Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

So...rumor leaks that Snyder is considering getting rid of Allen...Trent Williams suddenly releases a statement that is completely damning to Allen and does not blame Snyder for anything...

So...anyone else think Snyder gave TW the go ahead to speak his mind against Allen? 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Sounds to me like Trent knows how to build this team up way better than Bruce Allen ever has.

Like 95% of every ES member :D

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

So...anyone else think Snyder gave TW the go ahead to speak his mind against Allen? 

Dunno, but in the article Trent said he hasn't talked to Dan for months, if not more. And he also felt sad about it because he like to talk with Dan.

So that's unlikely. But I sure would love for Trent to give Dan a call and give him some advice.

57 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Trent Williams = next team president. 

Not sure, Trent hardly played putt-putt his whole career. He's used to throw guys flying left and right... I don't see Dan playing some dwarf tossing kind of stuff...

j5fvtpo_61d44a4bf01acc86de67363b125a8159

I posted this elsewhere but it should go here, too.  Breer just now. 

Redskins have put out feelers for coaches.  They are getting serious push back on Bruce and the FO structure.  Dan is  starting to realize that the feeling about anyone coming here is effected by the Bruce tenure, what's happened the last 10 years, and some candidates don't want to be part of something like that.

Breer said it should be interesting to see how far is Dan willing to go to keep Bruce Allen.  Because whomever they poked around with -- Breer said some of whom likely will have multiple possibilities, Bruce looks like a deal breaker. 

2 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Should they really be looking for a HC or let a new GM look... or is this just an "exploratory" thing?

That's a good point.  Breer didn't say.  But he did say they have put out feelers (I presume with agents of coaches) as to coaches.  He didn't say which ones but he made it clear that they are already poking around.

I wonder who is doing it?  Maybe Schaffer?  Obviously Bruce wouldn't give Dan feedback about hey these coaches you might be interested in don't seem to think much of me. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

That's a good point.  Breer didn't say.  But he did say they have put out feelers (I presume with agents of coaches) as to coaches.  He didn't say which ones but he made it clear that they are already poking around.

I wonder who is doing it?  Maybe Schaffer?  Obviously Bruce wouldn't give Dan feedback about hey these coaches you might be interested in don't seem to think much of me. 

It could possibly be Schaffer. He's out of the "GM" loop enough that if he said "By the by, you know the team is looking for a new HC, right? Suppose it was spitballed la, bla, bla, bla, bla... "to someone just to see what people thought. They know he wouldn't be in the position to hire a Coach, so it could just be general conversation.

If the response was "No way in hell would I come there or know anyone else who wants to work under that clown," then I think Schaffer is someone with enough swag and bonafides even to Snyder to be able to say that and have Danny believe it.

8 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

It could possibly be Schaffer. He's out of the "GM" loop enough that if he said "By the by, you know the team is looking for a new HC, right? Suppose it was spitballed la, bla, bla, bla, bla... "to someone just to see what people thought. They know he wouldn't be in the position to hire a Coach, so it could just be general conversation.

If the response was "No way in hell would I come there or know anyone else who wants to work under that clown," then I think Schaffer is someone with enough swag and bonafides even to Snyder to be able to say that and have Danny believe it.

Yeah listening to that Breer segment it was wild how Bruce was front and center.  Adam Caplan more or less has been saying the same thing. 

They both more or less said Dan has to decide how much he loves Bruce or how much he loves the idea of hiring one of the sexier type HCs because its likely one or the other.

This all doubles down to me the importance of the GB game where Sheehan among others have suggested it might be Bruce's last gasp.  If Dan is getting the idea that people around the league don't love his boy then if he wants to keep him and also try to sell it to fans then they need to have a run to justify a Callahan-Bruce package.  Callahan and Bruce according to most are super close. 

Cowboys are flaming out now and I read one article where Aikman says Jerry Jones interferes with the coaching and does exactly what Snyder does.

Also,  Aikman says the real GM of the Cowboys is a guy who reports to Jerry Jones son who is like Allen their GM.   Both franchises failing because

we have fake General Managers and meddling owners.

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I posted this elsewhere but it should go here, too.  Breer just now. 

Redskins have put out feelers for coaches.  They are getting serious push back on Bruce and the FO structure.  Dan is  starting to realize that the feeling about anyone coming here is effected by the Bruce tenure, what's happened the last 10 years, and some candidates don't want to be part of something like that.

Breer said it should be interesting to see how far is Dan willing to go to keep Bruce Allen.  Because whomever they poked around with -- Breer said some of whom likely will have multiple possibilities, Bruce looks like a deal breaker. 

If that's true, then it's what we feared: Snyder wants to keep Allen and thinks a Big Splash coach will fix everything. If it keeps going like this, we'll wind up with Zorn Part Two.

13 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

If that's true, then it's what we feared: Snyder wants to keep Allen and thinks a Big Splash coach will fix everything. If it keeps going like this, we'll wind up with Zorn Part Two.

