Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Newsweek: Alex Jones and Other Conservatives Call For Civil War Against Liberals

Springfield

5 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Go see a shrink. Really at this point I'm convinced you're just being obstinate for the sake of being obstinate. Something has happened to you that keeps you from committing to one side or the other. Not a fear of commitment. I'm thinking you're trying to have your cake and eat it to. Claim neither, piss off neither, be a above both. Less time looking at them and more time looking at yourself. And being completely honest throughout the process. 

You're welcome. First visit is free so don't worry. 

Or maybe I just honestly think both sides are stupid, for different reasons, and still struggle to fathom how so many people can subscribe to one specific party across the board so easily. It makes me question how many people actually think for themselves.

I feel ripped off, how do I get my money back?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Or maybe I just honestly think both sides are stupid, for different reasons, and still struggle to fathom how so many people can subscribe to one specific party across the board so easily. It makes me question how many people actually think for themselves.

I feel ripped off, how do I get my money back?

Yep.  Pretty hilarious how one side feels that the other side is the problem.  The side you subscribe to could NEVER be bad.  THEY'RE THE ISSUE NOT ME!!! 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yep.  Pretty hilarious how one side feels that the other side is the problem.  The side you subscribe to could NEVER be bad.  THEY'RE THE ISSUE NOT ME!!! 

Dont get me wrong, the right has a serious stupidity/racism/bigotry issue going on right now and I don't think it should be ignored...

But I do enjoy watching anyone on either extreme lecturing someone more in the middle about their political leanings.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

Dont get me wrong, the right has a serious stupidity/racism/bigotry issue going on right now and I don't think it should be ignored...

But I do enjoy watching anyone on either extreme lecturing someone more in the middle about their political leanings.

No, I totally agree.  The right does have serious issues.  

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I care, but I don't see how ranting and raving on the Tailgate necessarily fixes anything.  If it makes you feel good, fine.  If you like engaging in political conversations, that's fine, too.  But to have a dick measuring contest about how much you care vs. others that choose to spend their time in other ways is a bit silly, IMO.  But hey, you care more than me.  You win, Cap't America.

However the I think you'd agree that there isn't much intelligent and reasonable discourse in this country anymore (I know, I know, it's all the republicans fault, the left could NEVER do anything bad.  After all, it's just intelligent, intellectual people that could never be wrong).  And that's a turnoff, that's something I'd prefer not to engage in.  When I see the preschool kids that my mom teaches exercise more courtesy and act like adults more than some of our elected officials...well, you can probably understand how I feel.  

But hey, keep throwing bombs around here, accusing me of not caring and that tshile needs to go see a shrink.  Nice.  

You didn't hear that the next G20 summit is going to be held online in the ES Tailgate?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

There are essentially two Americas right now. I wish Trump would just build the wall but instead build it around the garbage white trash states like Alabama and Mississippi and just put all the idiots there.

Its not just them.

Joe and Fran who live just outside of a big city probably voted for Trump too. We will have to build SNL-like bubbles, lol.

As for the article, its probably coming. That is what the insane right wing want. They want to do the Civil War again to make sure the "right" side wins.

11 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

I think we'll see a continuing increase in violence.  But war?   That's silly.  How would they identify each other?

Haven't you heard? Liberals have genetically engineered gills so they can breathe underwater. Just ask Alex Jones.

2 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Haven't you heard? Liberals have genetically engineered gills so they can breathe underwater. Just ask Alex Jones.

Those could come in handy escaping the inquisition.

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

well, if both sides believe they're morally right, why shouldn't they feel that way?

9 minutes ago, carex said:

well, if both sides believe they're morally right, why shouldn't they feel that way?

it seems to me one would have to do some serious mental gymnastics to subscribe across the board to one party and justify it using morals.

not that they don't tell themselves that's why they do it, though.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

it seems to me one would have to do some serious mental gymnastics to subscribe across the board to one party and justify it using morals.

not that they don't tell themselves that's why they do it, though.

more likely they decide what they believe then pick out the party, there only being two significant parties in the US has narrowed it down to if one party believes one thing the other belives the opposite in most cases where there's a question.  Of course the two people who vote may not lockstep with each party, but then you just have to prioritize

Everything Alex Jones does boils down to the fact that he wants you to buy his super powerful male vitality supplement pills. 

Nothing describes his follower base better than the fact that he sells them male vitality and brain enhancement junk pills by the truckload. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, carex said:

more likely they decide what they believe then pick out the party, there only being two significant parties in the US has narrowed it down to if one party believes one thing the other belives the opposite in most cases where there's a question.  Of course the two people who vote may not lockstep with each party, but then you just have to prioritize

Right, I understand that, but this goes so far beyond that.

For instance... I can find faults with both parties' policies, despite also finding things I like.

