe our punter and kicker. 

The reality for the next few years without a top 10 - 15 QB is going to be dismal. 

I'd have to disagree on a few points.

1. This is actually a QB rich off-season. There are 4-6 first round QB prospects in the upcoming draft (depending on who you ask). And there at least 4 veteran QBs who could be acquired and start for many teams ( 2 from the Vikings, Alex Smith, and 1 from the Bengals). Gruden's offence is attractive, so adding a veteran is not a hard sell.

2. The Redskins roster is not one of the strongest in the NFL, but it's not as dismal as your post makes it seem. We have a solid O-line, an elite TE when healthy and a very good backup, a very good 3rd down back, a solid slot receiver and a young WR with solid potential. On defense, we have young talent at DT, we have 3 good pass rushers at OLB, and very good CB depth. No reason to start over. We must continue to build. Starting over gains nothing, unless we have certain bad contracts.

Keim said that he has consistently rated Cousins in the top 10-15 range. I would concur with that assessment. I do hope, as everyone here, that they sort this thing out soon, so the coaching staff will know how to plan and proceed in FA and for the draft. The "Oh I'll wait til March to see what's out there" approach by Cousins really rubs me the wrong way. I'm no big fan of Jason Reid, but maybe he was right that Cousins decided 2 years ago that he was going to play on the tag, cash in, and then get the heck outta dodge.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I know that you listen to 980,so you might have heard this.  I think it was a segment on Bram's show (I might be wrong) they were talking about how because of the cap increases, the whole "build through the draft" thing is becoming a little dated. I think there was a guest for this segment.  My memory is sketchy. 

They brought up that Denver bought a team, won the SB.  And quite frankly, if they had just done SLIGHTLY better at QB, they would be contending for another before they have to blow the whole thing up.  

Jax has been one of the biggest spenders in FA the last 2 years.  They hit on their FAs, and have one of the absolutely most dominant defenses in the league. And if Bortles wasn't a talent-less ass clown, they might be good enough to win the SB.  

2 years ago, the Giants bought a pretty good defense.  The team stunk this year, but a lot of that was the fact they lost every starting WR they had.  (Which, btw, brought their WRs corps down to about the talent level of ours)  

I'm not suggesting that you toss the draft away as unnecessary, but I think it's important to note that teams who are smart in FA, and willing to spend on the right things can do much more to improve themselves in FA now than they ever have been able to.

The Browns have $115 million of cap space available.  They could, in theory, have 15 new starters on opening day, plus they have 4 or 5 picks in the first 32.  

The times are changing a little bit.  The draft is still very important, but with the rate the cap is increasing, FOR NOW FA is a much more viable method to build teams than it has been in the past.  This is a bubble that will burst, but you need to take advantage of it while you can.  In my opinion.  

I think this is interesting stuff.  My theory is to always go against the grain, because if you are doing what everyone else is doing, then there is too much competition and you will lose

In your example, maybe smart teams like Jax realized that free agency was being undervalued by teams focused entirely on the draft.  Just like 15 years earlier some teams realized that the draft was most important while most teams tried to build in free agency

It comes down to finding inefficiencies and exploiting them

For instance, in my own opinion, i think there currently a huge inefficiency in the nfl when it comes to the passing game.  I might look at building a team with huge olineman that fell in the draft because they arent great pass blockers, but are absolute beasts in the run game.  Pair that with a high round running back and a stable of backups.... i bet you could win 10 games by just absolutely pulverizing teams in the run game.  Spend all your cap money and draft capital on defense.  

But nobody is doing that, everyone is fighting over LTs, WRs, and QBs

I seem to always be pointing stuff like this out, and people tend to ignore it, but anyway- the team needs to use cap space to sign draft picks, tender Restricted Free Agents, fill out the Practice Squad, fill the final couple of roster spots, replace players put on IR and save a few million for in-season emergencies. If we, as was posted above, have 55 mil in cap space after the Dunbar signing (and that's honestly the first time I've heard it's a number that big), then you can probably consider that to be around 40 to sign FAs with. If we could indeed sign Cousins, Brown and a #1 WR for that amount, then we certainly don't have more money "to play with" beyond it.

