Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Raiders Post Game Assessments

Burgold

It doesn't show up on the score sheet but I thought the downfield blocking was unbelievable. From watching Long run with CT to the NUMeRoUs times Pryor was making some key downfield blocks, it was an absolute pleasure to watch.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If you had to give a defensive game ball, who does it go to? 

I could put together a compelling arguement for Preston Smith, Jon Allen, Nicholson, Bree, Norman or Swearinger. 

Thoughts? 

Edit: I forgot to mention Brown.

Spaight was incredible as well

Now that's what a well-coached defense looks like! And a defense with some real talent on that side of the ball. It was exciting to watch, and they've played well all three of these games. Kirk was sharp tonight, too.......just the entire squad. I want to see more total games like this, especially at home......and it's always great to see our boys play like that in prime time. Hail!

Defense almost had it's first shutout/<100 total yardage game since the beat down the '91 team gave Philadelphia at RFK. What an incredible game to watch - especially with the way the defense clamped down on 3rd down and the way the offense dominated time of possession.

I was downright giddy coming home.

While it is just one game, I think that we can draw a few conclusions from the first 3 games of the season.

1.  Our defense is actually REALLY good.  On all facets of the game.  Line play, LB play, secondary, all really good.

2.  Our offense can score points but not the way it did last season and the sooner we play to this the better.  Lots of short/intermediate passes and if Doctson can get going then maybe we go up top sometimes.

3.  Our run game is average and we need to pass to open up the run.  Before getting hurt, Piron didn’t look great.  Kelley hasn’t looked great.  Only Thompson has looked great but that’s mostly as a threat to pass out of the backfield.

Just a few thoughts off the cuff.

Gotta go back to the '04-'05 defenses to see that kind of an effort. Dammit it was fun to watch them work. Being here in SD when Manusky was the DC of the Chargers the D was ok but they didn't have anyone on that defense.. Holy crap he's getting it done.

Doctson. Welcome to the team baby, fantastic catch. Nothing but positive from this game, I mean the two turnovers though I could live without but dammit that was a fun game to watch.

CT I love this kid. I vouched and fought hard for him in 2013-'14 when his injury concerns had people turning the page on him but I had a feeling Shanny knew what he was doing when picked him that year and man is he looking amazing this season..

HTTR..

20 minutes ago, Redd said:

I haven't seen a Redskins defense so dominant against everything since grade school.  

Geeze it's been awhile. 

That's what makes this win so great.

This wasn't a case of the Raiders' offense having an off night. Their bad night was completely because the Redskins' defense shut them down. :815:

****in ey gods am I ever extremely pumped..the muffed punt from Crowder..his second!!.. of the year ugh..and the bummer deal about it is he was my up-and-coming favor ite player..damn it man..c for the st'S..A++.. for the defense and I think the best part about it is they look better this week and they did last week in other words improving I would say definitely A, B+ for offense..Extremely ****ing ey pumped for the TEAM WIN..I can't express my man crush enough right now for Chris Thompson.!!.. I do apologize for the language I guess I just use it to express how serious I am.

21 minutes ago, playoffsplz said:

I love what Manusky is doing with the D. Very aggressive - quick to the ball and hard hitting. I'm pretty darn excited at their potential as a unit. Kansas City is going to be a huge test...can they be consistent?

It helps to have monsters in the middle like Allen and Brown.. Zach Brown is an absolute stud. That guy is the lynchpin of the defense imo. How the bills let him go baffles me.

absolutely freaking impressed 

Offense - Kirk was absolutely filthy tonight - not much more you could have asked from him - it was nice to see we stuck with the running game even when it wasn't doing much - Chris Thompson is an absolute joy to watch

Defense - mind blown - nothing more to say

Special Teams - ugh - but not going to complain

getting pumped for the KC game now

It's amazing what our team can look like with everything clicking and how different one game can make you feel about a season. I know I'm amped but I went from we can push for a playoff spot if we are lucky to who in the NFC looks better? Wow. I will come back down reality tomorrow but I'm going to enjoy this for now. 

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If you had to give a defensive game ball, who does it go to? 

I could put together a compelling arguement for Preston Smith, Jon Allen, Nicholson, Bree, Norman or Swearinger. 

Thoughts? 

Edit: I forgot to mention Brown.

Don't forget Fuller, Interception and a forced fumble 

Archived