Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Raiders Post Game Assessments

Burgold

Love it!!... I'm not going to get ahead of myself just going to take one game at a time in Arrowhead is going to be an sob.. so with tonight's win and going back to last year's big win over the Packers who just so turned very hot the very next week but it's almost beginning to lead me to think that that there could be a change in the color of the crowd at our home stadium.

2 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Can't give the game ball to only one individual. So many of our guys stepped up tonight, especially the young bucks.

Total team effort. All of these dudes had a game.

Montae Nicholson.

Johnathon Allen.

Josh Doctson.

Kendall Fuller.

Chris Thompson.

Kirk Cousins.

Vernon Davis.

Zach Brown.

Trent Williams.

Josh Norman.

DJ Swearinger.

....**** it I might as well link to the Redskins roster homepage....

Preston smith and Kerrigan both had sacks and tackles for a loss also. Really just so many impact plays by different players 

27 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Defense almost had it's first shutout/<100 total yardage game since the beat down the '91 team gave Philadelphia at RFK. What an incredible game to watch - especially with the way the defense clamped down on 3rd down and the way the offense dominated time of possession.

I was downright giddy coming home.

giphy.gif

It is nice that one of my biggest complaint is that Scherff is too slow to outrun a DB.:rofl89:

3 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Love it!!... I'm not going to get ahead of myself just going to take one game at a time in Arrowhead is going to be an sob.. so with tonight's win and going back to last year's big win over the Packers who just so turned very hot the very next week but it's almost beginning to lead me to think that that there could be a change in the color of the crowd at our home stadium.

We need that half game.  Also, I guess we now pull for the Raiders?

4 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Jno was heated after the game. I guess cooper and crabtree were talking crap about they were gonna get 200 yards or something along those lines? Anyone know what that was all about? Norman is a beast. Hes 1000% intensity at all times.. love that guy.

He's an intense guy, but our whole secondary is like that.

Norman is intense.

Breeland is intense

Swearinger is intense

Fuller is intense

Nicholson is young, but he seems intense.

These guys all play with passion and fire.

Speaking of not getting carried away... but looking at the way the defense has performed from Week 1 to week 3 is phenomenal especially with Jared Goff last I seen leading the league in passing yards the level of performance I've seen rise in the last three games makes me think of a Super Bowl defense we have the secondary and it looks like the defensive line as well to possibly have one not getting carried away not getting carried away

7 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

It is nice that one of my biggest complaint is that Scherff is too slow to outrun a DB.:rofl89:

We need that half game.  Also, I guess we now pull for the Raiders?

Why would we pull for the Raiders now I think they play the Broncos next I guess I'm confused here

The way the D-line dominated tonight, I am not sure what to believe.  Did the Raiders overlook this team and not expect to be in a physical dogfight?  Was it a matter of the D-line just gelling together finally?  It's hard to say because this performance was so much more dominant then what we saw in the first two weeks, and it came against what it considered one of the top o-lines in the NFL.  I still don't quite know what to make of it.

54 minutes ago, mojo said:

Wow.  All I can say.  Feel like I was dreaming and watching a game from our 1991 season.

42 minutes ago, Rskins91 said:

Put the league on notice... that's what we did tonight

32 minutes ago, dyst said:

Really don't have words for this and if I did, it would be too long. Basically perfection.

giphy.gif

Just now, NoCalMike said:

The way the D-line dominated tonight, I am not sure what to believe.  Did the Raiders overlook this team and not expect to be in a physical dogfight?  Was it a matter of the D-line just gelling together finally?  It's hard to say because this performance was so much more dominant then what we saw in the first two weeks, and it came against what it considered one of the top o-lines in the NFL.  I still don't quite know what to make of it.

Smile, enjoy the win?... very well said but for now join me on Cloud 9 brother!

9 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Speaking of not getting carried away... but looking at the way the defense has performed from Week 1 to week 3 is phenomenal especially with Jared Goff last I seen leading the league in passing yards the level of performance I've seen rise in the last three games makes me think of a Super Bowl defense we have the secondary and it looks like the defensive line as well to possibly have one not getting carried away not getting carried away

Why would we pull for the Raiders now I think they play the Broncos next I guess I'm confused here

Raiders play the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys. All three in December.

Just now, Stadium-Armory said:

The Raiders play the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys. All three in December.

Got ya... I figured that's what you were talking about, I will root for them for the rest of the season I like to pay attention to the Raiders I know that might not go over quite well with many who have the hard feelings because of the Super Bowl and I'm sorry I wasn't around then didn't watch it never have watched highlights but yeah I'll root for the Raiders than..

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I'm sold this is a playoff team. 

They keep that MOJO going and we are real contenders. 

Cousins always needed some complimentary pieces to really shine. The use of chris thompson and our athletic lineman is impressive and most teams won't be able to replicate it or stop it. 

And doing so will only open up the rest of the offense as the new wide recievers gel. 

This team has potential.

Archived