Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Meh. I've lived in southern California almost all my life, and I still haven't been to DIsneyland in 5 years. Have you seen those admission prices?

I've been an annual passholder on and off for maybe 20 years.  I'm well aware of their prices.  

My recording.  

CNN reporting that over 100 House representatives have signed on to “Trumps” lawsuit to the SC to overturn votes in four states. Boys and girls, this is sedition, plain and simple, and every one of these people should face charges. This has gone beyond the line in the sand for me. I’m ready to start collecting scalps.

Explaining the Supreme Court lawsuit from Texas and Trump challenging Biden's win

When will we hear from the court?

The Supreme Court is going through standard procedural protocols, placing the case on its docket. Each of the four states responded Thursday afternoon. Pennsylvania's reply was blistering, accusing Texas of using a "cacophony of bogus claims" to support a "seditious abuse of the judicial process."

The court could act after those filings arrive or wait until Texas files a brief replying to the arguments made by the battleground states. The justices acted quickly in rejecting the Pennsylvania lawsuit on Tuesday, but they could bide their time as they have in other election-related cases.

They do "meet" Friday for their regular conference, now held over the phone.

Unlike a traditional cert petition (request for the court to hear a case), it will take five justices to agree to allow Paxton to file his suit.

Click on the link for more

--------------------

Battleground states issue blistering rebukes to Texas' lawsuit to invalidate millions of votes

Each of the four battleground states targeted by a Texas lawsuit seeking to overturn President Donald Trump's election defeat issued blistering briefs at the Supreme Court on Thursday, with Pennsylvania officials going so far as to call the effort a "seditious abuse of the judicial process."

The court filings from Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin come a day after Trump asked the Supreme Court to intervene in the lawsuit brought by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton seeking to invalidate millions of votes in their states.

"Texas's effort to get this Court to pick the next President has no basis in law or fact. The Court should not abide this seditious abuse of the judicial process, and should send a clear and unmistakable signal that such abuse must never be replicated," wrote Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro.

The Texas lawsuit, Shapiro said, rested on a "surreal alternate reality."

It is unclear when the Supreme Court will act on the lawsuit.

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel addressed the lawsuit with equally strong language, writing that "the election in Michigan is over. Texas comes as a stranger to this matter and should not be heard here."

"The challenge here is an unprecedented one, without factual foundation or a valid legal basis," Michigan's brief said.

Chris Carr, the attorney general of Georgia, put more emphasis on the federalism implications of Texas' lawsuit in his filing. "Texas presses a generalized grievance that does not involve the sort of direct state-against-state controversy required for original jurisdiction," he wrote.

"And in any case, there is another forum in which parties who (unlike Texas) have standing can challenge Georgia's compliance with its own election laws: Georgia's own courts."
Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul similarly cast the lawsuit as an "extraordinary intrusion into Wisconsin's and the other defendant States' elections, a task that the Constitution leaves to each State."

Click on the link for the full article

This is priceless.  Kayleigh MactheNinny was on Hannity repeating the absurd statistic contained in the Texas lawsuit that the odds of Biden winning any swing state after Trump's early lead was "1 in a quadrillion."

Then she said that the odds of him winning all four were "1 in a quadrillion to the 4th power."  Check out the tweet response below.

2 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Meh. I've lived in southern California almost all my life, and I still haven't been to DIsneyland in 5 years. Have you seen those admission prices? They need to re-design Micky to include a pimp hat and a robe.

My wife loves Disney. We just went two months ago. We got 5 nights in a mid price hotel. Hotel had sky rides to and from 2 parks, 6 park tickets each, plus a food plan. We had a normal breakfast, snacks in mid day, and a first class dinner at any of the best restaurants in any park we wanted. Cost $1500 for both. We go at least once a year. We did book it a year ago so prices may have gone up. Plane  fair will prob cost $1500 round trip to Italy never alone hotel transfers and food. 

12 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

I'm reading the alternate reality where these people exist on a different board.  It's amazing the number of armchair statisticians and constitutional scholars we have in this country.

It's also terrifying

"Thus google does make experts of us all."

--(Hamlet...I think...lemme google it real quick)

55 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

CNN reporting that over 100 House representatives have signed on to “Trumps” lawsuit to the SC to overturn votes in four states. Boys and girls, this is sedition, plain and simple, and every one of these people should face charges. This has gone beyond the line in the sand for me. I’m ready to start collecting scalps.

Dude... this is insane. 

it’s unfolding slowly enough that it feels like this thing that won’t happen and just needs to be waited out

but it just keeps unfolding. Slowly.

21 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Pelosi should refuse to seat them.

That would be perfect.  She should stand at the microphone, hold up the sheet listing the 106 who signed onto that lawsuit, and say, with dripping faux sincerity, "In deference to their claims, I can not in good conscience deny their right to question the election.  Therefore I will not swear them in until the Supreme Court decides whether to hear the case and, if so, renders its decision."

6 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Meh. I've lived in southern California almost all my life, and I still haven't been to DIsneyland in 5 years. Have you seen those admission prices? They need to re-design Micky to include a pimp hat and a robe.

I gave this some thought the last time I was at Disneyland, and while Disney definitely engages in a variety of classic Evil Corporation (that knows how to put on a great show) behavior, I'm not sure this is an example of it.

The parks are often packed to the gills now, with prices where they are. If Disney cut them substantially I'd think that either the crowding would become even worse, to the point that the experience would be ruined for everyone, or it would just be impossible to actually obtain those tickets. Neither seems preferable to high prices.

Archived