Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

My (optimistic?) assumption is that those house Repubs are doing it for show, knowing full well that nothing will come from it but they get to pacify their constituents by making it look like they tried, anyway.

Oh, I'm certain that they're counting on someone else stopping them. 

They should be banned from elective office for life, anyway. They're knowingly abusing their elected office, and harming the country. They are morally incapable of upholding an oath to defend the constitution. 

Fun with Trump's old Tweets.  Apply them to today:

Donald Trump Freaks Out on Twitter After Obama Wins Election

Shortly after President Barack Obama was announced the winner of the 2012 election, Donald Trump had what some might call a melodramatic freak out on Twitter. He condemned America's democratic process, said the Electoral College should get out of town and called for a revolution.

Click on the link for more

Battleground states urge Supreme Court to reject Texas’ bid to overturn Biden’s wins

The battleground states whose presidential election results are being challenged by Texas at the Supreme Court urged the justices on Thursday not to take up the case.

The four states targeted in the lawsuit warned in uncharacteristically sharp briefs that granting Texas’ unprecedented request would “do violence to the Constitution” and “disenfranchise millions” of voters.

Those states — Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Georgia — have all certified their election results, with Democrat Joe Biden defeating President Donald Trump.

Nearly simultaneously, Washington, D.C., Attorney General Karl Racine filed a brief at the court on behalf of the District of Columbia and 22 states and territories defending the four states targeted by Texas.

That friend-of-the-court brief was joined by California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Washington.

The flurry of major briefs related to the case — including Trump’s own request to intervene — demonstrated the dramatic and lingering polarization of the U.S. just weeks after one of the most contentious elections in memory.

Pennsylvania in its brief called Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s long-shot bid to overturn other states’ elections “legally indefensible” and “an affront to principles of constitutional democracy.”

“Texas seeks to invalidate elections in four states for yielding results with which it disagrees,” Pennsylvania’s scathing brief read.

Dana Nessel, the attorney general of Michigan, told the court in her state’s brief to reject Texas’ case outright.

“To do otherwise would make this Court the arbiter of all future national elections,” Nessel wrote.

“The base of Texas’s claims rests on an assertion that Michigan has violated its own election laws. Not true,” Nessel added. “That claim has been rejected in the federal and state courts in Michigan, and just yesterday the Michigan Supreme Court rejected a last-ditch effort to request an audit.”

Christopher Carr, the attorney general of Georgia, told the court that Texas was seeking to “transfer Georgia’s electoral powers to the federal judiciary.”

“Respect for federalism and the constitutional design prohibits that transfer of power, but this Court should never even reach that issue,” he wrote.

The replies came one day after Trump asked the high court to let him intervene in the case. The president, who is refusing to concede to Biden, has hyped Texas’ case as “the big one” — but election law experts say there’s little if any chance the court will allow it to proceed.

Click on the link for the full article

59 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Joe Biden, Kamala Harris named Time’s 2020 Person of the Year  

disagree with their choice.  I think all the healthcare workers who have dealt with covid;  should be the persons of the year.

My mother is a retired nurse, my niece is an ER nurse, going blind, loving what she does. 

The fact that you're still here with us is a testament to all of them.

I couldn't agree with you more. 

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

disagree with their choice.  I think all the healthcare workers who have dealt with covid;  should be the persons of the year.

I disagree with both choices.  I think the people of the year are the ones that stayed inside, wore their masks, and cried quietly at night so their children wouldn’t hear them while their finances fell into ruin. The ones that accepted that this was right without burning down the neighborhoods in riots.  

They’ve sacrificed everything and now stand to be evicted, another indignity to throw on the pile, while congress fails them.  Again.  And again.  

Americans are shop lifting staple foods.  That was all over the news today.  That’s what our leaders did to our people, and they took it without burning it all down, because it was the best option in a time of crisis.  Compare them to the whining ****es threatening civil war because they lost an election.  

Each of the attorneys general and representatives who signed onto the Texas suit know the result of every case presented before a judge. They know that Bill Barr and the Justice Department found no evidence of fraud or wrongdoing. I don't care if Trump is leaning on them. They are supposed to be leaders not cowards. Instead, they are seditious traitors to the nation. They should be excused from office, arrested, and tried in a court of law.

What they are doing is not a political stunt. It's very, very dangerous.

10 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

24 hrs later and still wrong

So now will he add Wisconsin today and California and Arizona on Saturday. Good grief man, it's been 34 days since the election was called for Biden. Give it a rest already.

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Should have been the healthcare workers. Name Joe and Kamala politicians of the year. 

Dear republicans

ill happily entertain a scotus review if your allegations of election fraud so long as immediately following that ruling we get to jump head first investigating whether you’re all traitors/seditionists and whether there’s room for treason or corruption charges. 

deal?

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Dear republicans

ill happily entertain a scotus review if your allegations of election fraud so long as immediately following that ruling we get to jump head first investigating whether you’re all traitors/seditionists and whether there’s room for treason or corruption charges. 

deal?

Not good enough. How about trading a SCOTUS review for a written confession of guilt to sedition. 

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Des makes an excellent point. 

I love Joe & Kamala...but wrong choice. 

Agree 100%; This is part of the reason people dislike democratic leaders.  they get anointed with accolades just for showing up. 

Yes, I'm very happy that Biden was elected president, but there is much to fix in this country right now- COVID, Iran, wealth inequality, healthcare, national debt, police-community relations, etc.  Let's actually fix some stuff before we start handing out awards.

Obama winning the Nobel Prize in 2009 was equally bad IMO. He even acknowledged that in his recipient speech.

2 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Image may contain: text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Who knew that "states' rights" included a state's right to violate another state's rights?'

That would require using your rational/intellectual pre-frontal cortex part of your brain.

Republicans are typically stuck in their primitive mammalian brain stem — fight or flight. Or Freud’s Id. That’s behind all the irrational impulsive adversarial decisions that are neither coherent or cogent.

Archived