Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Newsweek: Alex Jones and Other Conservatives Call For Civil War Against Liberals

Springfield

4 minutes ago, China said:

Weill, they've already done something.  That's issue a Warning Letter (link to the actual letter on FDA's website) which is a first step regulatory action.  Should he fail to comply with the letter there can be various subsequent actions including product seizures, fines, etc.  From my experience in the industry, the FDA takes these these things very seriously, and the people at FDA are not politically motivated.  I would not be surprised to see further action if he fails to comply.

I have no doubt that the bureaucrat who wrote the letter was sincere.  

I also have no doubt that if you travel up the Org Chart above that person's box, you will reach an absolutely corrupt Trumppie who is willing to do anything, no matter how immoral, just because he thinks (correctly) that his Master wants him to do it.  

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

I have no doubt that the bureaucrat who wrote the letter was sincere.  

I also have no doubt that if you travel up the Org Chart above that person's box, you will reach an absolutely corrupt Trumppie who is willing to do anything, no matter how immoral, just because he thinks (correctly) that his Master wants him to do it.  

I guess I'm not as disillusioned as you, at least with regard to the FDA.  Do you think Dr. Stephen Hahn is a corrupt Trumppie?  I think that remains to be seen.

These people (white, conservative dudes) who keep talking about another civil war, as in they're going to start one, are morons. They seem to think they're going to be fighting against liberals and old ladies. No, you're going to be fighting against the US military, the same military you piss your pants over standing for during the National Anthem. That same military is going to wipe you out and I hope they do, go one and try to rise again.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

These people (white, conservative dudes) who keep talking about another civil war, as in they're going to start one, are morons. They seem to think they're going to be fighting against liberals and old ladies. No, you're going to be fighting against the US military, the same military you piss your pants over standing for during the National Anthem. That same military is going to wipe you out and I hope they do, go one and try to rise again.

I see this argument a lot.  Do you have any idea how much of the military are conservative white dudes?  To think it is that simple is just lazy.

18 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I see this argument a lot.  Do you have any idea how much of the military are conservative white dudes?  To think it is that simple is just lazy.

Yeah.  Not at all like assuming that the military won't defend the country against an armed uprising, because of their racial makeup.  :) 

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yeah.  Not at all like assuming that the military won't defend the country against an armed uprising, because of their racial makeup.  :) 

Sounds pretty easy to me. Even if some did defect from the military to fight against it, they still wouldn't have the numbers or resources to beat the the US military.

27 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Actually, I think what he said was 100% correct. They would have to fight the US Military. Unless you are saying the entirety of the nation's armed forces/police would secede, which is just as lazy.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Actually, I think what he said was 100% correct. They would have to fight the US Military. Unless you are saying the entirety of the nation's armed forces/police would secede, which is just as lazy.

Not saying the entirety.  But you wouldn’t need a whole lot to start crippling the processes.  Add in some defecting police and National Guard and it could get ugly.  Not saying the military would lose.  Just saying it would really get messy.  Hell, spend some time around some grunts and see what their political persuasions are.  Or go on base and see the bumper stickers.  Imagine Trump after losing says the election was rigged and he needs to stay in office.  Some would try to forcefully remove him (which would be justified).  You don’t think that would get messy?  Or that at least a chunk would stick with Trump thus causing some level of “civil war”?

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not saying the entirety.  But you wouldn’t need a whole lot to start crippling the processes.  Add in some defecting police and National Guard and it could get ugly.  Not saying the military would lose.  Just saying it would really get messy.  Hell, spend some time around some grunts and see what their political persuasions are.  Or go on base and see the bumper stickers.  Imagine Trump after losing says the election was rigged and he needs to stay in office.  Some would try to forcefully remove him (which would be justified).  You don’t think that would get messy?  Or that at least a chunk would stick with Trump thus causing some level of “civil war”?

Not enough to keep him in power. 

That alone should be enough to make folks think twice, see Turkey and Syria insurrection attempts.

Or at least it should...im not convinced secret service doesn't jus walk him out the door when Biden walks in, don't they have gun torrents on top of the White House?  Who's gonna run up on that?

25 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You won’t even post many of your thoughts on a message board because of your respect for the uniform and protocol etc. 

you seem to think there is an abundance of less honorable military members that would not only walk away from the military but also take up arms against it as well to follow their political beliefs?

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That alone should be enough to make folks think twice

What makes you think they have even thought once?

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You won’t even post many of your thoughts on a message board because of your respect for the uniform and protocol etc. 

you seem to think there is an abundance of less honorable military members that would not only walk away from the military but also take up arms against it as well to follow their political beliefs?

