Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Newsweek: Alex Jones and Other Conservatives Call For Civil War Against Liberals

Springfield

Would you go to war against your fellow Americans to show your support for President Donald Trump? For the last several months, that’s exactly what broadcaster Alex Jones—a favorite of the president—has been calling for.

In his radio show, on YouTube and on his Infowars website, Jones—who never met a conspiracy theory he didn’t like and who has pushed the notion that Sandy Hook was faked—has been announcing that the United States is on the verge of a bloody second civil war. Like the radio DJs in Rwanda, Jones has been egging on his conservative listeners and viewers—an estimated 2.7 million people monthly—to kill more liberal fellow citizens over their political differences.  

Jones is hardly alone in promoting this scary, emerging narrative on the right. The theme gained momentum after the shooting at the congressional baseball game last month. The day before the attack, on June 13, right wing broadcaster Michael Savage, host of syndicated show The Savage Nation, warned that “there’s going to be a civil war” because of “what this left-wing is becoming in this country.” After the baseball field shooting the next day, he said that he “know(s) what’s coming, and it’s going to get worse.” Savage also said of the shooting that “this blood is on [Democrats’] hands.”

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-alex-jones-infowars-violence-639912?amp=1

Edited by Destino

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is there a reason a majority of your post has a line through it?  Like is it supposed to mean something Im not getting or is it a mistake?

That's the signal. It's the liberal equivalent of the Hutu's "cut down the tall trees." I've always liked you GB so just wanted to give you a heads up.

17 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is there a reason a majority of your post has a line through it?  Like is it supposed to mean something Im not getting or is it a mistake?

No reason.  I'll try and fix.  Can't fix.  Glitch in the matrix.

Edited by Springfield

2 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Voting third party in the civil war is moving to another country. 

You a Canada or Russia guy? 

Naw, ya just sell weapons to both sides and yell sic em.

About the only way we will get a real 3rd party

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There are essentially two Americas right now. I wish Trump would just build the wall but instead build it around the garbage white trash states like Alabama and Mississippi and just put all the idiots there.

Oh sure but when I make a blanket statrment about a group of people, its frowned upon.  Im sure all the liberals in those states appreciate your point of view.  SMH.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I think we'll see a continuing increase in violence.  But war?   That's silly.  How would they identify each other?

One side will wear blue, the other grey.

Or coexist stickers vs Gadsden flags.

Edited by RedskinsFan44
  • Like 4

Oh God. 

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

About to be a circle jerk in the Tailgate for political threads vs. those who don't give a ****.  

Fixed

Anyway, I wish i didn't care about my country. Must be relaxing. 

2 hours ago, tshile said:

What do you do if you don't like either side all that much?

If I vote third party in a civil war did I waste my vote?

Go see a shrink. Really at this point I'm convinced you're just being obstinate for the sake of being obstinate. Something has happened to you that keeps you from committing to one side or the other. Not a fear of commitment. I'm thinking you're trying to have your cake and eat it to. Claim neither, piss off neither, be a above both. Less time looking at them and more time looking at yourself. And being completely honest throughout the process. 

You're welcome. First visit is free so don't worry. 

Oh and as I said before the election, repeatedly, go ask Otto Wels and Ernst Thälmann about voting third party and splitting the vote. Might get a gift basket from Putin though (probably not). 

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Voting third party in the civil war is moving to another country. 

You a Canada or Russia guy? 

Scandinavia is where I'd go

7 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

I think we'll see a continuing increase in violence.  But war?   That's silly.  How would they identify each other?

Listen for the rabble rabble and look for the foaming at the mouth

5 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Oh God. 

Fixed

Anyway, I wish i didn't care about my country. Must be relaxing. 

Go see a shrink. Really at this point I'm convinced you're just being obstinate for the sake of being obstinate. Something has happened to you that keeps you from committing to one side or the other. Not a fear of commitment. I'm thinking you're trying to have your cake and eat it to. Claim neither, piss off neither, be a above both. Less time looking at them and more time looking at yourself. And being completely honest throughout the process. 

You're welcome. First visit is free so don't worry. 

Oh and as I said before the election, repeatedly, go ask Otto Wels and Ernst Thälmann about voting third party and splitting the vote. Might get a gift basket from Putin though (probably not). 

I care, but I don't see how ranting and raving on the Tailgate necessarily fixes anything.  If it makes you feel good, fine.  If you like engaging in political conversations, that's fine, too.  But to have a dick measuring contest about how much you care vs. others that choose to spend their time in other ways is a bit silly, IMO.  But hey, you care more than me.  You win, Cap't America.

However the I think you'd agree that there isn't much intelligent and reasonable discourse in this country anymore (I know, I know, it's all the republicans fault, the left could NEVER do anything bad.  After all, it's just intelligent, intellectual people that could never be wrong).  And that's a turnoff, that's something I'd prefer not to engage in.  When I see the preschool kids that my mom teaches exercise more courtesy and act like adults more than some of our elected officials...well, you can probably understand how I feel.  

But hey, keep throwing bombs around here, accusing me of not caring and that tshile needs to go see a shrink.  Nice.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

An interesting dilemma..   liberals aren't any one color, and they don't have names or physical features that give them away.

So you'd need something like voting records....

Gee. What a coincidence.

**** these people. Alex Jones can choke on his breakfast and die.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3