Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Lindsey Graham Predicts Trump Will Become a ‘Shadow President’

Mulling Trump’s prospective status in an interview with Peter Nicholas, South Carolina senator Lindsey Graham (who once said of Trump, “I think he’s a kook. I think he’s crazy. I think he’s unfit for office”) uttered words that may have been prophetic while carefully stipulating that Trump hasn’t lost just yet:

He has a lot of sway over the Republican Party. If he objects to anything Biden [does], it would be hard to get Republicans on board. If he blessed some kind of deal, it would be easier to get something done. In many ways, he’ll be a shadow president.

Click on the link for more

2 minutes ago, China said:

Lindsey Graham Predicts Trump Will Become a ‘Shadow President’

Mulling Trump’s prospective status in an interview with Peter Nicholas, South Carolina senator Lindsey Graham (who once said of Trump, “I think he’s a kook. I think he’s crazy. I think he’s unfit for office”) uttered words that may have been prophetic while carefully stipulating that Trump hasn’t lost just yet:

He has a lot of sway over the Republican Party. If he objects to anything Biden [does], it would be hard to get Republicans on board. If he blessed some kind of deal, it would be easier to get something done. In many ways, he’ll be a shadow president.

Click on the link for more

I mean...mob bosses ran stuff on the streets all the time from in prison. Why not Trump, I guess?

"BREAKING UPDATE: Alabama Now Joins Louisiana & Texas, Asks Supreme Court To Overturn ‘Unconstitutional’ Election In 4 States" feels like a turn for the worse and a bad precedent in terms of the message it sends to the wackos. 

Edit for clarification - I'm not worried about this case's chances in court, I'm worried about the red state vs. blue state message it sends.

Is Trump planning on hosting the SF 49ers, Tampa Bay Rays and Miami Heat at whatever his White House is? 

"Ladies and gentlemen, I know a thing about rigged events.  Don't bring me to a carnival, because I have an eye for when bad things are gonna happen.  We know, the NFL rigged the game.  I sat down to watch the game, San Francisco was winning... I got in a long discussion about how to be a dirtbag landlord wirh Jared and all of a sudden, KC has more points!  Andy Reid has those Philadelphia connections.  You wonder if he made a call to Roger.  Same thing with Tampa Bay.  We all know a team living in Gavin Newsome's California was so locked-down their athletes couldn't even practice.  It must have been rigged... once Tampa Bay had won that extra innings game... you knew the series was over.  Tampa Bay pulled their pitcher... who does that?  Rigged, rigged, rigged!  Don't even get me started on Lebron. The NBA needs this guy, but I don't.  He is notorious for vote rigging!!

32 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'm curious how many Republicans in the House and Senate will refuse to call Biden "President" after he's inaugurated. I'd be a little surprised if there are any in the Senate, but not surprised at all if there are a handful of them in the House.

I think you might be right, the q-anon caucus in the house (Taylor-Greene and Boebert) are the most likely culprits.  If I'm not mistaken, Biden will be doing the State of the Union address in Feb. after inauguration.  I expect plenty of grand standing and boycotting during that from the same group as well.  Sadly, there is no price to pay for lack of civility to the opposing party in America these days: districts are far too polarized for that. 

12 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I think you might be right, the q-anon caucus in the house (Taylor-Greene and Boebert) are the most likely culprits.  If I'm not mistaken, Biden will be doing the State of the Union address in Feb. after inauguration.  I expect plenty of grand standing and boycotting during that from the same group as well.  Sadly, there is no price to pay for lack of civility to the opposing party in America these days: districts are far too polarized for that. 

Yeah, I saw a good name for them (and MAGAs in general) on Twitter not long ago: Q Cucks Klan. 

And I agree...the first SOTU address is going to be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of Republican House members either refuse to go, saying Biden isn't legit because of fraud, or will go and will make a huge scene somehow.

Given what we know of these mouth breathers, I'm unfortunately tending towards the latter. 

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, I saw a good name for them (and MAGAs in general) on Twitter not long ago: Q Cucks Klan. 

And I agree...the first SOTU address is going to be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of Republican House members either refuse to go, saying Biden isn't legit because of fraud, or will go and will make a huge scene somehow.

Given what we know of these mouth breathers, I'm unfortunately tending towards the latter. 

Yup.  Kind of expecting a repeat and possible amplification of something like the "Liar" incident during Obama's State of the Union.

qanon.jpg

14 hours ago, China said:

I want Trump to have an experience like the Duke brothers.  Screaming to turn the voting machines back on and having a heart attack when he finally comes to the realization that he's lost the election and owes $400 million dollars.

This movie is the reason why I ended up in corporate finance.....lol.

I’ve thought of this scene every time I hear about the trumydumpty loss

33 minutes ago, DCranon21 said:

Good grief this lady is back. So now the conspiracy is no President has never won the election without Florida and Ohio. Somebody want to tell her and her fearless leader how to add and that all you need is 270 to win. Cope more...

