Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Win To Get In

TK

4 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Why?  We did this to ourselves.  The Giants gave us EVERY chance to win this game.  This was totally self inflicted.  Hell, I thank the Giants for pointing out our weaknesses, yet again, without really trying too hard. WE did this.  The Giants simply played professional football.  Kudos to them, damnit. 

Why? Mara, OBJ, NYC, LT, Coughlin, that Giants fan at work, the kid dressed up as Macadoo, etc....

2 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

The problem with many fans is that they are comparing the current situation with Vinny, Zorn, Spurrier, etc.....that should not be the standard.

In terms of Kirk...please don't talk about stats....Blake Bortles had great stats too......Kirk is a robot...no playmaking skills whatsoever.....If everthing is good around him, He can play very well......I can't bring him back at 25 million...sorry

You are absolutely correct.  Kirk IS a robot - he is OCD.  Unfortunately that does not translate well to thinking outside the box - We cannot bring him back at 25 mil  He does not deserve it.  We need to keep some our O weapons and we need a strong, durable RB and of course the D side of the ball is really going to take some some money.  The Giants threw $180 mil into their D during the offseason.

20 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

Carolina isn't as bad as their record.  I think they played well in a lot of their games and were close.  Just like the Redskins, theirs could have gone either way as well.  

However, I think that Kirk will come back from this.  Sure it was a bad decision but he doesn't make too many of them and he's the ONLY option the Redskins have long term.  You have to lock him up and build around him.  Notice that no one tonight is saying anything about the running game... It was pure ****.  The offensive isn't mauling anyone in the run game and our RB's, all of them, pretty much suck.  I like Thompson as a 3rd down back and maybe keep him for special teams but Jones and fat Rob and take a hike.

The offensive line had a bad day all around. They gave up a bunch of sacks and couldn't win at the line of scrimmage in the running game. They did a much better job in the second half, but it was too little too late. Kirk was already shaken and forcing things even when he did have a good pocket.

We have a good line overall, but they have struggled against top tier fronts like Carolina, New York, and Dallas. This was probably their worse game of the bunch. 

I don't know that I would change much there though. Maybe bring in a C or another G. I also think it would help to have a top tier RB, and more of a commitment to the running game from the McVay and Gruden.

The Giants really were trying to get even today and they did since we beat them in NY.  I am not going to forget their Coach for a long time.  Going for 4th down after being up 13-0 and not kicking the easy field goal.  I hope the Skins players remember it for next season too.   Norman was stupid for being suckered by Beckham to get the personal fouls.  The Giants kicked us in the mouth today and our response was weak.

4 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

The division is not getting any

You respect the way they played? Like Beckham instigating Norman to get personal fouls? **** the Giants! I respect you but I definitely don't respect the ****ing Giants players or their ownership.

Its ok for Norman to try to get under Beckham's skin but not the other way around? If we are dumb enough to retaliate we deserve the consequences 

On the 1% chance we fire Gruden, I'd love to give Dave Taub a thorough vetting and interview. A ST's guy who is more fit to manage and delegate than most OC/DC, he's apparently a great long-overdue HC candidate with lots of ties in the coaching world to pull coordinators from. A toughness/discipline guy through and through I think. 

3 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

The division is not getting any

You respect the way they played? Like Beckham instigating Norman to get personal fouls? **** the Giants! I respect you but I definitely don't respect the ****ing Giants players or their ownership.

I'd feel that way if I thought we played our asses off and went toe to toe and simply came up short. But man, we played like complete ******* today. We played scared, we got outcoached ... and EVERYTHING was on the line. Giants came out and just played hard and beat us, even with lots of second stringers. It was a ****ing disgrace. Like I said, I hate the Giants, but I do respect the fact that they came out and played hard in a meaningless game, and we did just the opposite in a game that meant everything. 

14 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

Thats a really weird analogy. I think you probably could come up with a better one. 

Pick a less offensive predator analogy out.  They all end the same.

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt.

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

We can't blame the defense or lack of running game on the outcome today.  The game was there to be won or at least tied, and Kirk made an awful throw.  Nothing leading up to that point in the game effected Cousins choice to throw it into coverage.   He could tucked the ball and ran for 20 yards.  He had options besides "throw to the not open guy"   He stared right down the middle of the field the entire time, and then threw it right to the same spot.   That is on him.

