Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Newsweek: Alex Jones and Other Conservatives Call For Civil War Against Liberals

Springfield

19 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I just saw some of the courtroom video where he's shaking his head at her as she's saying that. 

There aren't enough dirty words for that prick. 

Trump will have to call him a "loser". 

SAD. 

Alex Jones?  I’ve never heard of him.  - DJT

• Haha 3

Just catching up on the Alex Jones news, that is WILD.  

My first thought was, you can't keep or even look at documents or info you were sent by mistake under one of the legal ethics rules:

https://www.vsb.org/pro-guidelines/index.php/rules/transactions-with-persons-other-than-clients/rule4-4/

A lawyer who receives a document or electronically stored information relating to the representation of the lawyer's client and knows or reasonably should know that the document or electronically stored information is privileged and was inadvertently sent shall immediately terminate review or use of the document or electronically stored information, promptly notify the sender, and abide by the sender’s instructions to return or destroy the document or electronically stored information.

But the Sandy Hook lawyer FOLLOWED THE RULE and Jones' lawyer failed to tell him to destroy it.  I mean....WOW. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

I'm just enjoying the **** out of watching him squirm and try his usual tricks and have that judge slap him back time and again and all but tell him he needs to act like an adult in her courtroom.
I hope they ruin him, and I hope that his lawyer's "mistake" nets all of them. ALL OF THEM.
This attorney for the parents is just loving let himself paint himself into a corner and then utterly destroying him.
And I get the feeling his own lawyer had an attack of conscience.

Burn Alex Jones.

~Bang

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

**** that guy.  

But also the fact that he's got a big enough audience to spread that bull**** to is astounding.  Either you tune in to hear how ridiculous he is which I don't believe anyone here would ever do...or you tune in because you agree with him.  

The fact that he exists is terrible, but the fact that there are a bunch of people out there that agree with him -who believe him- is just astounding.  I think we're pretty ****ed as a society if a guy like this has a platform large enough to where he's known in the mainstream. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

**** that guy.  

But also the fact that he's got a big enough audience to spread that bull**** to is astounding.  Either you tune in to hear how ridiculous he is which I don't believe anyone here would ever do...or you tune in because you agree with him.  

The fact that he exists is terrible, but the fact that there are a bunch of people out there that agree with him -who believe him- is just astounding.  I think we're pretty ****ed as a society if a guy like this has a platform large enough to where he's known in the mainstream. 

Not trying to be a jerk here, but Joe Rogan was pretty excited about having Mr Jones on his podcast about a year ago.  I suppose Mr. Jones was pretty excited too…for obvious reasons.

Birds of a feather…

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

What if I told you that the whole Q/child abuse angle was all projection?  Would you find that shocking?

I know this is old, but it did spark something I've been mulling in my mind about the state of the Right Wing these days.  Two accusations have become mainstream in the GOP - vile accusations that in the past would never be so cavalierly made.  One is leveled at individuals and one at democracy itself:

1. On a personal level, probably the most vile thing you can say about someone is that they are a pedophile.

Yet you see QAnon dip****s flat-out accusing Democratic party leaders of pedophilia. And "mainstream" Republicans do little to push back on the accusations. They just wink and nod about it, and even - in the case of the hearings for Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson, accuse her of siding with pedophiles as a tactic.  Leveling the most repugnant accusation imaginable against political opponents is pretty much a mainstream GOP talking point.

2.To a democracy, probably the most damaging thing you can say about its viability is that their elections are a fraud. 

Now you have most of the Republican party telling the American people they can't trust the election process. Kari Lake is running for Governor in Arizona on the platform that the 2020 election was stolen. There are many other examples.  GOP candidates for Secretary of State must ascribe to the lie to have any chance of winning their primary. Any incumbent who pushes back on the lie is ostracized by the party and primaried out. And it all goes back to Donald ****ing Trump, whose fragile ego couldn't handle the fact that he lost the election, and threw a hand grenade at the democratic process instead of conceding.

