Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jonathan Allen to miss rest of season

Unbias

Kerrigan, Scherff and Silverback are the only first rounders we have had this decade to survive their rookie season.

I know we missed a couple of drafts as a result of the RG3 trade, but we've had 6 first round picks and 3 of them have got hurt (albeit RG3 was in the playoffs not regular season) - and even worse they don't just get injured - they get monster injuries. RG3 blew his knee out, Doctson had some kind of season-ending leprosy or something, and now Jon with this. Brutal.

This sucks but we will find out how good our depth is in short order.  I am really more concerned about our kicking game now as that is a crucial component in winning games.  BTW, AJ Francis was signed to our practice squad. It is going to be an interesting ride.  Hail

http://nfltraderumors.co/redskins-sign-dl-j-francis-practice-squad/

This is most certainly very unfortunate,..damn..ya just...uggh ya wanna see what ya get with most especially your first round pick...excited,pumped..got a good feeling..and of course any other pick Ya make in the draft ur excited to see how they pan out(Chris Thompson)than something like this happens and it feels horrible..like a deflated balloon..before I go much further, hope all goes well for ya Allen..here's to the most important thing, a healthy recovery to ya!...

Now...I'll continue beating the drum saying Next Man Up!!..if it's a complete decline in the play of our d line and it shows than there's reason to be concerned..for the season..now does with him being ruled out for the season mean it's that severe and they know it will take an extensive amount of time to fully recover? Or is the team playing it safe by not taking the chance of flirting with disaster by rushing him back knowing he's out just for the near(ridiculous type of super man recovery)future?...welp here's to looking forward to seeing the next...hahh few men(forgot about Hopkins)stepping up and doing everything they absolutely can TO GET US THE GOD DAMN WIN IN PHILADELPHIA!!..and other games of course lol!!

3 hours ago, dswerdlw said:

Well, I'm almost right for once (ask my wife, and she will confirm that I'm never right).  We signed A.J. Francis to practice squad.  I wonder if that means we're calling up Brandon Banks to the 53 man roster.

maybe eventually.  Looking at the roster and injuries I think we sign a DB and just dress all our DL for the moment.  A couple weeks ago we only dressed four WR and I think that could be the way we go until the OL and DBs heal up some. 

4 hours ago, Burgold said:

I support shelving him. Hopefully, he comes back and they’re just being very conservative. Maybe this is the Strasberg treatment. 

Sucks he got hurt. Better not to take long term chances with his career. 

Just read surgery was today. Had 3 screws placed in foot, 3 month recovery. .  Same surgery Morgan Moses had they said.  Hope he recovers like Morgan. 

1 hour ago, Diehard Otis said:

Tough break for The Rook - but hopefully he'll be fine & we'll be fine. 

HUH?  WHAT? 

Oh ... you were talking about Allen. 

;)

I was so sorry to hear about that injury.  Speedy recovery JA.

:229:The Rook

9 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

1)  Moses was put on IR with the injury?  Thomas didn't come back that season, it's often six to eight weeks even without surgery.   I'll go with an NFL Orthopedic Surgeon: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281549/article/nfl-orthopedic-surgeon-lisfranc-foot-ailment-is-bizarre-injury

1b)  If you interpreted what I said as career-ending as opposed to season-ending, then I can see where we disagree.

2)  Totally agreed about Allen's work ethic.  He knows what it's like to drop more than a dozen spots simply due to the possibility of a shoulder injury, so I think he would work harder than most to get back as soon as possible.

I did read it as you were implying career ending. Thanks for clarifying. I agree season ending and I am really glad they are shutting him down instead of asking him or letting him try to play through it.

15 hours ago, dswerdlw said:

Well, I'm almost right for once (ask my wife, and she will confirm that I'm never right).  We signed A.J. Francis to practice squad.  I wonder if that means we're calling up Brandon Banks to the 53 man roster.

Brandon Banks weighs like 140, but if he can still run a 4.2 40 maybe he can just run around the whole OL. :ols:

In all seriousness, huge loss, him and Ioannidis were really gelling. Next man up. 

It always seems one unit gets hit hard with the injury bug.  For years the OL couldn't stay healthy.  Then we started losing WRs like flies.  

Now it seems as though it's almost the entire defense.  If Bree, Allen and Norman are all out, that's three of your 5 best players on defense out.  (Kerrigan and Swearinger being the other two).

thats a TOUGH blow to the defense.  

Archived