Bingo.  This has been my biggest problem with Kirk and why I don't see him as a playmaker  He is extremely hesitant to run with the ball, despite having pretty good wheels.  Kirk rarely ever has success when sitting back in the pocket for long periods of time.  He's more of a rhythm thrower. He needs to raise the volume on the clock in his head and take off to run when there's daylight.  

Lost in the INT talk is the possession before the Giants scored, when Kirk misfired on 3 straight passes.  I felt that was the game right there. 

31 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Really disappointing that we couldn't get this done. The offense didn't pull their weight today. The defense played good enough to win. 

No they didn't.

The only reason the Giants score was so low was because their offense has been so anemic lately. A good offense would've put 30+ on this defense today.

The Giants have struggled mightily to rush the football the last few weeks. So much so, that they basically benched Jennings.

Today, the Giants rushed for almost ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY YARDS, and made it look easy.

The Redskins' offense played poorly today, but the defense doesn't get a break. It is the same ****ty defense we've seen most of the second half of the year.

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Kirk sounded like a guy who just had his ass handed to him and was trying to feign some sort of confidence because his agent told him to.

I wouldn't trust a word from any source until it's from the team itself in terms of his future.

Kirk can go F himself.......next time he should wait until he wins something before he screams at GMSM

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Kirk sounded like a guy who just had his ass handed to him and was trying to feign some sort of confidence because his agent told him to.

I wouldn't trust a word from any source until it's from the team itself in terms of his future.

Very disappointed in that presser from him. I didn't hear anything about holding himself accountable for that performance. "Feigning confidence" is exactly how that came across to me, too. I really thought I was finally sold on him, but this game shook that faith hard. Starting to think if it makes more sense to ride a Colt for a couple years while saving money and building up the rest of the team. Damn, this game sucked on so many levels. 

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Agreed and I'm tired of his self serving bs. The only time he shows raw emotion is when HE succeeds. When we lose it's back to the self serving script. Be a human being, take ownership of the ****ing loss. Lost some respect for him as a team mate. And I guess gained some respect for him as a self serving dog. 

7 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

The Giants really were trying to get even today and they did since we beat them in NY.  I am not going to forget their Coach for a long time.  Going for 4th down after being up 13-0 and not kicking the easy field goal.  I hope the Skins players remember it for next season too.   Norman was stupid for being suckered by Beckham to get the personal fouls.  The Giants kicked us in the mouth today and our response was weak.

McAdoo played this very well. Two reasons:

1. Now his team will ride high into the playoffs. They've been flat and losing for a couple weeks, but now they've reversed that trend.

2. The Redskins have been faring better against them lately after they had owned us for so long, and he's really stoked the rivalry for next year. He's instilled a sense of urgency and pride when they play us.

I'm not happy about this development, but I credit McAdoo for his leadership when everybody was questioning his decision to treat this one like it mattered. 

15 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I still hate the 'Boys more, although I definitely hate the Giants. But I also have to TOTALLY respect them for how they handled this game. They had nothing to play for and they went out and played like they were in OUR position. Sometimes you just have to bow to your opponent, as much as you don't want to. They showed exactly the same toughness and passion that I wish we'd show more of, but seem incapable of when it matters most. 

I posted this in one of the Giants-Redskins threads and that was Casillas made a big motivational speech in practice that the NY reporters heard -- more or less saying, lets shock the Redskins by playing with more intensity than they have -- even though its their playoff neck on the line.   i said back then, it gave me the vibe of lets do to the Redskins what Carolina did.  And yep they pulled it off to a tee.

34 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

People in here have lost it. Good night people. 

Nah, just overly emotional after a game, most likely.

Probably drunk, too. ;) 

Most will look at things in a more logical manner by, oh, Tuesday, I guess.

Or maybe Thursday. :) 

3 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Very disappointed in that presser from him. I didn't hear anything about holding himself accountable for that performance. "Feigning confidence" is exactly how that came across to me, too. I really thought I was finally sold on him, but this game shook that faith hard. Starting to think if it makes more sense to ride a Colt for a couple years while saving money and building up the rest of the team. Damn, this game sucked on so many levels. 

Me too, basically verbatim.  I was excited to hear about his excitement to come back and push it all the way, and then he was just a bull****ter.  I understand that it's a business, but this season (sans an injury) couldn't have ended worse.

Archived