And yet, the right wing has embraced, with little to no evidence, both of these lines of attack. It's a low point in American politics that they need to pay for -dearly - at the polls. And for some, in the courts.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I know this is old, but it did spark something I've been mulling in my mind about the state of the Right Wing these days.  Two accusations have become mainstream in the GOP - vile accusations that in the past would never be so cavalierly made.  One is leveled at individuals and one at democracy itself:

1. On a personal level, probably the most vile thing you can say about someone is that they are a pedophile.

Yet you see QAnon dip****s flat-out accusing Democratic party leaders of pedophilia. And "mainstream" Republicans do little to push back on the accusations. They just wink and nod about it, and even - in the case of the hearings for Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson, accuse her of siding with pedophiles as a tactic.  Leveling the most repugnant accusation imaginable against political opponents is pretty much a mainstream GOP talking point.

2.To a democracy, probably the most damaging thing you can say about its viability is that their elections are a fraud. 

Now you have most of the Republican party telling the American people they can't trust the election process. Kari Lake is running for Governor in Arizona on the platform that the 2020 election was stolen. There are many other examples.  GOP candidates for Secretary of State must ascribe to the lie to have any chance of winning their primary. Any incumbent who pushes back on the lie is ostracized by the party and primaried out. And it all goes back to Donald ****ing Trump, whose fragile ego couldn't handle the fact that he lost the election, and threw a hand grenade at the democratic process instead of conceding.

And yet, the right wing has embraced, with little to no evidence, both of these lines of attack. It's a low point in American politics that they need to pay for -dearly - at the polls. And for some, in the courts.

About these two examples: 

#1 They've been laying on the pedophilia label for a while now, the first really public example was the pizza place basement headquarters for a paedophile ring including Hillary Clinton where the said pizza place didn't have a basement and some guy with an assault rifle approached the place intending to wipe out the false ring. It's a really big lie that still has teeth. I totally agree with your example as reprehensible lies that stay around.

#2 The election fraud lies are super dangerous. My nephew who lives in Stafford is a Trumper and I am not in contact with him. His Facebook page is littered with all Republican/Trump talking points and lies. I consider this example the most egregious because Republicans who don't agree with it aren't opening their mouths enough to put it down. At this point, any person regardless of political party who doesn't loudly proclaim election fraud the huge lie that it is and isn't doing anything to stop the people promoting it is basically supporting the lie. It's the main reason why I don't trust any Republican unless I hear from their mouths and actions that election fraud is a lie. That's first. Second is I check their voting record to see if their votes are obstructionist to support actual live human beings. So I really agree with your second example.

• Like 2

UPDATE 1-Judge denies Alex Jones request for mistrial in U.S. defamation case

A Texas judge on Thursday denied Alex Jones's motion for a mistrial in a defamation case over the U.S. conspiracy theorist’s false claims about the Sandy Hook mass shooting.

The mistrial request came after it was disclosed at trial that Jones's lawyer accidentally sent two years of the U.S. conspiracy theorist's text messages to the plaintiffs.

Federico Andino Reynal, an attorney for Jones, told Judge Maya Guerra Gamble that attorneys for the plaintiffs should have immediately destroyed the records. An attorney for the parents, Mark Bankston, used the texts to undercut Jones’ testimony during cross-examination Wednesday.

Click on the link for the full article

27 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I hope this ends with a moment like in The Verdict, where the jury asks the judge if they can assign a bigger judgment than what was requested.

It would be great if he hangs himself live on his show. Then we can all deny his existence. I will settle for him being financially destroyed and made an example of I guess. 

~not Bang but in his sprit 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

-----------------------

A Copy of Alex Jones’ Cellphone Will Be Turned Over to the January 6 Committee ‘Immediately’

After Wednesday’s revelation that an attorney for Alex Jones accidentally turned over a copy of his entire cellphone to the lawyers suing him on behalf of Sandy Hook parents, a couple of things were obvious. The first was that Alex Jones must be turning redder than ever; the second was that the Congressional committee holding hearings on the January 6 insurrection would probably want those records, too. In an emergency hearing this morning, an attorney for the Sandy Hook parents, Mark Bankston, confirmed that he’d had requests from “several law enforcement agencies,” including the January 6 committee, to turn over the phone data, and that he intends to do so “immediately.” 

Click on the link for the full article

flounder.gif

Oh boy, is this great!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6