Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

27 minutes ago, China said:

It means, as per usual, politicians are doing nothing more than paying lip service and sending "thoughts and prayers."  They never actually take any definitive concrete steps to implement change.

I’m growing progressively more annoyed that churches have yet to point out that this is a violation of the 3rd commandment.  Using prayers and God’s name as cover for doing nothing, is using the lords name in vain.  You guys reading this may not know that but I promise you those religious leaders out there do. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

You just gonna ignore the fact that they were not all dead? What you say makes sense to you, but it’s not what happened? You continuing to argue that it could have is just asinine. 

We need more details. It doesn’t take 45 minutes to shoot people so I don’t think the fact that some survived is particularly damming.

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

We need more details. It doesn’t take 45 minutes to shoot people so I don’t think the fact that some survived is particularly damming.

I heard that some of the surviving children were hidden beneath the dead bodies of their teachers.  Haven’t been able to verify it yet, but the Latino community is talking and that has been said.  Could be bull****.  

How do you even begin to help one of those little survivors.  What happened in that room would haunt a seasoned professional soldier or investigator that walks through hell for a living.  How does a 9 year old carry that?  Some poor parents out there are having to talk their kids through this, right now, and I can’t imagine how they’re doing it.  My heart breaks just thinking about it.  

• Like 4

I'm getting to a point I want to back off until everyone gets their facts straight in what happened and when. 

Because this update is pissing me off to point I'm probably better off logging off right now:

Gunman ‘not confronted’ as he entered school, law official says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/05/26/texas-school-shooting-uvalde-victims-live-updates/

A regional director with the Texas Department of Public Safety, Victor Escalon Jr., said at a news conference Thursday that the shooter was “not confronted by anybody” as he entered the elementary school in Uvalde, contradicting earlier reports. He said officers arrived on the scene four minutes after the shooter entered the building and that the gunman was killed approximately an hour after arriving at the campus.

Parents have criticized police in the aftermath, saying they were unprepared and acted too slowly. A video, posted to a parent’s Facebook account and reviewed by The Washington Post, shows that families waiting outside Robb Elementary School were frustrated by the police response and wanted to attempt to enter the building themselves.

• Like 1

Wait what? How does no one know who confronted the shooter and when?  Yesterday we heard that he was confronted by a school resource officer and border patrol, and now we hear none of that happened at all? Clowns and a circus.

I'm mentally preparing myself for the investigation into the delayed police response being attributed to racism in the police force given they knew the school was predominantly Hispanic. 

sad-pain.gif.97fd4b5a336cb77bc8cda9170520a9d2.gif

*leaving to go hug my kids again...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Wait what? How does no one know who confronted the shooter and when?  Yesterday we heard that he was confronted by a school resource officer and border patrol, and now we hear none of that happened at all? Clowns and a circus.

48 hours later and the details changing again makes me feel like someone is trying or tried to cover for their incompetence 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm mentally preparing myself for the investigation into the delayed police response being attributed to racism in the police force given they knew the school was predominantly Hispanic. 

I hate to admit that I’m in the same place but would you really be surprised if in a year we get some leaked texts between the cops saying some extra racist ****? I wouldn’t. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Oh please.  There is enough real racism in the world without the need to conger up ridiculous scenarios.  The Uvalde Chief of Police is a Hispanic named Daniel Rodriguez.  I woulld venture that at least 80 percent of the sworn officers are Hispanic. Officers had children in that school. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

32 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Oh please.  There is enough real racism in the world without the need to conger up ridiculous scenarios.  The Uvalde Chief of Police is a Hispanic named Daniel Rodriguez.  I woulld venture that at least 80 percent of the sworn officers are Hispanic. Officers had children in that school. 

Not conjuring anything, police forces are typically not a proportionate representation of the population they are sworn to protect when it comes to minority communities.

I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised and of course hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Renegade7

13 hours ago, Llevron said:

So the cops where there during the shooting, couldn’t get through a locked door and then just considered him contained as he unloaded on a classroom and everyone in it. 

COOL COOL COOL 

Yo they were there for 40 minutes just ducking around while one girl died calling 911….They even got one guy to the ground who was determined to go in and stop it himself. What the **** 

Shoot the lock?  If I were the parents; I would be suing for the poor response. Maybe fewer people would’ve died.

I know hearing the lock shot may have triggered the gunman but you do it anyway.

9 minutes ago, visionary said:

I think a lot of people are referring to this?

Thanks- to me it sounded like a statement of people trying to get in and not that they actually did.  He referenced families as well in that statement with police.

3 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Thanks- to me it sounded like a statement of people trying to get in and not that they actually did.  He referenced families as well in that statement with police.

Yeah, that's how it sounded to me.  But he also didn't exactly say she was wrong, which makes me a little suspicious that he might have been deflecting.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

As a teacher myself, I cried like a baby I am man enough to admit when I saw the news about Uvalde. I myself would give my life for my students in a heart beat. Somrthing has to change and change ASAP. Time for these politicians to stop ****footing around.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, tshile said:

Um. That sounds like bull****. 

i mean I’ll accept a link to a legit site saying it. But that just sounds like bull****. 

Hang on I just watched a video of a cop saying it himself. It will take me a sec to find 

https://streamable.com/7cej2m

you will probably have to click to follow the link to the video it’s the only one I found and that was by happenstance 

Edited by Llevron
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Yea, once the investigation is complete, then we'll have full answers on that.  He didn't say they got in and got their kids, but some tried. 

I'll be honest, I don't like the sound of that either, it comes across like who was in charge of that from a police stand point was frustrating even his own officers. Total mess, but more speculation then facts.

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

Yeah, that's how it sounded to me.  But he also didn't exactly say she was wrong, which makes me a little suspicious that he might have been deflecting.

Couldn't agree more, especially with a redirect to the "brave men and women"...

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yea, once the investigation is complete, then we'll have full answers on that.  He didn't say they got in and got their kids, but some tried. 

I'll be honest, I don't like the sound of that either, it comes across like who was in charge of that from a police stand point was frustrating even his own officers. Total mess, but more speculation then facts.

Right, I think everyone there tried but were held back.  Which also could explain the possible delays but they need to have **** figured out ahead of time as to who handles perimeters vs tactical which it seems like they weren’t prepared for that at all.

also, this article and the responses just push false narratives and doesn’t help at all.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-texas-police-spox-on-live-tv-confirmed-cops-went-in-for-their-own-kids-during-uvalde-shooting/

Nothing was confirmed that they actually did and you have numerous verified Twitter accounts stating that police went in and pulled their own children without actually comprehending the full sentence and transcript.

Edited by steve09ru
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, steve09ru said:

Right, I think everyone there tried but were held back.  

also, this article and the responses just push false narratives and doesn’t help at all.

Nothing was confirmed that they actually did and you have numerous verified Twitter accounts stating that police went in and Terri es their own children without actually hearing the full sentence and transcript.

I mean even if you hear that guy say that it almost sounds like he says that’s what happened. It’s hard to be up in arms about people thinking it did with him saying it the way he did honestly. 

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I mean even if you hear that guy say that it almost sounds like he says that’s what happened. It’s hard to be up in arms about people thinking it did with him saying it the way he did honestly. 

I think there’s a difference between ‘confirmation’ and suggestion vs questioning if people were actually successful.  That’s a big issue now a days with reporters and the media and social networks as a whole.  No one waits for confirmations and jumps to conclusions on their own and attempts to spread is as fact

• Like 1