Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

I’m not going to say I feel sorry for him, but I understand the intent of saying that. 

the bottom line is that bullying is unacceptable and and there’s a wide range of consequences. Sometimes it causes eating disorders, or suicide. Sometimes it causes a massacre. 

It’s a learned behavior. Kids are capable of understanding this at a young age and not bullying people. But then they grow older and learn it and find themselves in those situations. 

it’d probably help if it didn’t seem like every adult is itching to bully someone around (politics - both in media and in person)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I read about it last night on CNN he was confronted outside first and somehow still made it in - not sure why you are just reading about this. 

I said the same in my earlier post about the friend. He was ****ing stupid and will now live with he could of in fact prevented death of innocent kids. 

Because I'd not seen it described that way.  They "confronted" him but didn't fire any shots and didn't slow him down at all.  

There is a video I saw earlier, very poor quality, of him walking around.  It looks like he had unfettered access and no one tried to really stop him.  

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Yea...dude jus turns 18, no job that I've seen so far, and immediately maxes out a possible brand new credit card on rifles and ammo and nobody says anything?  I'd like to hear more about how he got the money, because that possible scenario is also disturbing (I have no evidence this is what happened).

He had some sort of job at Wendy's because there was reports that he was texting weird stuff to girls he worked with at Wendy's.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Keeping all exterior doors locked is what schools are already doing, and it’s smart, but it’s a place of business filled with children.  Door get left open, or even propped open, as people and supplies stream in and out of the buildings. Schools will never be bunkers. 

The path forward is strict gun control with heavy requirements for getting and keeping a gun.  Ted knows this, he’s a very smart man.  He’s also a coward and a ghoul that’s sold out to gun companies.  He knows that what he’s suggesting won’t work, he knows more kids will die, and he’s ok with that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Because I'd not seen it described that way.  They "confronted" him but didn't fire any shots and didn't slow him down at all.  

There is a video I saw earlier, very poor quality, of him walking around.  It looks like he had unfettered access and no one tried to really stop him.  

Yeah that was my point. What kind of confront was it that they allowed him to enter. Did they get scared of the guns he was carrying compared to them. I am sure we will know more, hopefully.

6 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Yeah that was my point. What kind of confront was it that they allowed him to enter. Did they get scared of the guns he was carrying compared to them. I am sure we will know more, hopefully.

Sounds like the first person to engage was outgunned and wounded, tried to stop him and couldn't:

A school district police officer “engaged” the gunman outside the school and was wounded, officials said. Ramos then entered and barricaded himself inside the 4th-grade classroom where he killed 21 people, they said.

Biden says Second Amendment ‘not absolute’ as more details of school shooting emerge

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/05/25/texas-school-shooting-uvalde-victims-live-updates/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I’m not going to say I feel sorry for him, but I understand the intent of saying that. 

the bottom line is that bullying is unacceptable and and there’s a wide range of consequences. Sometimes it causes eating disorders, or suicide. Sometimes it causes a massacre. 

It’s a learned behavior. Kids are capable of understanding this at a young age and not bullying people. But then they grow older and learn it and find themselves in those situations. 

it’d probably help if it didn’t seem like every adult is itching to bully someone around (politics - both in media and in person)

I think this is where the difference between empathy and sympathy comes into play. I can empathize with how he must have felt after being bullied for so long and with such a ****ty home life. But that certainly doesn't mean I sympathize with him choosing to respond to it by murdering children.

Rep. Ronny Jackson: It’s ‘Unfortunate’ Guns Are Being Blamed For Violence When Video Games and Rap Are the Real Cause [VIDEO]

Dr. Ronny Jackson was a White House physician to both Barack Obama and Donald Trump. He seemed to take a shine to Trump, though, bragging that the clearly unhealthy man, “could live to 200.”

ackson enjoyed the adoration he received from Trump World and decided to run for office, winning a House seat in 2020. On Wednesday, the Texas lawmaker appeared on Fox News to blame rap and video games for the recent shooting in his state.

Jackson told Fox News:

There’s gonna be all kinds of discussions coming up, unfortunately, in the media, regarding Second Amendment in regarding..um.. the other issues around guns in this country. But I think we really need to ask the question of, ‘how can something like this happen?’ How can someone do something so evil? What kind of person, what kind of animal can do this?

Our culture has changed over the last 30 or 40 years….Kids are exposed to all kinds of horrible stuff these days. I look back and I think about the horrible stuff they hear when they listen to rap music, the video games they watch from a really early age.

