Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

11 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

This could be a good idea for a new thread. Submit your sign ideas and lets pick a few to put up.

Here's my sign:

How to Screw Up a Franchise:

image.jpeg.6d50576d61eb8c0e0252b05d8cc3df2c.jpeg

Please Sell The Team Dan

Shouldn't he have a red circle and slash over the Redskins (A Redskin Buster)?

Aside from the hype of what's going on at the trade deadline and how many wins we should be getting, I'm really interested in how our front office is doing in terms of bringing in talent mid-season. This is a metric different from the draft and UDFAs in that these pickups are after something like injuries hit your team or another team and so you (they) are forced to make roster adjustments to keep an active roster. 

I think the best pickup we've had this year has been Noah Spence, a 25 year old edge rusher who already has one sack. We had lost Cassanova McKinzy to an injury and wound up cutting him and this has been a good move. 

I may be wrong but I think Treyvon Hester is getting some of Caleb Brantley's snaps and he too has a sack. 

Other guys we've picked up are 

- FB Michael Burton, 2 games (13%, 19%), no real stats

- TE Hale Hentges, 3 games (31%, 42%, 42%), 1 catch 13 yards

- TE Jerome Cunningham, 2 games (21%, 32%), no real stats

- CB Aaron Colvin (Has he seen any time yet?)

The main thing about this is that (somebody else pointed this out), but as much consideration as we give the draft and even UDFAs get their hype in the offseason, we also have brought in guys like Bibbs in 2017 who wound up being a big contributor in 2018 (and 2017) before getting cut for some unknown reason. But at the same time KC brought in Matt Moore who was out of the NFL and he looked good. Part of me says that this is a lot of just getting lucky, but if we're going to grade Bruce (and our FO), I think this should be an element of it. In the past (under Scot) we brought in guys like Foster who was able to make an impact.

From what Doc Walker says, this is Santos's department. I thought we were getting better in this area under Scot, and I understand the success rate being extremely low for these pickups (and I'll admit that I'm impressed that we're still going after young guys with talent over old guys), but I really feel like this is another area where we can improve. 

50 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

But at the same time KC brought in Matt Moore who was out of the NFL and he looked good. Part of me says that this is a lot of just getting lucky, but if we're going to grade Bruce (and our FO), I think this should be an element of it. In the past (under Scot) we brought in guys like Foster who was able to make an impact.

From what Doc Walker says, this is Santos's department. I thought we were getting better in this area under Scot, and I understand the success rate being extremely low for these pickups (and I'll admit that I'm impressed that we're still going after young guys with talent over old guys), but I really feel like this is another area where we can improve. 

Yeah, for all the flak Scot gets, and I think a lot of it is because people really have believed the FO's narrative on him; in 8 years Bruce has 1 winning season, and in 2 years Scot had 2.

Consistent results show who actually knows what they are doing, regardless of whether anyone can "figure it out" or not.

15 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

His friend worked with him and in order to get something to him or talk to him, even if he was standing in front of you, was to talk to the person next to him and have them relay the message. He would not address you or even look at you. You were not allowed to speak directly to him...

Seems like not much has changed... little Napoleon.

And that means that Dan Snyder would rather be a loser by proxy than the alternative of him getting full credit and doing things the correct way. Which must mean that he knows that his product is garbage.

Brewse takes the heat therefore Dan isn't the one losing. What a ****ing asshole.

Brewse even said that Dan didn't need to speak because he was speaking for him. Brewse is the shield. The shield from reality. Dan is banking all of your ticket and parking fees anyway.

Some of the most serious clowns actually spend all of their money with Redskins credit cards. :cheers:

Dan believes that the losing is being done by those below him, yet he's lost a full stadium of season ticket holders and can't get anybody to pay for his new stadium.

Keep it that way, please.

14 hours ago, Alexa said:

I think this is going too far. Leave his deceased father out of it. 

This is probably going too far and I generally agree with you on this.

Still when people are inconpetent and arrogant you don't have much choice than going too far to spark the light bulb in them. If going too far doesn't help, then you know it's hopeless and it's time to move on...

13 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

- TE Hale Hentges, 3 games (31%, 42%, 42%), 1 catch 13 yards

Just to update this, Hentges got this pass from Keenum. Sprinkle also had a pass but it was from Haskins. Not saying that means much but I was readins some scouting reports on Hentges and one quote was

"We know he’s not the most athletic guy, but he just finds a way to get open,” Colts offensive coordinator Nick Sirianni said as Indianapolis progressed through training camp. “He finds a way to get open, and even when he doesn’t find a way to get open, he catches the football, and that’s ultimately what a receiver and a tight end, when the ball is in the air, are judged upon.”

(from https://www.al.com/sports/2019/08/colts-finding-out-tight-end-hale-hentges-can-do-more-than-block.html)

I mean his profile is nothing to write home about (I think he was timed at a 4.85 40), but with his bread and butter being that he can block and with Cal's philosophy this year being run the ball, we may see Henrges get snaps over Sprinkle (Sprinkle played 77% of the snaps Thursday night so its not happening yet), or at least we may see him in at minimum a Logan Paulson type role if not better. The good thing about him is they say he can catch. Sprinkle hasn't let me down yet either so I don't want this to come as a knock for him, but with the loss of JP Holtz, I thought we had made a big mistake at TE with the loss of JP Holtz and Reed's concussion. I don't think he'll ever get to Reed's level, but this may be a good pickup compared to Holtz and Sprinkle. 

This is an analysis of Hentges's preseason: 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colts-hale-hentges-among-pff-s-top-rookies-of-preseason/ar-AAGgulj

Grade: 77.2

Offensive Snaps: 75

Hentges has not only obtained the highest grade among rookie tight ends with 50-plus snaps, but he has also participated in the fourth-most snaps among any tight end. The undrafted Alabama product lined up inline on 69.9% of his snaps and has seen eight targets which he has turned into seven receptions and an impressive 11.3 yards per reception average.

With Doyle, Eric Ebron and Mo Alie-Cox firmly leading the tight end room, it isn't clear yet if the Colts will keep four at the position to begin the season. If they don't, the story of Hentges-while inspiring-would be for nought.

However, if Hentges' solid performance this preseason continues, he could force the Colts to keep four tight ends. This could be especially true with Doyle and Ebron in the final years of their contract.

Hentges already had the pedigree of being a superb run blocker. He's shown that throughout training camp and the preseason games, but he's also flashed the ability to be a reliable target in the short passing game.

The Colts still have over a week to decide what they will do with their tight end room, but Hentges has been shining regardless.

Well the 4pm deadline has passed with no deals being made by the Prince of Darkness today.  Steve Czaban just said on his radio show:  "Bruce today,

Bruce tomorrow, and Bruce forever."  We did not win off the field today.  The culture remains toxic.  Not surprised no NFL teams wanted number 24 and his

big contract.

Ben Standing is reporting per 980 radio that an NFL team wanted Adrian Peterson and Skins made no deal.

Trent Williams has agreed to return to the team to preserve his NFL years of service today.

No NFL team wanted to trade for number 24 either.  His contract is so high that Allen could not unload him.

The Prince of Darkness must be exhausted after a long day at the office.

Time to focus on the Nats tonight.  Skins right now are a lost cause.

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

It's unbelievable that Allen still has a job..Everyone just needs to move on from this ****ty team until Snyder sells it.

Allen is a complete failure. With that said, Snyder is the real issue. Agree 100% and hope he sells the team.

Archived