I really wish I could have used this argument when the Eagles won the SB. 

"Fake win. Eagles have never won the Super Bowl before. Therefore, they can't now. I hereby proclaim the Redskins to be Super Bowl champs!"

Also...over on the right wing rags the MAGAs are absolutely swarming around this Texas lawsuit. Their main "argument" that they're using to convince themselves is that every time a new state joins the suit, it...somehow...makes the suit much more likely to be heard and then ruled on in favor of the plaintiffs. Seems like either willful ignorance or just not understanding how lawsuits work.

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I think Donny is going to be disappointed by the Supremes. 

Even IF they agree to hear it  (almost impossible, given the PA dismissal without dissent) the plaintiffs would have some very thorny questions to answer.

1) These changes were made well before the election. Why are you just now challenging it after Trump lost?

2) Is Texas's vote in doubt too? The governor of Texas also changed their voting without consent of the legislature.

3) Why is it that the only states where you're alleging this just happen to be swing states that Trump lost?

4) Even IF they accept that election rules were changed incorrectly, in contravention of the law, the voters didn't do anything wrong. So why should their votes be invalidated because they followed the rules set by someone else's mistake?

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Even IF they agree to hear it  (almost impossible, given the PA dismissal without dissent) the plaintiffs would have some very thorny questions to answer.

1) These changes were made well before the election. Why are you just now challenging it after Trump lost?

2) Is Texas's vote in doubt too? The governor of Texas also changed their voting without consent of the legislature.

3) Why is it that the only states where you're alleging this just happen to be swing states that Trump lost?

4) Even IF they accept that election rules were changed incorrectly, in contravention of the law, the voters didn't do anything wrong. So why should their votes be invalidated because they followed the rules set by someone else's mistake?

I'm not even sure Texas has standing to sue a different state over how it conducts its elections.  Seems like a sovereignty issue.  I mean...can you imagine if California or New York started suing Michigan and Ohio for their gerrymandered as hell districts.  If the supreme court even hears this case, it'll open up one hell of a can of worms.

44 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I really wish I could have used this argument when the Eagles won the SB. 

"Fake win. Eagles have never won the Super Bowl before. Therefore, they can't now. I hereby proclaim the Redskins to be Super Bowl champs!"

Also...over on the right wing rags the MAGAs are absolutely swarming around this Texas lawsuit. Their main "argument" that they're using to convince themselves is that every time a new state joins the suit, it...somehow...makes the suit much more likely to be heard and then ruled on in favor of the plaintiffs. Seems like either willful ignorance or just not understanding how lawsuits work.

There may be a silver lining here. For most of them, this is the Hail Mary they've been waiting for, the case in front of SCOTUS that will guarantee Trump four more years. Anything short of a decision that results in certification injunctions is going to be devastating to their moral.

On the flip side, once this case is rejected or lost, and the electoral vote occurs, those preaching violent intervention are going to be the loudest voices in the right win rags.

12 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I'm not even sure Texas has standing to sue a different state over how it conducts its elections.  Seems like a sovereignty issue.  I mean...can you imagine if California or New York started suing Michigan and Ohio for their gerrymandered as hell districts.  If the supreme court even hears this case, it'll open up one hell of a can of worms.

Yeah that's why I think this case will get slapped down as well. The "reasoning" behind their standing in the lawsuit stretches credulity, to say the very least. And you're right about the can of worms. Think about the precedent that would set...in any national election from now on, any state can challenge any other state's votes if they don't like who the winner is. Chaos.

1 minute ago, Recovering_Spaz said:

There may be a silver lining here. For most of them, this is the Hail Mary they've been waiting for, the case in front of SCOTUS that will guarantee Trump four more years. Anything short of a decision that results in certification injunctions is going to be devastating to their moral.

On the flip side, once this case is rejected or lost, and the electoral vote occurs, those preaching violent intervention are going to be the loudest voices in the right win rags.

Unfortunately it won't even faze them. I've been observing them for some time and they've been doing this since right after the election. Every single time "THIS IS THE BIG ONE!" or "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!" and when it inevitably fizzles they just move on.

They've been hanging their hopes on SCOTUS for a while now so it will sting. But they will regroup and just move the goalposts again (and they'll move from singing the praises of Kav and ACB to calling them traitors who need to be hanged literally overnight). Unfortunately, as you noted, now the goalposts could be "violent opposition". 

Remember, these aren't political ideologues. These are cult members. Watch that lady in the Tweet above. You really think any sort of reason or logic or facts will get through to her? 

Nope. 

1 hour ago, DCranon21 said:

Good grief this lady is back. So now the conspiracy is no President has never won the election without Florida and Ohio. Somebody want to tell her and her fearless leader how to add and that all you need is 270 to win. Cope more...

The comments on that thread are gold.

Archived