Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Newsweek: Alex Jones and Other Conservatives Call For Civil War Against Liberals

Springfield

At what point will the judge have had enough of his **** and just lock him up for contempt?

Alex Jones attacks ‘lying’ judge in Sandy Hook case before she refuses to reconsider fines of up to $1.65m

Alex Jones verbally attacked the judge overseeing his legal battle with families of Sandy Hook massacre victims just as his lawyers tried - and failed - to have the court reconsider fines that could cost him up to $1.65m.

Connecticut Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis moved to hold Mr Jones in contempt of court for twice skipping a deposition related to the Sandy Hook case at a hearing on Wednesday. Her order included escalating fines starting at $25,000 for each day Mr Jones fails to sit for the deposition.

The deposition is in preparation for a jury trial to determine damages after Mr Jones was found guilty of defamation in multiple lawsuits last year over his false claims that the 2012 school shooting that left 26 dead was “a giant hoax”.

Two days before he was set to testify under oath last week on 23 March, Mr Jones’ lawyers made a last-ditch attempt to delay it by claiming he was too sick to attend due to unnamed “medical conditions” and that doctors had advised him to remain at home. Judge Bellis rejected the request to delay, but Mr Jones failed to show anyway.

Lawyers for the Infowars host filed a motion Thursday asking Judge Bellis to reconsider the fines in light of a newly-scheduled deposition on 11 April - arguing that it was unfair to require him to “pay fines totaling potentially $1.65 million for relying on a doctor’s note to not attend a deposition”.

Just as the motion was entered, Mr Jones aired his grievances with Judge Bellis on his show, branding her a liar and a “thing”.

“We got this judge up in Connecticut, if you could call it that — this thing that has just cheated us every way, lied about us, said we didn’t give them this, sanctioned us for not giving them the ‘Sandy Hook marketing,’” Mr Jones said, according to Media Matters. “It’s like saying give me the unicorn. Don’t have one, lady. I know you got a leprechaun.”

Click on the link for more

Alex Jones appears for questioning in Sandy Hook lawsuit

Alex Jones was being questioned Wednesday by lawyers for families of Sandy Hook victims in Connecticut, where a judge had ordered the Infowars host to face mounting fines until he appeared for a deposition.

Relatives of some of the 20 children and six educators killed in the 2012 Newtown, Connecticut, massacre sued Jones for defamation after he said the shooting never happened. A judge found Jones liable for damages and a trial on how much he should pay the families is set for August.

Jones, who lives in Texas, had defied a judge's order to appear for a deposition in the case, saying he was too ill. But Connecticut Judge Barbara Bellis said there wasn't enough evidence that Jones was too sick to attend and ordered him to come to Connecticut for questioning and pay escalating daily fines until he did so. Jones paid US$25,000 in fines for Friday and $50,000 in fines for Monday, according to court records.

A spokesperson for the families and their lawyers at Bridgeport-based Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder declined to comment on the deposition Wednesday.

Jones said in a video on the Infowars website that the deposition began Tuesday and was to continue Wednesday. He said in the video that the families' lawyers began the deposition by "demonizing" him for his questioning official versions of events.

"It's just totally insane to sit there and watch this happen and to watch them lick their lips and lick their chops and think we're going to finally shut Alex Jones down," Jones said. "These people want to put us in prison for our speech."

The plaintiffs have said they have been subjected to harassment and death threats from Jones' followers because of the hoax conspiracy promoted on his website show. Jones has since conceded the shooting did happen.

Click on the link for the full article

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like he's itching to get sued again:

Alex Jones claims the Buffalo grocery store shooting was a staged event

If your foreign multinational bank's imploding the world economy for a designed collapse, you're going to stir up every major group internally using sociology. So in Sri Lanka they'll play one group off against each other even though they're genetically the same people. Here in America we got historic beefs. Bad things have been done to certain people, play those up, divide everybody. This is very, very simple, and the system knows that, and they knew that this guy was planning to do this and they let him do it. That's come out in the news.

[...]

They're blaming everybody who has free speech saying you've got to lose your speech and your guns because of this, while they're literally flooding weapons to the Azov battalion Nazis in Ukraine. This is all extremely, extremely transparent. 

[...]