Click on the link for the full article and video

The Onion, the New York Times, and Mass Shootings

The morning after a May 24 2022 mass shooter killed multiple children and teachers in Uvalde, Texas, The Onion edited their notable and cyclical “No Way to Prevent This …” article and front page; at the same time, an account spotting changes to the non-satirical New York Times spotted an unsettling, real-life news counterpart.

The Onion originally published the piece, “‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens,” after a 2014 shooting in Isla Vista, California. Updates to the page were frequent enough to warrant a Wikipedia entry devoted to its variations.

It explained:

Each article is about 200 words long, detailing the location of the shooting and the number of victims but otherwise remaining essentially the same. A fictitious resident — usually of a state in which the shooting did not take place — is quoted as saying that the shooting was “a terrible tragedy”, but “there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them”. The article ends by pointing out that the United States is the “only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past eight years” and that Americans view themselves and the situation as “helpless” … The article was first published on May 27, 2014, following the Isla Vista shooting. Since then, The Onion has republished the same article an additional 20 times as of May 2022, nearly verbatim, with only minor changes to reflect the specifics of each shooting.

In 2017, managing editor for The Onion Marnie Shure said, “By re-running the same commentary it strengthens the original commentary tenfold each time. … In the wake of these really terrible things, we have this comment that really holds up.”

Click on the link for the full article

So my cousin posted this on Facebook. 

It’s sad but this is what our world has come to. If this is what it takes to keep our children safe, then so be it. I’m sure not everyone on here will agree and that’s fine, you just keep on scrolling.

*and a picture of an armed guard in a school.

To which I responded.

It is so weird how the party that will do anything to protect unborn "lives" in the womb will not take even the smallest step towards protecting the lives of the children in a classroom.

It's almost like I am actively working to isolate myself from the dumber parts of my family.

Edited by The Almighty Buzz
I'm stoned
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, China said:

34 minutes ago, China said:

Rep. Ronny Jackson: It’s ‘Unfortunate’ Guns Are Being Blamed For Violence When Video Games and Rap Are the Real Cause [VIDEO]

Dr. Ronny Jackson was a White House physician to both Barack Obama and Donald Trump. He seemed to take a shine to Trump, though, bragging that the clearly unhealthy man, “could live to 200.”

ackson enjoyed the adoration he received from Trump World and decided to run for office, winning a House seat in 2020. On Wednesday, the Texas lawmaker appeared on Fox News to blame rap and video games for the recent shooting in his state.

Jackson told Fox News:

Click on the link for the full article and video

All this crime and murder in these red states I tell ya. Outta control.

26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Oh FFS, it's 2022 ain't no gangsta rappers left.  It's all about skinny jeans and mumble rap now. 

Kids today are more likely to pick up a speech impediment from today's rap then a sudden urge to commit mass murder.

I’m sure Drake, Bad Bunny, and Doja Cat are the real reason behind all this madness!  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

To which I responded.

It's almost like I am actively working to isolate myself from the dumber parts of my family.

Nonsense.

If the Dems were any good at messaging…. they’d be hammering this right now.

“This is the party of pro life?!?”

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I dont know.  Im not sure i even am frustrated.  I feel more apathetic than anything.  I guees that we are all wasting time yelling at clouds.  Nothing is going to happen.  We will all move on and this school will become a name we know like Sandy Hook, Parkland, etc.  

I would say that this would be a great "retirement effort" for you, but if you're "apathetic", then there's probably nothing you could do anyway. 

Damn.   

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

To which I responded.

didn't this school have an armed guard?  Wasn’t there a cop at the florida school shooting too.  It’s weird everyone is offering it as a solution.  What kind of super guard do they imagine is going to stop a mass murderer that shows up fine with the idea of dying that’s entirely aware the guard is there?  Unless robocall is going to be standing by the door, that isn’t going to do it.  

If you want to stop a mass shooter you’d need secure fencing, guards, and a gatehouse where all visitors are checked for weapons well away from the main building.  You need something that allows the building to lock down before the killer reaches it.  

… and schools will never be that.  

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

If you want to stop a mass shooter you’d need secure fencing, guards, and a gatehouse where all visitors are checked for weapons well away from the main building.  You need something that allows the building to lock down before the killer reaches it.  

… and schools will never be that.  

Because that's a prison. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I would say that this would be a great "retirement effort" for you, but if you're "apathetic", then there's probably nothing you could do anyway. 

Damn.   

After thinking about it more, I'm pretty sure this is a side effect of the medicine I take.

• Like 1

Just keep it in gun states. 

50 minutes ago, Destino said:

Yes. As Gov Abbott said, we need to harden the targets. 

The targets being elementary schools. 

WTF is wrong with us?

Edited by PleaseBlitz