Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Raiders Post Game Assessments

Burgold

Overall Assessment WOW!

Offense: Kirk had a nearly perfect game. Beautiful throws. Converted the long and the short. Receivers came up big and Doctson not only got his first reception and TD, but stole an interception. The running game was rough, but steady (except for the fumble). I want to see Brown get a few more shots. Chris Thompson played an incredible game and is really continuing an awesome year. Pryor, Grant, and Crowder had some nice grabs.

Overall A-

Defense: Lights out. Great against the rush. Great against the pass. No real mental letdowns. Turnovers and sacks. Very good pressure. If I wanted to quibble they could have had an additional interception.

Overall A+

Special Teams: Crowder had a bizarre muff. We missed a long field goal. Coverage was very good. Tress was good.

Overall C

Coaching: This is the second game where I felt like our coaches out coached the other guys coach. Gruden and Manusky were both great. Manusky especially never let his foot off the gas. He didn't go super soft with the lead like his predecessors always did. Gruden may eventually have to change up the predictable first down run, but really did a good job creating mismatches against a team that's supposed to go deep into the playoffs.

Overall A

That defense was an absolute joy to watch after 6 years of *Jim Haslett & Joe Barry Present PeeWee Football. Kirk having a great night with no Reed or real #1 WR probably makes my rating as his best game here all things considered. O line looked great glad they got highlighted a lot while playing well. Redskins don't lay down too many ass whippings I'm going to enjoy this one until Wednesday.

One more thing to bring up. We had two bad turnovers that in years' past would have turned into an avalanche and collapse. That goal line stand was amazing. They persevered. They withstood the goofs and a lot of penalties that made me close to cursing the refs. Seemed liked they were really trying to kill the Redskins, but that the 'skins just kept coming up with a better play no matter how many times the refs stole a first down.

Oline really came together tonight. Interior of Long and Scherff must have ate their wheaties today. 

If someone can make a GIF of the Thompson screen for 70 yards and highlight Scherff who charged downfield about 20-25 yards and just obliterated Karl Joseph, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks Scottt!

#5overall.

At a few points I asked myself if the Raiders were purposely tanking because things just seemed eerily slow for our Defense, who were always in the right place and ready to the make the play. Our Defense was aligned right and communicated well all night. Best I've seen the defense play in many years. 

Loved our commitment to run the ball. Loved the physical tone the team set with the Lines on both sides of the ball. 

Two team wins in a row.  Tonight the defense and offense were both dominant.  Cousins 25-30 for 3 TDs and what 365... something like that.  The Raiders couldn't buy a first down tonight on the ground or thru the air.  Very impressive overall.  Montae Nicholson set the tone early with his pick.

Man, I watched this game with my 7 year old son (he's a die hard, bedtime was revoked) on his Birthday tonight. I had to tell him he was treated to a special game, something I haven't seen since myself in DECADES. Fun to watch, even if they wanted us to sweat just a little.

But seriously, that D is cool because it's pretty much one draft pick after another. Tonight was hopefully a redemption of years of building. Kerrigan, Smith, Breeland, Allen, Anderson, Fuller, Nicholson, Ionadis, Spaight, and more. 

Don't look now, but Skins just made some noise in the league. DOMINANT PERFORMANCE, HATS OFF TO ENTIRE TEAM

I came to say one thing: you name me a better Pass Defense in The NFL than the one we saw tonight.

The answer?  You can't.

The Washington Redskins have THE BEST Pass Defense in The NFL!!!

(Tonight's Opponent was billed as The Best Team in football by many observers.  And we just dominated em!)

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Best defensive effort since Gibbs 2 era.  A joy to watch.

Airtight game plan and execution from Gruden/Cousins/etc.  Our identity as a smashmouth team is evident...and it feels real damn good.

Since Gibbs 1... that reminded me of the '91 season where we didn't give up a point at home in September. Total domination.

Archived