JONES: It's going to get a lot worse, folks. I mean, it's going to get bad, and they're going to have some more white supremists go out and do this. You know it's going to happen, and they're going to have some crazy brainwashed black people do the same damn thing, and they're going to sit here and play us all off against each other while they rape everybody and cut our power off and inflate everything and screw us. That's what pisses me off is the globalists are the enemy, they're on record, we don't have baby formula, and they've got some crazy person they knew was going to do this and they let him do it again. We exposed that at Parkland and they said that I said the shooting didn't happen, a damn lie. That I had students on that talked about how he was threatening to kill everybody and how they protected him and they said oh, Jones had fake people on, what they accused me of saying about them. 

[...]

People started grabbing clips Saturday on Twitter of me saying they're going to shoot up a black grocery store with a white supremist and they were mad at me on Twitter. I saw the comments like, how dare him say so soon it's staged. Those were clips a year and a half, a year ago, and last week. I didn't say that today. I said it before it happened because I know how the globalists operate and I know who they wind up and I know what they do. Folks do you hear me? Theodore Kaczynski, the unabomber worked for the CIA. It came out in court. The CIA was running him.

That's not true.  The Unabomber was in the MKUltra project, but it's not like he was mailing out bombs from his hilltop in Montana on behalf of the CIA.  The CIA wasn't "running" him.  

Man, Alex Jones is proof that you can sell your soul to the devil, spout crazy insane conspiracy theories and make a few million doing so.  It might be fun to try that since conspiracy theories can be fun but then again I have my dignity and a conscience.  

• 2 months later...

Alex Jones' Sandy Hook Defamation Trial Is Set To Begin. Here's How It Got To This Point.

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones will face a jury of his peers for the first time next week in a defamation trial to determine how much he will have to pay the parents of a child killed in a school shooting after he spent years peddling lies that the tragic ordeal never happened.

On Dec. 14, 2012, a gunman walked into Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut, and opened fire. He killed 20 children and six adults in a shooting that former President Barack Obama would later call the worst day of his presidency.

As the families of the dead mourned, the carnival-barker host of the conspiracy and disinformation outlet Infowars was working on his next big grift: convincing his listeners that the 6- and 7-year-old children who were killed, along with the adults who died trying to protect them, were part of an elaborate hoax.

It would mark the beginning of Jones’ many legal troubles to come.

“Folks, we’ve got video of Anderson Cooper with clear blue-screen out there,” Jones said in a 2014 Infowars segment about the CNN anchor interviewing victims of the tragedy two years later.

“He’s not there in the town square,” Jones continued. “We got people clearly coming up and laughing and then doing the fake crying. We’ve clearly got people where it’s actors playing different parts for different people, the building bulldozed, covering up everything.”

In 2016, Jones repeated the lie that the parents of dead kids were acting.

“I’ve watched a lot of soap operas, and I’ve seen actors before. And I know when I’m watching a movie and when I’m watching something real,” Jones said on his program.

The following year, Jones was still spreading the lie that the shooting was faked.

Jones’ dangerous lies had real-life consequences for victims of the shooting. In 2017, Florida woman Lucy Richards was sentenced to five months in prison for sending threats to parent Lenny Pozner, whose 6-year-old son, Noah, was killed in the shooting.

“You gonna die,” Richards told Pozner in one recorded voicemail message. “Death is coming to you real soon.”

As part of her sentence, Richards was ordered not to access Infowars.

“He knew his claims were false but he made them anyway to further a simple but pathetic goal: to make money by tearing away at the families’ pain,” Koskoff told HuffPost at the time. “This lawsuit seeks to hold Alex Jones and his financial network accountable for those disgraceful actions.”

For the next several years, Jones repeatedly failed in court as he attempted to avoid accountability.

Following the rulings against Jones, the Infowars host attempted to wriggle out of his responsibility to the parents of Sandy Hook by declaring bankruptcy just days before he was set to be put on trial in Austin, Texas, in April for one of his defamation cases.

The bankruptcy ploy worked in delaying the trial, but the law has once again caught up to Jones.

On Monday, a jury in Austin will be selected to determine how much Jones and Infowars will ultimately have to pay to parents Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, Jesse’s mother, for the pain he inflicted on them for more than half a decade after the death of their child.

Opening arguments start Tuesday at Travis County Court, and the trial will be open to the public.