It should also be noted that this would also mean (and I'm not necessarily saying this is the wrong thing to do, but it should be pointed out at least) letting Breeland, Foster, Long, Grant, Taylor, Galette, Murphy, Bergstrom, Paul, Lauvao, Compton and Quick go.

4 hours ago, zoony said:

Speaking of Kamara, i would take every UT player who played under that grade a dip**** butch jones.

John Kelly is entering the draft this year.  A lot of guys liked him better than kamara.  Nobody has heard of him because butch jones is a ****tard

But i digress, cousins is leaving.  I entered the offseason 60 dtay 40 leave, but now im 5 stay 95 leave

I’ve watched both play at Tennessee and Kelly is not close to Kamara in my opinion. Just doesn’t have the same skill set, but he  is a very good back. Not sure if Kelly will be successful in the  NFL I pretty was pretty sure Kamara would be. As far as Kirk, I hope it doesn’t get prolonged,lots of decisions to be made.

17 minutes ago, Tay said:

I'd have to disagree on a few points.

1. This is actually a QB rich off-season. There are 4-6 first round QB prospects in the upcoming draft (depending on who you ask). And there at least 4 veteran QBs who could be acquired and start for many teams ( 2 from the Vikings, Alex Smith, and 1 from the Bengals). Gruden's offence is attractive, so adding a veteran is not a hard sell.

As far as the draft the Redskins are sitting at 13.  Do you understand the kind of future draft capitol the team would have to give up to move into the top 5?  Going from 6 to 2 cost the team three firsts (one was a swap) and a high second.  That screwed the team in the long run as the defense could never catch up to the offense without a good influx of talent.  Who is the can't miss, bet your house on it QB in this draft?  Darnold?  I'd puke in my mouth!  USC QB's are trash in the NFL when they have to play against the same talent level (Sanchez, Leinart, Barkley, etc).  Mayfield doesn't have the arm strength nor the height to play in the pocket and you can't make a living as a running QB in the NFL; not at his size.  Rosen?  Another over rated pac 12 QB who no one has seen play well vs a good defense.  I like Lamar Jackson but in the NFL I fear he will be RG III 2.0.  Josh Allen is about the only player who seems like he may have potential but he needs 3 years to develop.

As for FA'S, you're not getting an Alex Smith for less than $20M a year.  Kirk is better.  Bridgewater and Bradford are damaged goods; can't count on either of them to finish the year.  McCarron played for Alabama.  You know how many good QBs Alabama has sent to the NFL?  None.  Besides, he would require a trade to get him and is he even worth it? And btw, he's played exactly 10 games.  So, what does anybody know about him?

18 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

As far as the draft the Redskins are sitting at 13.  Do you understand the kind of future draft capitol the team would have to give up to move into the top 5?  Going from 6 to 2 cost the team three firsts (one was a swap) and a high second.  That screwed the team in the long run as the defense could never catch up to the offense without a good influx of talent.  Who is the can't miss, bet your house on it QB in this draft?  Darnold?  I'd puke in my mouth!  USC QB's are trash in the NFL when they have to play against the same talent level (Sanchez, Leinart, Barkley, etc).  Mayfield doesn't have the arm strength nor the height to play in the pocket and you can't make a living as a running QB in the NFL; not at his size.  Rosen?  Another over rated pac 12 QB who no one has seen play well vs a good defense.  I like Lamar Jackson but in the NFL I fear he will be RG III 2.0.  Josh Allen is about the only player who seems like he may have potential but he needs 3 years to develop.

