Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Win To Get In

TK

3 minutes ago, carex said:

all you people bashing Cousins ****ing suck.  The Skins played good enough to be 10-6 which would be playoffs except the D  choked against Detroit and Hopkins choked against Cincinati

But nope, got to bash the QB

In a world where GMSM invested in the defense properly the Skins are probably already set for the playoffs

Cousins played like garbage

Like he did the first 3-4 weeks of the season

Your issue is with him. Not us. He needs to play better.

3 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

what's the other option?  You franchise tag him or you pay him.  Either way you are spending a lot of money.  Kirk has shown me way more than enough to say he's worth a long term investment.

100% franchise him. You guarantee him $75 million for 5 years you regret it probably Year 2. Desean gone, hopefully Pierre stays. Kirk is a QB that ****s himself in big games. Mental. Midget. 

2 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Gruden can ****ing take it. Might be the emotion talking, but after the gutless, clueless performance I witnessed today, where he completely REVERTED to the same things everyone criticized him for early in his career, I'm done with him. If he comes back, I'll vainly hope, but usually in these cases, what you see is what you get. He is a choke artist. 

Fify

There is such a choke factor with Cousin's in the biggest of biggest games.  Like with Carolina. That would have sealed it for us. That was a team that has struggled all year and has continued since us.  But no. Kirk looks tight and befuddled and played like ****.  Then we go play the 3-12 team Chicago and the Skins do what they should have done and handled with Carolina.  It is very difficult to beat a division rival twice.   Every time there is something on the line we CHOKE. 

1 minute ago, carex said:

all you people bashing Cousins ****ing suck.  The Skins played good enough to be 10-6 which would be playoffs except the D  choked against Detroit and Hopkins choked against Cincinati

But nope, got to bash the QB

In a world where GMSM invested in the defense the Skins are probably already set

Because QB leads the team. QB bet on himself. QB threw two picks in final quarter. You can look at all the games in the past and the should haves but this was a clear game where we needed to win to make playoffs and the guy who is convinced he's one of the elites at his position played like garbage. 

I'm looking for whole changes in the offseason. Team isn't built correctly. This Record setting Offense is losing most likely it's top 2 WRs, has a brittle (at best) TE, and a fluky QB who feasted on bad opponents. Give me a D, let Colt Take the reigns for a year, trade Cousins for a 2nd, and use that cap space to sign every good D player you can get. Draft a top notch Olineman, get a better DC, and tell Gruden next year is it. 

I take back everything I've been saying. This season was an abject failure. I don't care about the +.500 record: we sold out the defense to craft a machinelike offense that would give our potential franchise QB the opportunity he needed in order to succeed and it failed us. He failed us. We have no reliable QB, no defense and huge holes to fill in the coordinator positions. This team is a ****ing mess and an enormous disappointment relative to their potential. 

Archived