The jury will look at two factors: How much Jones should pay for damages, and how much additional money he should pay based on his net worth. Jones has closely guarded his financial earnings for years, but there are clues that give a glimpse into how much his empire is worth.

For instance, HuffPost reported in January that the Infowars store ― which sells a hodgepodge of dietary supplements and survival gear ― sold $165 million in product from September 2015 to the end of 2018, according to court filings related to one of the defamation lawsuits Jones recently lost.

And in May, the SPLC reported that Jones had received nearly $8 million in the cryptocurrency Bitcoin from an anonymous donor.

Bankston, the attorney representing Heslin and Lewis, told HuffPost an expert witness will be called to testify about Jones’ finances.

Whatever Jones ends up having to pay, it won’t be the end of his financial bleeding. He’ll be back in a courtroom in September, this time in Connecticut, where a jury will determine how much he should pay to Sandy Hook families in a separate defamation lawsuit.

Detective: Alex Jones ‘most dangerous’ type of attack denier

The detective who led the investigation into the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School attack testified Tuesday that there are three types of people who deny that it happened and harass the victims’ families: the mentally ill, those who believed bad or incomplete information, and those who knew the truth but twisted it for their own “power or money.”

Investigators put conspiracy theorist Alex Jones in that final group.

“They were the most dangerous. That’s where we put Alex Jones,” Connecticut State Police Detective Daniel Jewiss told the jury on the first day of testimony in a Texas trial to determine how much Jones, who hosts Infowars, owes for defaming the parents of one of the children who died in the deadliest school shooting in American history.

“It’s absolutely horrific the amount of trauma they’ve had to endure in the wake of having lost a loved one,” said Jewiss, who called supporting the Sandy Hook families the “most honorable” thing he’s ever been part of.

Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, whose 6-year-old son Jesse was killed in the attack on the Newtown, Connecticut, school, are seeking $150 million for emotional distress and reputational damage that Jones caused them, and more money in punitive damages, their lawyer, Mark Bankston, told the court during his opening statement as Jones looked on, shaking his head at times.

Jones repeatedly “lied and attacked the parents of murdered children” when he told his Infowars audience that the shooting was a hoax, Bankston said. He created a “massive campaign of lies” and recruited “wild extremists from the fringes of the internet ... who were as cruel as Mr. Jones wanted them to be” to the families of the 20 first-graders and six educators who were killed, the lawyer said.

The jury could deal Jones a major financial blow that would put his constellation of conspiracy peddling businesses into deeper jeopardy. In addition to being banned from major social media platforms, he claims he’s millions of dollars in debt — a claim the plaintiffs reject.

The Texas court and another in Connecticut found Jones liable for defamation for his portrayal of the Sandy Hook massacre as a hoax involving actors aimed at increasing gun control. In both states, the judges issued default judgments against Jones without trials because he failed to respond to court orders and turn over documents.

In total, the families of eight Sandy Hook victims and an FBI agent who responded to the school are suing Jones and his company, Free Speech Systems.

Alex Jones arrives hours late to second day of Sandy Hook trial after decrying case as a ‘witch hunt’

Infowars founder Alex Jones showed up hours late for day two of his defamation trial on Wednesday, a day after a Texas judge told him off for moaning to media about the case within earshot of the jury.

The trial to determine how much in damages Mr Jones must pay the parents of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims for falsely claiming the attack began on Tuesday.

During a break in opening arguments, Mr Jones began ranting to reporters inside the Travis County Courthouse in Austin that the case was a “witch hunt”, Yahoo News reported.

Judge Maya Guerra Gamble reprimanded Mr Jones for the outburst.

Huffington Post reporter Sebastian Murdock, who is covering the trial, tweeted that Mr Jones didn’t turn up for Tuesday’s afternoon session, instead going on Infowars to call on protesters to show up to the courthouse.

Jones wasn’t present in court when the trial resumed on Wednesday morning, and no protesters showed up either, Mr Murdock said.

His lawyer had earlier told the court Jones may miss some of the trial due to “medical issues.”

Jone eventually arrived in time for the post-lunch session - but left after roughly an hour.

The trial proceeded in his absence with cross-examination of an Infowars corporate representative by Mark Bankston, an attorney for Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, whose six-year-old son Jesse was among the 20 children and six adults who were killed in the 2012 shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

Yeah, his only "medical issues" are his major mental malfunction.