Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

48 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I thought that if you received a major penalty at the conclusion of any game then it was an automatic suspension for the next game.

I just quickly looked at the rule book and didn't see anything about this.

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I just quickly looked at the rule book and didn't see anything about this.

I hadn’t seen anything about it on the webs so i figured it was just me mis-remembering anyhow.

I hope Kuzy is ok but I’m not very hopeful.

20 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Reposting-

Can someone explain the playoff roster rules?

23 active roster limit gets lifted after trade deadline, thus the team is free to draw their 20 man game roster from the 50 contract roster.  I believe that carries through the playoff.

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

23 active roster limit gets lifted after trade deadline, thus the team is free to draw their 20 man game roster from the 50 contract roster.  I believe that carries through the playoff.

So no reason to say what Kuzy status is before the 20 man roster is released.

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

So no reason to say what Kuzy status is before the 20 man roster is released.

Absolutely not.  I doubt we'll get anything from Trotz nor should we.  I believe the NHL does require teams to announce if the player will miss an upcoming game, but we'll probably get upper body injury, day to day.  

5 hours ago, Destino said:

A mob of fans celebrating in the middle of DC and no one has a drum? 

WE NEED MORE COW BELL.

5 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

My heart rate during the holtby save.   /\_/\_/\_/\__________________/\_/\_/\

Mine was more 

/\__/\__/\_/\_/\/\/\____________________________/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\_/\_/\_/\_/\__/\__/\

Translation: Saw the play develop, the pass, thought they scored, died, found out they didn't, heart racing, back to "normal..."

4 hours ago, RFK Lives said:

During Caps pre-game when they were outside, right at the end, did anybody see the 2 Vegas fans, younger girls, flicking each other off?  Great timing with the camera, my wife walked by and said "stay classy Vegas"

In fairness, classy is not a word I would generally use to describe the city, ever. So I'm not sure how they can stay classy.  

Having said that, I LOVE Vegas as a city, almost a second home for over a decade the amount I was there.

4 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

I saw 5 or 6 Elvis impersonators in the stands during game one, so they WERE there.

I have it on good authority one of them was not an impersonator...

2 hours ago, zoony said:

I loathed the eagle.  Glad they are at least a bit closer to the all time greatest uniform in sports, the sweaters the wore for the first 20 years

I admire your correct use of sweater.  

20 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Been watching hockey since the 80’s and playing for the last 8, still call them “jerseys”.

(and yes zoony, I have a giant ****)

Well that i already knew, sexy

Anyone know if the official team store at Cap One Arena is going to open early on Saturday?  It looks like it opened early at 10am last Thursday and Friday according to their Twitter account.  I tried sending them a tweet but no response.

According to the caps official store online, they are selling those Ovi "sweaters" (trying to be PC here!) with the Stanley Cup patch on them there, so I'm guessing they will sell them at the store.  I'd get up early to go snag one if I could get one.

Archived