Sounds like he won't get his splashy coach with Bruce.  I got plenty of doubts he'd get one without Bruce, too.  But Laconfora nailed this awhile back it looks when he said it was bad enough to work there pre-Bruce.  But Bruce has taken it up to another level of yuck to work there and has made it an even more difficult hire. 

The Washington Redskins have begun the search for their next head coach and some candidates have concerns over the organizational structure, according to Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer.

In response to a question about team president Bruce Allen's job security, Breer told Grant & Danny the Redskins are receiving pushback from possible candidates for the team's vacant head coach position over the current structure of the organization.

"I actually think part of that's (Allen's job security) gonna be linked to the head coach search," Breer said on 106.7 The Fan Friday.

"The Redskins have already started the search, I know it hasn't been public, but they've actually already started reaching out to prospective candidates through go-betweens and everything else," Breer told Grant & Danny. "And my understanding is they've gotten some pushback on the current structure of the organization from some of those candidates."

...Breer goes on to say Allen's future will come down to a couple of factors: "1), just how much does the current structure of the organization limit them as far as what they're able to go and get as their next head coach and then, 2) how far does this have to go for Dan Snyder to move on from Bruce Allen?"

"My sense is that they've already gotten the feeling that the head coach search is going to be affected by the way that the building has operated for the last 10 years," Breer said.

Breer mentioned some of the "courtship" of college coaches by teams in the market or potentially in the market has already begun, including Michigan's Jim Harbaugh, Baylor's Matt Rhule, Oklahoma's Lincoln Riley, and Iowa State's Matt Campbell. 

"So most teams that are kind of planning to cast a wide net start to put feelers out to see if there's interest coming back the other way," Breer told The Fan. "And a lot of times in those cases teams can get feedback, not only on whether or not (a potential candidate) would be interested but the conditions in which certain candidates would be interested."

"And a coach might say, 'I might be interested in this, but I really don't like where the team is structurally,' or 'I don't wanna work with this guy,' or  'I need to bring my own GM,'" he added. "Those are the sort of things that come back when you're doing this sort of initial courtship of those sort of candidates. My understanding is that some of that has come back and I think that that's not unusual, I don't want to pin this all on Bruce.

"But certainly, my understanding is the Redskins have gotten some feedback from some guys who are going to be in a mix for multiple jobs where it's, 'If there's gonna be the structure (at Redskins Park) that it has been for the last 10 years going forward, then I'm not interested.'"

The question becomes: Will Snyder feel he is limited in which head coaches he could possibly hire by the current front office and make changes? Or will Snyder brush off any external pressure from candidates and go to a great length to keep Allen and the current structure in place?

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-receiving-pushback-during-coaching-search

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 4.01.39 PM.png

It's kinda sad to see the other fellow teams that are labeled dysfunctional, and feeling their level of dysfunction isn't even close to the same level of dysfunction as the skins.  It seems we are far and away the worst in sports.

I think the Knicks got a lot of votes for the fact they play in NYC and therefore have more fans.  I'm not much of an NBA guy, so I can't really speak to their situation, I just know they haven't been relevant in awhile.  I know the isaiah Thomas drama of years ago, but I'm not familiar with anything recently.

I don't see the cowboys as anywhere close to dysfunctional as us.  Sure, they are struggling right now, and their head coach needs to go, but once they get a better coach there, they are in pretty good shape with all that talent.  Jerry is a little over the top and he is prone to a bit of drama from time to time, but they have done a good job building that roster, and there isn't much drama in house there.  If just hiring a new coach solves the problem, that's more like pulling a weed.   

The Redskins issues go well beyond head coach, it's more like removing every ounce of soil out of that garden and starting over.   Their issues lie in personnel, front office, ethics, etc

And I think the dolphins are far from dysfunctional; they identified they needed to rebuild, and they are executing the plan by stockpiling quality draft picks.  In five years, they will probably be one of the most talented teams in the league.

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Washington Redskins have begun the search for their next head coach and some candidates have concerns over the organizational structure, according to Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer.

In response to a question about team president Bruce Allen's job security, Breer told Grant & Danny the Redskins are receiving pushback from possible candidates for the team's vacant head coach position over the current structure of the organization.

I hope "the organizational structure" includes danny boy

The Dan-Bruce BFF thing has to really run deep as for him being able to risk sales, maybe top coaching prospects, ridicule, etc.  If Russell is right and part of the problem with Dan is he realizes that when he canned Vinny he lost a close friend and is he willing to do so again?  At the very least Russell contends its part of the soup which is likely losing Bruce's friendship.

Maybe Dan can just create a new front office job and just call it pal or whatever euphemism he needs to use to make it look professional?  Bruce and Dan still get to play those putt putt golf games and they can still have those drinking sessions yet he hires a real personnel guy to run the team?  He can have his cake and eat, it too?  😀

Archived