Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Newsweek: Alex Jones and Other Conservatives Call For Civil War Against Liberals

Springfield

Alex Jones Arrested for DWI

March 10, 2020

Will Sommer, Daily Beast

200310-Sommer-Alex-Jones-tease_gtuich

Prominent right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones was arrested early Tuesday morning on charges of driving while intoxicated, according to law enforcement. 

Jones, who as host of the Austin-based InfoWars conspiracy theory outlet has become a prominent force on the fringe right, was arrested on a class-B misdemeanor DWI charge, according to a spokeswoman for the Travis County sheriff’s department. Jones was booked into the Travis County Jail in Austin at 12:37 AM, and released on bond at 4:11 AM.

Court records about Jones’s arrest weren’t immediately available. InfoWars didn’t respond to a request for comment.

An article on the InfoWars website claimed that Jones was “caught up in a Travis Co. DWI dragnet.” In the story, Jones said he had been “drinking a small amount of sake at a Japanese restaurant.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-arrested-on-dwi-charge

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/2/2019 at 9:25 PM, @SkinsGoldPants said:

He hates gays. He hates Jews. Sounds pretty right wing. 

No, terrorist. It’s only right-wing when white men hold such views. Anyone else does and it’s terrorism.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:58 PM, Cooked Crack said:

luls

I’d like to think I’m the first person on social media to call them all the terms black folks reserve for sellouts.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

For the hundredth time (probably), it's a damn shame no one has killed this man yet.

No no no no!

I want him to die from covid 19.

Then they can play clips of Trump calling it a hoax while covering his obituary, and...it will discredit all that awful snake oil health crap he peddles on his broadcasts.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, c slag said:

I think probably mandatory alchohol counseling, plus one of those breath machines in his car for one year ,so if he is drinking the car shuts off , and $1,000s of dollars in fines and court fees 

Sad how lax the punishments for DUI are.  No wonder so many people still do it.  I’d like to release from jail people convicted of pot possession and allocate those spots to DUI offenders.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Sad how lax the punishments for DUI are.  No wonder so many people still do it.  I’d like to release from jail people convicted of pot possession and allocate those spots to DUI offenders.  

Especially now when a person can easily have an uber or lift app on their phone, and a ride arriving in a matter of minutes 

15 hours ago, c slag said:

I think probably mandatory alchohol counseling, plus one of those breath machines in his car for one year ,so if he is drinking the car shuts off , and $1,000s of dollars in fines and court fees 

My neighbor above me has one of those breath machines. Heard her on Monday, talking on the phone on her balcony when I took Dancer out, trying to figure out how to defeat it, like having her friend blow into it to start the car. She got the machine after a property accident conviction. Sad.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

My neighbor above me has one of those breath machines. Heard her on Monday, talking on the phone on her balcony when I took Dancer out, trying to figure out how to defeat it, like having her friend blow into it to start the car. She got the machine after a property accident conviction. Sad.

Wait, was she drunk when it happened? If not, I don't get why she'd have a breath machine thing.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Wait, was she drunk when it happened? If not, I don't get why she'd have a breath machine thing.

Oh yes, she's a drinker. She likes Sutters Farm little bottles of white zin. Sometimes I find them in front of my porch. She ran into and damaged a sign for the neighborhood next to us, big rock chunks, took out a sign too. She needs to be off the road. Damaged her car too, she got it fixed asap. She's in her late 20s.

Im certainly not an addiction counselor by any means, but if you have a breath machine in your car and are trying to find ways around it so you can still drink and drive, that sounds like a serious alcohol addiction problem 

17 minutes ago, c slag said:

Im certainly not an addiction counselor by any means, but if you have a breath machine in your car and are trying to find ways around it so you can still drink and drive, that sounds like a serious alcohol addiction problem 

Yeah I'd think so too. Especially considering the likely repercussions if you're either caught trying to cheat it or you fail it. I don't know that much about DWI laws but I'd assume the court would not be pleased.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Larry said:

Odds of the Trump administration doing a single thing to Alex Jones for promoting false Covid cures?  

Weill, they've already done something.  That's issue a Warning Letter (link to the actual letter on FDA's website) which is a first step regulatory action.  Should he fail to comply with the letter there can be various subsequent actions including product seizures, fines, etc.  From my experience in the industry, the FDA takes these these things very seriously, and the people at FDA are not politically motivated.  I would not be surprised to see further action if he fails to comply.