But when I point out what I don't like about democrats I'm stunned listening to the defense i receive from people that usually identify as democrats. Same with the conservatives/GOP.  Often times in my head, with people I know well, I'm thinking something along the lines of: That's not at all the person you are, you don't actually think that way, and if I could remove Republican/Democrat from the issue you wouldn't think that at all.

To the point where their allegiance appears to be with the team, not any particular set of morals. They only claim moral reasoning when it suits them (and conveniently ignore it when said morals contradict with some other policy they're defending because their team picked it.)

There are a lot of people you can pick where they will fall on an issue not based on the merits of the issue, but simply which side each party has staked out. That's not using morals for anything, that's picking a team and defending them the same way some of us do (or used to do) for the Redskins or any other team sport.

Except that politics and voting actually matters...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, carex said:

That is NOT what it means, but the two party system wants you to believe that it does.  There are Democrats who are against abortion and for gun rights.  There are Republicans who support abortion and are anti-gun.  Neither side will acknowledge that. Instead, they want you vote by party - either straight D or Straight R.  The informed voter who bases decisions on issues is actually the enemy of both parties.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

Right, I understand that, but this goes so far beyond that.

For instance... I can find faults with both parties' policies, despite also finding things I like.

But when I point out what I don't like about democrats I'm stunned listening to the defense i receive from people that usually identify as democrats. Same with the conservatives/GOP.  Often times in my head, with people I know well, I'm thinking something along the lines of: That's not at all the person you are, you don't actually think that way, and if I could remove Republican/Democrat from the issue you wouldn't think that at all.

To the point where their allegiance appears to be with the team, not any particular set of morals. They only claim moral reasoning when it suits them (and conveniently ignore it when said morals contradict with some other policy they're defending because their team picked it.)

There are a lot of people you can pick where they will fall on an issue not based on the merits of the issue, but simply which side each party has staked out. That's not using morals for anything, that's picking a team and defending them the same way some of us do (or used to do) for the Redskins or any other team sport.

Except that politics and voting actually matters...

oh really?  People against gay marriage but for a strong social safety net because of what the bible says about sex and about caring for people have moral reasons for each but have to pick a side because current orthodoxy in the US parties put those moral issues on opposite sides

meanwhile people for gay marriage because it's not the government's business but against the strong safety net because they believe any large gov't will go wrong and hurt people are also deciding something for moral reasons but have to make a decision

11 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Something has happened to you that keeps you from committing to one side or the other.

Committing to either side seems unwise to me. Look at the people who blindly defend Trump and the GOP. I suspect if the left started carrying on similarly, there's a percentage of the base who would follow in stride.

25 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

That is NOT what it means, but the two party system wants you to believe that it does.  There are Democrats who are against abortion and for gun rights.  There are Republicans who support abortion and are anti-gun.  Neither side will acknowledge that. Instead, they want you vote by party - either straight D or Straight R.  The informed voter who bases decisions on issues is actually the enemy of both parties.

they don't acknowledge them because there's not enough people on each side who combine those two opinions to shift the party platform

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Committing to either side seems unwise to me. Look at the people who blindly defend Trump and the GOP. I suspect if the left started carrying on similarly, there's a percentage of the base who would follow in stride.

well, there's a reason that's a mistake, unless you like gridlocked government.  Te two sides dislike each others policies so much right now, that switching out repeatedly just means they next Congress and Pres spends their time undoing what the previous one did

24 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

What, there aren't already?

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What, there aren't already?

They exist. We just don't have comparable actions and behavior from the left to expose them.

22 minutes ago, carex said:

well, there's a reason that's a mistake, unless you like gridlocked government.  Te two sides dislike each others policies so much right now, that switching out repeatedly just means they next Congress and Pres spends their time undoing what the previous one did

I'm unclear what you're saying here. Commitment or non-commitment leads to gridlocked government?

43 minutes ago, carex said:

oh really?  People against gay marriage but for a strong social safety net because of what the bible says about sex and about caring for people have moral reasons for each but have to pick a side because current orthodoxy in the US parties put those moral issues on opposite sides

meanwhile people for gay marriage because it's not the government's business but against the strong safety net because they believe any large gov't will go wrong and hurt people are also deciding something for moral reasons but have to make a decision

You're talking about when someone goes to cast their vote. And I agree with you fully.

I'm talking about when you're sitting around having a beer with your friends and one of the left/right wing team players finds a way to defend everything their team is doing and criticize everything the other is doing.

I realize when given two choices you have to prioritize and pick the one that's best for you, and that doesn't mean you side with them on everything.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I feel that way and I don't subscribe to either side. I mean, both parties have their issues and I think we'd all be better off if there were a party-less system. It's not even close which one is worse right now though. The GOP is an absolute abomination.