Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

5 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

I couldn't believe they did the exact same schtick. Things considered for the pre-game spectacle in Vegas that were considered, but ultimately not used: Elvis impersonators. Skating showgirls. A live tiger. Saw that in an NPR article yesterday. 

I saw 5 or 6 Elvis impersonators in the stands during game one, so they WERE there.

Can't wait to Vegas to have some losing seasons, we'll see how many of their fans keep showing up.  Ask Denver, Dallas, Carolina, NJ, etc how it's working out since winning cups.

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

Also worth noting, Tuch didn't have a ton of space. Tough to elevate when everything's moving and you have limited space to shoot.

The hockey gods gave Vegas the nicest of bounces there, they executed a great pass, but Holtby just went Ultra-Instinct.

I was going to say the same thing, Tuch had very little time and space.  

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

If we win the Cup, The Save will be this generations 70 Chip

I think it's closer to the Darryl Grant play in that season's NFC Championship Game. Amazing play, but wasn't the play that WON the title. Something iconic will happen over the next 3 wins if they are to win the Stanley Cup that will become more like the Riggo play that literally won the Super Bowl. 

2 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Also worth noting, Tuch didn't have a ton of space. Tough to elevate when everything's moving and you have limited space to shoot.

The hockey gods gave Vegas the nicest of bounces there, they executed a great pass, but Holtby just went Ultra-Instinct.

Plus, that puck was rolling on Tuch. I doubt he would have been able to elevate it that much anyways.

It was interesting watching Gallant's presser. He sounded a little testy at one point, but he also doesn't seem to think he needs to make any adjustments in the next game.

I get that, but if they lose the next one and do so because they Caps picket fence was in full effect, what does he do? Has Vegas had to adjust to anyone yet in these playoffs? I don't think they have and it'll be interesting to see how they handle that.

33 minutes ago, maxspruill21 said:

I wonder when we will get an update on Kuznetsov. 

I doubt we get anything until game lineups come out.  He cant be replaced on the roster (right?) so their is no advantage to letting Vegas know his status.

Woke up this morning in a good mood - especially since I remembered there's another expansion-era team with a longer, Stanley Cup dry streak than the Caps.

8QraS6D__400x400.jpg

Got swept in the final 3 times and haven't even been to The Show since this:

orr2.jpg

****ing brutal, man. 

36 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Plus, that puck was rolling on Tuch. I doubt he would have been able to elevate it that much anyways.

It was interesting watching Gallant's presser. He sounded a little testy at one point, but he also doesn't seem to think he needs to make any adjustments in the next game.

I get that, but if they lose the next one and do so because they Caps picket fence was in full effect, what does he do? Has Vegas had to adjust to anyone yet in these playoffs? I don't think they have and it'll be interesting to see how they handle that.

That's the rub with Gallant.  He made zero adjustments as the HC in Florida. His team played the way his team played, be it the 1st period of game 1 or the 3rd period of game 82. Gallant was a good hire for Vegas, but he has never been able to hang around long as a HC. There were questions when he was hired whether he will be the right choice in year 4.

Vegas has not had to make any adjustments so far. LA couldn't score in the first round (3 goals in 4 games).  The Sharks are probably the team that tested Vegas the most, but they were missing important pieces on offense (14 goals in 6 games). The Jets scored 4 goals in game 1 of the WCF, but 1 or 2 the rest of the series (10 goals in 5 games).  All indications are that Gallant will roll the exact gameplan for the entire series...

Ive heard a bunch of people say we had puck luck last night.  I call BS on that.  The bounce before The Save was brutal, we hit the pipe a few times, had players fall on crappy ice etc.  We overcame puck luck last night.

Anyone know if any local stores like Dicks or Modells are carrying these jerseys?

http://shop.nhl.com/Jerseys/Mens_Washington_Capitals_Alexander_Ovechkin_Fanatics_Branded_Red_2018_Stanley_Cup_Final_Bound_Home_Breakaway_Player_Jersey

I'm sure you can get them at the official store at the arena but I don't plan on trekking down there.  It would be cool to get one of those with the emblem on them.

10 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Anyone know if any local stores like Dicks or Modells are carrying these jerseys?

http://shop.nhl.com/Jerseys/Mens_Washington_Capitals_Alexander_Ovechkin_Fanatics_Branded_Red_2018_Stanley_Cup_Final_Bound_Home_Breakaway_Player_Jersey

I'm sure you can get them at the official store at the arena but I don't plan on trekking down there.  It would be cool to get one of those with the emblem on them.

I wish the Stanley Cup Jersey was available in the 3rd Jersey. I might be in the minority, but I'm not a huge fan of the jersey (Current) that replaced the eagle/Capitol dome. 

23 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

I wish the Stanley Cup Jersey was available in the 3rd Jersey. I might be in the minority, but I'm not a huge fan of the jersey (Current) that replaced the eagle/Capitol dome. 

I loathed the eagle.  Glad they are at least a bit closer to the all time greatest uniform in sports, the sweaters the wore for the first 20 years

Didn't catch this last night. What's the point of giving out penalties after the game is over? I don't think he actually got a game misconduct though so... what does this do? Just a $100 fine? Speeding tickets cost more than that.

Edit: Maybe it was a game misconduct after all? So one more and it's an automatic one-game suspension.

0EZuile.gif

10 minutes ago, zoony said:

I loathed the eagle.  Glad they are at least a bit closer to the all time greatest uniform in sports, the sweaters the wore for the first 20 years

Also glad the Caps and the Wizards are going back to the red, white, and blue color scheme. That weird dark blue, black, and bronze scheme they had in the late 1990s and through the 2000s never did anything for me. Almost glad D.C. didn't have a baseball team at that time - would have been kinda rough to see them trot out onto the diamond in those colors, too.

They'll never go back to the original sweaters I'm sure but I'll take the current ones over the Olie the Goalie era uniforms.

34 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Didn't catch this last night. What's the point of giving out penalties after the game is over? I don't think he actually got a game misconduct though so... what does this do? Just a $100 fine? Speeding tickets cost more than that.

Edit: Maybe it was a game misconduct after all? So one more and it's an automatic one-game suspension.

0EZuile.gif

Damn. He should be suspended. At the least they should start the game with that five minute penalty.

I just ran to Dicks in Columbia and they don't have the Stanley Cup patch jerseys.  They only had authentic Ovi jerseys too.  They had a ton of shirts and the conference winner shirts.  I also called Modells in Arrundel Mills and they don't have the jerseys with the patch.  I wonder if online, or even down at the team shop, are the only places to get them.

Archived