As for FA'S, you're not getting an Alex Smith for less than $20M a year.  Kirk is better.  Bridgewater and Bradford are damaged goods; can't count on either of them to finish the year.  McCarron played for Alabama.  You know how many good QBs Alabama has sent to the NFL?  None.  Besides, he would require a trade to get him and is he even worth it? And btw, he's played exactly 10 games.  So, what does anybody know about him?

I wouldn't bet the house on any of their success, just as I wouldn't bet the house that any of them would be bust.

But I would attempt to bring in a rookie if the draft falls in a way where it makes sense to add one, and trust Jay's ability to get the most out of his QB play. He is establishing a pretty strong track record in that regard.

You're entitled to your own evaluation of those QBs, but that doesn't mean it's gospel. These QB's are rated highly by many scouts (including Scot, who many in here trust as an evaluator) for a reason. They have talent. Their success will depend on many factors. But not because they play for USC or in the PAC 12, or is shorter than you'd prefer.

I think the other elephant in the room is the fear of Kirk signing a LTD to stay here for his entire career, and it still not making much of a difference for the team W/L-wise.   Besides Brady, Brees, Rodgers, & Big Ben......how many other QB's in the NFL offer their team a baseline of 9 wins regardless of the roster?  This isn't the NBA where Lebron alone gets a team to the Eastern Conference Championship on his own just because he is that good.   In the NFL even the cream of the crop QB's only can carry a team so much.   

I am sure to a certain percent of the fanbase, they are nervous that even with Kirk locked up for a lot of money, and even if he performs anywhere from good enough to great, it isn't going to matter, so they take the opposite viewpoint and figure why even pay him, try to build a different way.

2 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I seem to always be pointing stuff like this out, and people tend to ignore it, but anyway- the team needs to use cap space to sign draft picks, tender Restricted Free Agents, fill out the Practice Squad, fill the final couple of roster spots, replace players put on IR and save a few million for in-season emergencies. If we, as was posted above, have 55 mil in cap space after the Dunbar signing (and that's honestly the first time I've heard it's a number that big), then you can probably consider that to be around 40 to sign FAs with. If we could indeed sign Cousins, Brown and a #1 WR for that amount, then we certainly don't have more money "to play with" beyond it.

It should also be noted that this would also mean (and I'm not necessarily saying this is the wrong thing to do, but it should be pointed out at least) letting Breeland, Foster, Long, Grant, Taylor, Galette, Murphy, Bergstrom, Paul, Lauvao, Compton and Quick go.

Not to nitpick, do the PS players count against the cap?  Personally, I've prepared myself for one ~5 mil FA receiver and resigning Long, Grant, Murphy and (of course) Brown and Cousins and having about 10mil left for rooks and an emergency pool.  Seems I might be slightly on the optimistic side of things.  Oh, and I was hoping to re-sign Foster too... and Hopkins.  Doh.  

Man, really wish we had some decent sized contracts we could (sensibly) get off the books.  Closest one is probably Hood, and that's not much dough.  

2 hours ago, ThomasRoane said:

.  Who is the can't miss, bet your house on it QB in this draft?  Darnold?  I'd puke in my mouth!  USC QB's are trash in the NFL when they have to play against the same talent level (Sanchez, Leinart, Barkley, etc).  Mayfield doesn't have the arm strength nor the height to play in the pocket and you can't make a living as a running QB in the NFL; not at his size.  Rosen?  Another over rated pac 12 QB who no one has seen play well vs a good defense.  I like Lamar Jackson but in the NFL I fear he will be RG III 2.0.  Josh Allen is about the only player who seems like he may have potential but he needs 3 years to develop.

The QB from Memphis Ferguson seems to have a lot of pluses (mobile, good arm, 63% accuracy, throws well on roll outs) and will quite probably make it to round 2. So it would be possible to strengthen a weakness on the DL with Vea in rd 1, add Freguson on Day 2. Let Colt start and groom Fergy to be a Mid season starter.

2 hours ago, ThomasRoane said:

Ummm... Joe Namath played for Bear Bryant whom I pretty sure coached at Alabama.  He was pretty good

Archived