Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Win To Get In

TK

Gutless, horrible, embarrassing performance...just like Monday. 

Our defense, or HORRIBLE defense, holds them to 13 points pretty much.

Meanwhile, our highly vaunted offense with our high priced deep threat and all these weapons and our QB that people are demanding we just toss whatever 24+ million a year at absolutely and fully crap the bed.

God its painful being a fan of this team.

Garcon, thanks for being a competitor out there. Crowder, thanks for being a mini garcon. Foster, thanks for being everywhere today. Norman, thanks for looking like you cared even though I could've used less penalties. Reed, thanks for gutting it out with an injury. The rest of you bums can F off right now for all I care.

Come tomorrow, with a bit of sleep, I'll probably be far more satisfied with the realities of everything this season; but right now, in the moment, I'm beyond disgusted. 

2 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Right and who is the QB next year? Some of you guys are crazy. 

They do make other QBs out there. Not saying we should walk away but this idea that we will never find another Kirk Cousins is kinda silly. He had a big hand in this failure. 

Just terrible. 10 points in a must win game at home. You win you're in.. and best we can muster up is 10 points. You get a 2nd chance at the playoffs.. when ya shoulda been out after the panthers game.. u get the 2nd chance, bucs lost, detroit lost.. to get a possible playoff shot. its in your hands.. and the best u can do goin into the last game at home is 10 points. pathetic. Team honestly doesn't deserve to sniff a playoff shot. 

1 minute ago, benskins26 said:

I'm looking for whole changes in the offseason. Team isn't built correctly. This Record setting Offense is losing most likely it's top 2 WRs, has a brittle (at best) TE, and a fluky QB who feasted on bad opponents. Give me a D, let Colt Take the reigns for a year, trade Cousins for a 2nd, and use that cap space to sign every good D player you can get. Draft a top notch Olineman, get a better DC, and tell Gruden next year is it. 

Almost completely agree.

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

Not sure why some here are so upset. Either lose this game or the 1st playoff game. It really doesn't make a difference for this year. 

Disagree. That's a damaging defeat and will be influential in our offseason plans. 

Just now, Bacon said:

I take back everything I've been saying. This season was an abject failure. I don't care about the +.500 record: we sold out the defense to craft a machinelike offense that would give our potential franchise QB the opportunity he needed in order to succeed and it failed us. He failed us. We have no reliable QB, no defense and huge holes to fill in the coordinator positions. This team is a ****ing mess and an enormous disappointment relative to their potential. 

You R wrong.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Because QB leads the team. QB bet on himself. QB threw two picks in final quarter. You can look at all the games in the past and the should haves but this was a clear game where we needed to win to make playoffs and the guy who is convinced he's one of the elites at his position played like garbage. 

**** that, every coach says it's on the team

And I suppose he sacked himself on those early third downs

1 hour ago, Rhazaghul said:

Why?  Some bad clock management?  Yeah, we need to enter the coaching merry-go-round again.  No thanks.  New DC..yes.  Head coach needs to stay where he is.

The team was flatter than unfinished champagne from yesterday. 

1 minute ago, elkabong82 said:

I'm fine with us re-signing Kirk, but it better not be top QB money now. Arizona, Carolina, and now Giants game on the line and he doesn't show up. It's something he can overcome, especially with better coaching, which hopefully Jay learns and improves from. However right now Kirk just crapped the bed, the team just crapped the bed again with playoffs on the line.

I'm really beginning to doubt that. It's become his M.O. He was benched early in 2014 because coaches thought he was too mentally fragile. That's why they went with Colt for a long stretch. He seemed to improve in that capacity somewhat, but this year, he's done the same things in huge games. I just think that mental toughness is either there or it isn't. It clearly isn't. He is not that young in QB years anymore, either. Records mean nothing when you play like this in the most crucial games. The moment has seemed too big for him too often. 

2 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

I'm looking for whole changes in the offseason. Team isn't built correctly. This Record setting Offense is losing most likely it's top 2 WRs, has a brittle (at best) TE, and a fluky QB who feasted on bad opponents. Give me a D, let Colt Take the reigns for a year, trade Cousins for a 2nd, and use that cap space to sign every good D player you can get. Draft a top notch Olineman, get a better DC, and tell Gruden next year is it. 

I just got a Cousins jersey for Christmans. There will be no trading Couisins.

This loss is ENTIRELY on Cousins.  Period.  The defense played well enough.  The was no ****ing reason for cousins to throw that last pass.  He had at least 5 yards on the ground.  

I supported cousins, and he did have a good statistical year.  But I'm not sure he's the guy you want leading your team in the clutch. 

I say tag him again next year.  No more than 16 million a year if longterm.  And draft a qb.

Blow up the defense.  Fire barry.

Archived