Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jonathan Allen to miss rest of season

Unbias

3 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

A couple reliable guys on Twitter (Schefter, Russell) are saying that he'll be designated for return, maybe Week 16 or 17.  Needs a screw in his foot.

Per Master Tesfatsion... No screw - it's a clean break that has been operated on already. Could be back for last game or two of the regular season, so quite possible he'll be on the field when we lift the Lombardi on February 4th :rofl89:

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes
FollowFollow @MasterTes
More

#Redskins Jonathan Allen (Lisfranc) had a clean break in his midfoot, per source. Fortunate development, could be out 8 weeks as a result.

6:43 PM - 19 Oct 2017

19 hours ago, skins2victory said:

Of coarse it's season ending! We are the Redskins, we don't get to catch breaks on this sort of thing. Lame!

They are saying now he could come back at the end of the season:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/10/19/following-successful-surgery-redskins-rookie-de-jonathan-allen-could-return-this-season/?utm_term=.92b923b4460c

8 weeks seems very optimistic for this injury.  Typically you have to stay off the foot for 6-8 weeks, then go into a walking boot for 6 weeks before you’re able to start rehab which can go for 3 months.  But I guess if there’s no screw it’s a much shorter timeframe.

8 hours ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

You don't play through Lisfrancs. They are serious destabilizing foot injures.

Not sure you understood my comment. I never said he should try to play it. I said he shouldn't. The point I was making is that they were all making the right decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

Having said that, just like all injuries, there are different levels of Lisfranc - per the orthopedic surgeons I have read.  But again, it was more about how they were handling it, not if he could or should play thought it.

12 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Not sure you understood my comment. I never said he should try to play it. I said he shouldn't. The point I was making is that they were all making the right decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

Having said that, just like all injuries, there are different levels of Lisfranc - per the orthopedic surgeons I have read.  But again, it was more about how they were handling it, not if he could or should play thought it.

My bad, misunderstood you.

As disappointing as this is, I think we are still well set on the DL. I will take a positive from it in that we have a few players who I'd really like to see get some reps under their belts this season. 

Should set us up with a real solid group moving forward, and whilst it will be good to keep adding to the group, at least we don't appear to need a total overhaul at the DL positions.

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

As disappointing as this is, I think we are still well set on the DL.

Before the season I never would have believed I would have read this line after Jonathan Allen goes down.. The M Brothers signed this offseason have performed as I had expected, in other words not much. But I never saw Matt Ioannidis turning into the player he has become, now that's the guy they can't afford to lose.  

Archived