Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Burgold beat me by a second, but it's such a big deal if true its worth saying twice.  😀  Reading the article if Bruce is pushing coaches and we got changes coming to the FO I'd guess Bruce is going nowhere and they are just reshuffling the deck but who knows?

Shaw will be in heavy demand again in 2020, with his deep roots in the NFL and success in college coveted by several front offices. Washington head of football operations Bruce Allen is a big proponent of Shaw's, sources said, and both have ties to the Raiders organization. It seems doubtful Washington would be able to attract a candidate of this caliber to a position that has been brutal to every coach under Snyder, but Snyder has often aimed high, and that will not change in 2020.

Snyder's dream hire would be Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, as previously reported, but with Tomlin turning in a Coach of the Year-type performance under duress in Pittsburgh and with one year left on his deal, it may be quite difficult to put together a trade package that could land him. Shaw would qualify as another splash hire, one big enough to create a stir among a fan base that is ignoring home games in droves, and in the end rival executives believe Washington will have very little chance of landing someone with that sort of resume.

Allen's role in the organization remains of vital importance to coaching candidates, with the team's personnel and record failing under his leadership. Sources said Dan Snyder is beginning to understand the gravity of his situation and that major changes could be coming to the Skins front office this week.

I got some hope but also some level of skepticism.  Bruce means a lot to Dan.  He represents him at owners meetings, takes bullets for him with fans, keeps the FO open for his involvement below the radar when he feels like it, etc.  But to me the kicker is the nightly drinking sessions we've read about and the putt putt golf game -- Dan would be giving up a lot in his world to let Bruce go. 

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

Nor with danny boy, until then ... ;)

giphy.gif

Lots and lots of people came here for Danny Boy including Marty, Shanny, Gibbs, and Spurrier all of whom were huge gets. The Bruce gets Gruden are of a lower caliber. The coaching assistants they hired this offseason were definitely people who were not high in demand (though to be fair since everyone assumed Jay was a goner I don't know that you can lay that on Bruce. On the other, other hand, if you knew Jay was a goner and knew you couldn't recruit coaches with him as a lame duck that's a further strike against Bruce.)

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Lots and lots of people came here for Danny Boy including Marty, Shanny, Gibbs, and Spurrier all of whom were huge gets.

That was all a long time ago. Dan will need to bring in a credible outside leader and sell himself as being hands-off to attract anyone of that caliber, now. His toxicity is well-known today.

54 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Lots and lots of people came here for Danny Boy including Marty, Shanny, Gibbs, and Spurrier all of whom were huge gets. The Bruce gets Gruden are of a lower caliber. The coaching assistants they hired this offseason were definitely people who were not high in demand (though to be fair since everyone assumed Jay was a goner I don't know that you can lay that on Bruce. On the other, other hand, if you knew Jay was a goner and knew you couldn't recruit coaches with him as a lame duck that's a further strike against Bruce.)

I believe some of them came here for $$$ (Marty, Spurrier, Shanny) and because danny boy lied to them about letting them having control or full control.

About Marty : Snyder sells Schottenheimer on 'Skins

" Certain things, like Schottenheimer said he could never work for an owner like Daniel Snyder. In fact, when Snyder first fired Norv Turner, I asked Schottenheimer privately whether he would ever allow himself to be a candidate. Schottenheimer told me to not even consider it and to focus on other candidates. He later basically shared the same thoughts with our ESPN audiences on "NFL 2Night."

He "bought" Spurrier, making him the highest paid coach. Him and Shanny were supposed to have full control while danny boy never let them pick their QB and some FAs. Steve Spurrier reveals secret about his time with Redskins

30 minutes ago, FrFan said:

I believe some of them came here for $$$ (Marty, Spurrier, Shanny) and because danny boy lied to them about letting them having control or full control.

About Marty : Snyder sells Schottenheimer on 'Skins

" Certain things, like Schottenheimer said he could never work for an owner like Daniel Snyder. In fact, when Snyder first fired Norv Turner, I asked Schottenheimer privately whether he would ever allow himself to be a candidate. Schottenheimer told me to not even consider it and to focus on other candidates. He later basically shared the same thoughts with our ESPN audiences on "NFL 2Night."

He "bought" Spurrier, making him the highest paid coach. Him and Shanny were supposed to have full control while danny boy never let them pick their QB and some FAs. Steve Spurrier reveals secret about his time with Redskins

Sorry, there is enough to hate Snyder for to not pile on with complete horse ****.  If anyone believes that Spurrier had no say in QB's and that it was Snyder that brought in Danny Woeful and Shane Mattersnot, then they are either completely blinded with Snyder hate or ****ing morons. 

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Whatever. We’ll just end up with Bruceratto v3.

A lot of people will be excited if Bruce is fired.  But that is only part of the equation. Organization change at the top is needed. Synder needs to swallow his ego and hire a strong football mind that has full control of football decisions.  Just putting a yes man in that role will mean no change.  

Just now, Csup said:

A lot of people will be excited if Bruce is fired.  But that is only part of the equation. Organization change at the top is needed. Synder needs to swallow his ego and hire a strong football mind that has full control of football decisions.  Just putting a yes man in that role will mean no change.  

Totally agree. But, this concept, which is so easy for us to see and understand, totally has escaped this man for 20 years. Maybe....just maybe...the lightbulb will go off.

Archived