Actually I would call it confusion that would drive them.  The president that they support (Trump) is defending the sanctity of the office and our electoral system to fight against vast voter fraud trying to toss out the rightful president (saying this could be their thought, not that it is correct).  That would be vs those that believe the election is valid and the announced winner is the rightful holder of the office.

As to the thoughts I post, I usually don’t have too much issue posting thoughts.  It is opinions on policy or based on info I can’t share that I hold back on.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I come from a multi-generation military family @TheGreatBuzz, so I unfortunately know how it is.

It would definitely be messy, but I've met quite a bit right leaning types (not far right, mind you), and while they may have the beliefs that they do, I dont believe they'd all betray their country. Not enough of them.

Not enough to win.  Enough to make it messy, even worse if it is just enough to inspire others.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What makes you think they have even thought once?

I would figure a lot of the folks in the military that would consider an insurrection or insurgency have come close to one or seen a failed one in person the last 20 years.  I'm not sure how much thinking is required on that one when you see it with your own eyes, but I can't speak for them.

On 4/10/2020 at 7:58 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

I come from a multi-generation military family @TheGreatBuzz, so I unfortunately know how it is.

It would definitely be messy, but I've met quite a bit right leaning types (not far right, mind you), and while they may have the beliefs that they do, I dont believe they'd all betray their country. Not enough of them.

Maybe it would be messy.  But ultimately it would wipe out a bunch of ****ed up, ignorant people who took up arms against the U.S., who lived their paranoid lives believing stupid conspiracy theories, and who pledged their loyalty to an immoral, sociopathic con man. No big loss. 

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2020 at 7:58 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

It only takes a core of dedicated psychos to get the ball rolling.

A civil war theses days isn't going to be geographic regions shooting at each other. It would be a group taking power through elections, then dismantling the democratic system to maintain power (sound familiar?).  Step two is getting enough of the military and police to start enforcing the new regime brutally enough against the undesirables to stamp out opposition and to intimidate the middle into silence. 

The new government would create or identify some evil in the society which must be defeated for the sake of "freedom" or perhaps "liberty" and official state news will push hard on that narrative while dissenting news and information outlets will be silenced through laws and intimidation. The undesirables would be rounded up and either disappeared or re-educated. 

More of what happened in Argentina and Chile when the military took over to "prevent communism." 

• Like 2

@kfrankieimage.gif.68b22ece35585448ade488d4416cd8ee.gif

So I know this isn't a civil war thread, but explain to me how that would work logistically?  Would like, half the army fight for the blue and half for the red?  Would it go base by base, with the bases in red States fighting for red, blue bases for blue?  Branch by branch?   Civilians vs. Military?  Would Hogan square off against Cuomo?

Does anyone here realize how much our military has changed since 1860?  I know it's a fantasy for some of you, but reality is that there will not be a civil war because it would be impossible to divide our armed forces. Practically speaking too, the idealigies are no longer aligned as strictly along geographical lines.  For the radical guys in this thread, ask yourself this: Would you be willing to drive a tank down Peachtree Street in Atlanta, heart of the south? Gonna have to kill a lot of very successful black people if you do that.

Now, a war with one of these bad foreign actors (nk, Iran), I can see that possibility.  Seems like a good time to test the resolve of our nation.

Your post probably fits better here.

As for an answer to your question, who the **** knows.  If I had to guess, it would probably be somewhat similar to what we have seen in Venezuela recently.  If Trump somehow declared himself President forever or canceled elections, would California and maybe some other western states say **** it and break off?  Possibly.  Or mass rioting in a blue state causing Trump to attempt to federalize the national guard there.  Then them telling Trump to kick rocks.  What then?  But realistically, no one knows.  These last few years should have taught us all that trying to guess the future is impossible.  But I think saying this is not possible (or at very least some extrememly violent civil unrest) is being niave.  Hell, 6 years ago we all would have swore there was zero chance of Trump becoming president, especially losing to a powerhouse like Hillary.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

While I can see some military personnel join Trump; would they take the military hardware with them? Planes,ships, tanks, bombs?

A civil war would probably be more like the Hatfields vs McCoy’s. City gangs vs rednecks.

Curious why you think only some if any of the military would follow trump?  As for hardware, I guess it would depend on what the commander on the ground says and if the people under him followed.  Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I will do what I think is right.  I’m very moralistic that way, sometimes even if it means cutting my nose off in spite of my face.

Man, there's an ambiguous answer.......

But to be honest, just from what I've seen of you here, I expect I'd be ok with your decision

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2