Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Win To Get In

TK

So much overreaction. 

The Redskins are who we thought they were going into the year: a team that struggles to run the ball, and struggles to stop the run.

While the record was half a game worse, the quality of some of the opponents that they beat was better (no teams with winning records last year: this year we beat GB, NYG), and we played a much tougher schedule overall.  

As far as Cousins, he had a lot of good moments.  Some not so good moments.  So he has proven he is not elite.  Again, he is who we thought he was: an above average, but not elite, QB.  

The skins definitely have holes, and have 10 draft picks and a boatload of cap space to continue to address it.  The Cowboys were 4-12 last year, and now are favorites in the NFC.  Because they had a solid, young foundation and continued to build on it. 

And I know Joe Barry is not Buddy Ryan, but how does a game like today get people calling for his head?  The defense did not lose that game for us.

As Aaron Rodgers famously said: R-E-L-A-X.  This team is who we thought they were, and they will be even better next year, playing a 3rd place schedule.  The sky is not falling.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

There is definitely a team or 5 out there who will think that. ****, teams thought they could fix Griffin and he was the ass end compared to this one. 

But no team was going to give up big draft picks for Griffin or sign him to a huge contract. That's the difference. I don't see many teams willing to give up a 1st and a 3rd, let alone two 1sts for a guy who consistently plays like poorly when it's all on the line. 

1 minute ago, benskins26 said:

Why do you Kirk apologists act like he's gonna get better? Dude is what, 28? I get that he hasn't played a lot of years, but we're not talking about a 23 year old Mariotta. This is as good as it gets, and this offense was LOADED. He was the weak link. 

run game? play calling? receivers falling down on a field with a history of being poor? refs?

Kirk sucked today overall. But he's not the only one and was not the sole weak link today. We need a legit threat at RB. Kelley is a good temporary solution but we need someone who can run against tough opponents. That's been lost in all this that in the same games Kirk was bad our run game was abysmal. 

5 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

Why do you Kirk apologists act like he's gonna get better? Dude is what, 28? I get that he hasn't played a lot of years, but we're not talking about a 23 year old Mariotta. This is as good as it gets, and this offense was LOADED. He was the weak link. 

Weak links don't almsot throw for 5k yard. 5 qbs have thrown for 5k in the history of the NFL. People need to stop thinking hes tom Brady because he isn't. He's Andy Dalton/Alex smith. He can't do it on his own.

Add to that this is only his second year starting. U must be a young skins fan who thinks qbs grow on trees. Sorry but they don't. 

9 minutes ago, carex said:

first pick the WR fell down.  I watched the game too.  I saw a few bad plays I also saw minimal running game, slow adaption to blitzes and poor play calling

And poor QB play.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

He kinda did. He saw rushers and just stood there like a dear in lights.

Not going to put all sacks on him, but a good deal of the pressure was from him getting tricked on the reads and just holding the ball too long.  An incomplete pass at the feet of your RB is better than a 10 yard loss.

Just now, Taylor703 said:

It doesn't take twenty years. Some franchises are actually good at it. Don't let this franchises ineptitude at the position cloud your view. It's not impossible. 

Oh, those one or two franchises? Let's say 2.  So, that is a hit rate of 2/32, which is equal to 6%.

KC is the best QB we have had in a while, but he can not carry a team.  He is very serviceable when supported by surrounding players, but he doesn't lift the guys around him.  I don't think he's a franchise QB, but I don't see many options.  If we let him walk, what then?  No draftable QBs look like the answer, don't like any of the recycled free agents, Redskins are going to have to pay him.  Try to work a reasonable contract and get him some help.  Hard to be optimistic about the next few years.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

But no team was going to give up big draft picks for Griffin or sign him to a huge contract. That's the difference. I don't see many teams willing to give up a 1st and a 3rd, let alone two 1sts for a guy who consistently plays like poorly when it's all on the line. 

Agree totally I just jumped in the convo where I quoted so I had no context to what y'all were talking about. 

Just now, mistertim said:

I know we're all heated here, and I'm mixed on Kirk, but why do people keep regurgitating this?  He has eight fourth-quarter/OT wins.  Our defense lost games way more than our offense (I'm talking final drives).  I think this is a commonly-repeated but inaccurate statement.

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

8 wins with a tie isn't a winning season. We still haven't had back to back winning season to me since 91-/92

Actually, strangely it is from a technical stand point. You have more wins than losses, therefore its' a winning season. 

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Kirk's agent is probably downing a whole bottle of Jack Daniels as we speak.

Maybe the one good thing about this loss. We should get a better deal out of cousins. 

Maybe we can use that money to fix the run game so cousins doesn't have to try to win every game. 

Defense needs a lot of work as well. 

Or we could just blow it all up, I don't really care atm. 

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

How can you know this? He'll be 29 next year and a 6th year NFL veteran. He has had these problems with crapping the bed in big games pretty consistently through his career here. I don't see many teams looking at him and saying "yeah, if we just fixed this one small thing, he's stop sucking when it counts"

I think there is a lot of truth to this.... What we have is an NFL QB that can be a starter.. Jay Cutler esque..  that's it though.. 

8 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

It just wouldn't surprise me if a team(s) feel that way.

All it takes is one team.

Heck, you don't think Kyle Shanahan (assuming he gets a HC job) would trade for Kirk?

I do.

Not saying someone wouldnt trade for him. But nobody is giving up a 1st and 3rd for him. Not a chance.

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Oh my god, who the hell cares about passing records when they come at the expense of piss poor teams like Chicago?

Cousins is fool's gold. People ask what else is out there, we aren't close to there and we shouldn't waste that kinda dough on a guy who isn't ever going to be the guy who any of us will trust. 

If you can get Kirk at a good team friendly price you absolutely sign him.

blaming KC this season is like blaming garçon, reed, or any of our other ballers.

Kirk is a big reason we aren't in purgatory for RG.

that said I want a reasonable contract

Archived