Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Raiders Post Game Assessments

Burgold

12 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Speaking of not getting carried away... but looking at the way the defense has performed from Week 1 to week 3 is phenomenal especially with Jared Goff last I seen leading the league in passing yards the level of performance I've seen rise in the last three games makes me think of a Super Bowl defense we have the secondary and it looks like the defensive line as well to possibly have one not getting carried away not getting carried away

Why would we pull for the Raiders now I think they play the Broncos next I guess I'm confused here

Really referring to their other 3 important games: Dallas, NY, Philadelphia.

To me tonight's performance just makes the @KC game all that much more intriguing. Win or lose that game, I want to see how the 'Skins perform on the road, against another team considered "elite."   The domination of the Raiders has alleviated the "omg we have to win" pressure of the game, but I still want to see what our team has for an elite team like the Chiefs in their own house. 

9 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Watching CSN, apparently, Amarni Cooper was bragging a week before the game that he was going to have 200 yards receiving tonight, and Crabtree apparently called Norman nothing but a "Cover 2 corner.

That is what set Norman off.

Can we get someone to hack Tyreek Hill's twitter this week and tweet to Norman that he sucks? 

3 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Congrats to Docston on getting his first catch. And a touchdown to boot.

The way he tracked that ball and jumped for it was very nice, and it shows why the Redskins are still excited by what he can do.

Actually, it's his 3rd catch. He had 2 last season before going on IR. Still, definitely a beauty of a TD.

1 minute ago, RedskinsSerbia said:

Btw a silent hero of the game, Morgan Moses. Got labeled as a bust after week one, alongside with Sherff. Held a DPOY to a single sack, and handled him great all game long. Irvin was non existant also.

Good call besides the couple false start calls which could almost be expected playing against defensive player of the year, he held his own

5 minutes ago, RedskinsSerbia said:

Btw a silent hero of the game, Morgan Moses. Got labeled as a bust after week one, alongside with Sherff. Held a DPOY to a single sack, and handled him great all game long. Irvin was non existant also.

Would agree, also, the coaches did a really good job and using chris thompson to limit the pass rushers effectiveness. 

6 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Good call besides the couple false start calls which could almost be expected playing against defensive player of the year, he held his own

think Moses only had 1 FS...right?...i've noticed him getting real close to a false start a few times, in every game this season...wonder why?..either way, yes he had a great game

For a good laugh, see the Raiders' forum gameday thread, especially when Doctson hauls in his TD around page 23. Comic gold.

I think that second half drive to start was the key. When some bad happened in the third quarter, we had gotten up 21-0 and we were never seriously in any danger. Nice drive Kirk, catch Josh, and call Jay.

Offensive performance was more of a mixed bag for me.  The OL made several excellent plays involving brilliant individual efforts peppered in with a bunch of costly mistakes.  They gave up a lot more pressure than you'd expect from Kirk's stat line, and they couldn't open up holes on inside runs.

The receivers each made some costly mistakes too.  It wasn't their best game but they got the job done and made plays when needed.

Vernon Davis and Niles Paul were excellent.  They did a great job sealing off the edge on outside runs and helping to limit Mack's influence.  And Davis made several outstanding plays as a receiver too.  He was fantastic.

Chris Thompson was a beast for sure.  Every time we needed a big play he delivered.

Game ball goes to Kirk.  He was essentially perfect tonight.  He was the best player on the field and it was one of the best performances of his career.  He was sticking Brett Favre throws and putting the ball on the money and making it easy for his receivers all night.  He was locked in.

13 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Would agree, also, the coaches did a really good job and using chris thompson to limit the pass rushers effectiveness. 

19 minutes ago, RedskinsSerbia said:

Plus the run commitment and the screen game. Gruden had their pass rushers moving all night.

Perfect.

Archived