Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

20 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

If you go to the game this weekend, be sure to paint your face.

https://media.giphy.com/media/WT15DgrQiUYH6/giphy-downsized-large.gif

4e38e6abfdea6767b02a2fc1bbccec1a.jpg

If you're going to show face painting, at least go with a Caps picture, not the Devils.  Saw this guy on the postgame show from the last game.  He was in attendance at Capital One Arena last game.

IMG_4507-610x400.jpg

I'd like to see some of our local athletes at Games 3 and/or 4. Nats are on the road so they can't attend Game 3 but they got an off day and are at home Tuesday so there should be good Nat representation Game 4. Would be cool to see some Wiz and/or Skins there too.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd like to see some of our local athletes at Games 3 and/or 4. Nats are on the road so they can't attend Game 3 but they got an off day and are at home Tuesday so there should be good Nat representation Game 4. Would be cool to see some Wiz and/or Skins there too.

Bryce will be there in a VGK jersey

30 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Bryce will be there in a VGK jersey

I mean, its his hometown team, I won't kill him for that, but it'd be cool to see entire blocks of Wiz/Skins/Nats players, kinda like when the Wiz showed up to the support the Caps in Game 7 vs. the Islanders a couple years back.

40 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean, its his hometown team, I won't kill him for that, but it'd be cool to see entire blocks of Wiz/Skins/Nats players, kinda like when the Wiz showed up to the support the Caps in Game 7 vs. the Islanders a couple years back.

**** him, he can watch it at home like the rest of the Vegas fans.

Just now, Springfield said:

**** him, he can watch it at home like the rest of the Vegas fans.

This.

I dont give a **** that hes from Vegas.  He wasnt a fan of the Knights as a kid, so he's been rooting for someone else for years.  And if that team wasnt the Caps, then **** him for that too.  

6 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

This.

I dont give a **** that hes from Vegas.  He wasnt a fan of the Knights as a kid, so he's been rooting for someone else for years.  And if that team wasnt the Caps, then **** him for that too.  

But the knights weren’t around when he was a kid. I’m not backing Bryce Harper  but you can’t be mad at the guy for being a Knights fan. He was born and raised in Vegas and had no teams to root for growing up, he’s loyal to his hometown just as we are loyal to the DMV. If Vegas had a baseball team I’m sure he would do what he could to play for them. Side note I hope he shows up to the game Monday and gets smothered by fans and feels terrible about rooting against DC to get a championship. We all know the Nats history so we can’t bet on him to bring a trophy to DC so **** em

Agreed - I'll give Bryce some leeway on that. It's like when I lived in North Carolina - I could have switched allegiances to the Braves or the Panthers or any of the other teams down there but even as a kid, I repped my hometown and the surrounding area. Hell, even before the Nats came, I wasn't inclined to pull for the O's. Baltimore is Baltimore and I wasn't about to pull for any ball team that didn't represent D.C. or the D.C. area so I went without a baseball team until I was 14. 

Bryce's a Vegas boy and now his city has a big league squad. Let him enjoy it. Mind you, I hope he doesn't show up at the arena in a Golden Knights sweater but I don't have any beef with him over this. 

I'm not saying the Caps should invite Harper to be a member of the local athlete entourage, but if he goes to the game on his own dime accord and reps the Golden Knights...I mean to each his own.

I think we'll have plenty of fan support anyway.

57 minutes ago, maxspruill21 said:

But the knights weren’t around when he was a kid. I’m not backing Bryce Harper  but you can’t be mad at the guy for being a Knights fan. He was born and raised in Vegas and had no teams to root for growing up, he’s loyal to his hometown just as we are loyal to the DMV. If Vegas had a baseball team I’m sure he would do what he could to play for them. Side note I hope he shows up to the game Monday and gets smothered by fans and feels terrible about rooting against DC to get a championship. We all know the Nats history so we can’t bet on him to bring a trophy to DC so **** em

If the Rays play the Nats for the title.  I’ll be the guy in Rays gear.  The Nats were not around when i was growing up.   DC is his town now and has been for year with a hockey team. 

Or maybe this is really a glimpse into his true feelingss about DC

Just saw Ovechkin at the grocery store. Said good luck tomorrow and he muttered thanks. I think he may have wanted to check me into the shelf. 

Now I have to go to the game tomorrow. Anyone else going? $1,000 per ticket after fees is painful though and they don't seem to be dropping.

Archived