Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

It’s ****ing crazy that cops are allowed to sit back and watch a slaughter of children happen and peoples mindset is I don’t blame them. I mean really? 

Courage isn't the absence of fear, it is the acceptance of it while doing what you gotta do anyway.  Firefighters aren't not afraid of fire, they jus know it comes with the territory and that "somebody's gotta do it" is them.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

What does that have to do with teachers? 

It's unrealistic to ask them to do something that requires combat training. Trying to solve the problem of elementary school shootings by asking teachers to do something that requires combat training is depraved. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Berggy9598 said:

It's unrealistic to ask them to do something that requires combat training. Trying to solve the problem of elementary school shootings by asking teachers to do something that requires combat training is depraved. 

Gotcha. I thought you were trying for something different. I agree. 

School systems won't even buy colored paper but they'll buy teacher's a Ruger? Ok then... 

I took ALICE training for my job and I definitely prefer having options to the standard shelter in place model. It's worth researching if you see these news stories and feel helpless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

It’s ****ing crazy that cops are allowed to sit back and watch a slaughter of children happen and peoples mindset is I don’t blame them. I mean really? 

Do you think it would have made a difference? It was 19 kids in one classroom.  He’s armed with a assault rifle. It didn’t take 45 minutes to kill 19 kids in one class room.

I don’t think busting in would have saved lives. Plus the cops couldn’t have known whether it was a hostage situation or a mass murderer. Going guns blazing more often than not probably makes the situation worse

• Thumb down 1

2 hours ago, Larry said:

You taking bets?  I'd like to put $20 on Option 2. 

2 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

I feel bad for all the Texans that don't want Abbott. I have family in Houston that are liberal and are absolutely sick and tired of this ****. 

Ok teachers, this timing is perfect, school is almost over. Say you're not coming back unless there is an actual federal gun law, you might be our only hope. Or let Texas fall in the ocean, sorry guys...**** Texas...

• Like 3

It means, as per usual, politicians are doing nothing more than paying lip service and sending "thoughts and prayers."  They never actually take any definitive concrete steps to implement change.

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

A Republican emphasizing mental health. 

Anybody ask him anything about mental health. Literally anything.

If he’s going to sell it as an option…. he should know what he’s peddling right?

• Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, Destino said:

What does do a better job with mental health mean?  Nothing.  It means nothing.

Yeah I honestly see very little difference between with Abbott said and what Herschel Walker said:

“What I like to — what I like to do is see it and everything and stuff”

Abbott's was slightly more coherent, but they both still mean precisely nothing.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Do you think it would have made a difference? It was 19 kids in one classroom.  He’s armed with a assault rifle. It didn’t take 45 minutes to kill 19 kids in one class room.

He didn’t kill every kid in that classroom. There was atleast one survivor. So yes, I think its pretty ****ing obvious it would have made a difference. 

58 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t think busting in would have saved lives. Plus the cops couldn’t have known whether it was a hostage situation or a mass murderer. Going guns blazing more often than not probably makes the situation worse

You don’t think they knew he was killing people in there? I think you are reaching and it’s ugly. They should have been in that school.

5 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

From someone who knew the a**hole

"He would try to pick on people and fail, and it would aggravate him" and "He hurt animals" sounds much less like a bullied loner and much more like a psychopath.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

My daughter's working toward a teaching degree and has been in tears over this, second guessing her decisions. How many other teachers out there already working are doing the same thing? Tens of thousands, I'm sure...

I wouldn't blame those close to retirement just throwing in the towel.  Those in training thinking they've made a mistake and those already working saying I still have time to make a career change..

If the last 2 years have taught us anything or confirmed what we already knew, it's the abysmal level of education in this country!  It's all too frustrating...

This country is circling the bowl!

Edited by FuriousD
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You don’t think they knew he was killing people in there? I think you are reaching and it’s ugly. They should have been in that school.

It depends. If he went in there with the intent to kill (and he did) it is likely all the students were already dead so I don’t see what rushing into the classroom solves.

But I do understand where you are coming from. I just think you are choosing the wrong place to put blame.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It depends. If he went in there with the intent to kill (and he did) it is likely all the students were already dead so I don’t see what rushing into the classroom solves.

You just gonna ignore the fact that they were not all dead? What you say makes sense to you, but it’s not what happened? You continuing to argue that it could have is just asinine.