Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Win To Get In

TK

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

We were in absolute shambles when Gruden was signed on. Surely we can do better after a couple years of competitive play and the procurement of a competent GM.

At the very least, I hope this logic extends to our next DC signing.

I like Jay.

Skins Passion is the king of hot takes.  I want to see where this takes us.

He's like Hitler in post-World War I Europe right now, trying to collect followers.

26 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I think the worst thing about this loss is the fact that we go into the offseason questioning everything. A coach that consistently fails to get his team up for big games and has mind-numbingly bad clock management skills. An OC who is obviously very knowledgeable schematically but seems to really have poor situational awareness. No running backs whatsoever that really made a mark. A GM who has given us one of the worst defenses in the team's history as well as suspect draft picks (Doctson). And of course, a QB who has once again failed in the clutch because of his own mental deficiencies. Glad we got another winning season, but feels pretty damn empty right now. I guess I could use the break. Oh, glory days, how I miss thee. 

I'm out of likes --THANK YOU !!!

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The Jets would take Donald Duck at QB in a heartbeat. But do you really think they'd give up two 1st rounders for Kirk?

No. I was disregarding the trade aspect of the scenario, because he's a FA. But I do believe the Jets would pay him the way the Texans paid whatshisname last offseason.

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

We can't blame the defense or lack of running game on the outcome today.  The game was there to be won or at least tied, and Kirk made an awful throw.  Nothing leading up to that point in the game effected Cousins choice to throw it into coverage.   He could tucked the ball and ran for 20 yards.  He had options besides "throw to the not open guy"   He stared right down the middle of the field the entire time, and then threw it right to the same spot.   That is on him.

Was a bad throw, yes, but there was a defender coming back up from the backfield that would have caught him after just a few yards. He wouldn't have ran for far, but it would have been fine for him to do so there anyway.

The read was good, Garcon was open, the throw was not good. I'm not a fan of McVay's play call there either. They'd been pressuring all day, yet it's late, we have our timeouts (except for one which Jay should not have called) but there's no underneath dump off option. Same exact thing happened vs. Arizona, similar route too though that one was an overthrow instead of under. But again no underneath help. 

If we want to keep Cousins, we're gonna overpay him.  If we don't wanna overpay him, we'll tag him.  I don't see any sort of a team friendly deal as a reasonable outcome.   I'm not sure we would get two 1st round picks for him if we did try to tag and trade.  Maybe we would, I'm just not as confident as some.  

SM is in a tough spot.  Unfortunately, I think both options could wind up hurting our team.  My guess is he goes with option A and we re-sign Kirk to a big deal, but I'm sure there will be plenty of hand wringing on both sides before we get to that point.  

But no matter what, the Kirk threads will be as redundant and as ****ty as ever. :)

2 minutes ago, TheCoach22 said:

Are we keeping Sean? If so, give me Tom Coughlin on a rental for three years and install a competent decision maker in 2 and 4 min offense and someone who will install discipline. 

No thanks. :ols:

23 minutes ago, zskins said:

Why aren't the Saints in the playoffs? Don't they have a better QB than Kirk?

This is a great example of a QB who gets paid a lot of money and puts up tons of yards and it means absolutely nothing in the end, at least for the last 6 years.

What's unfortunate about today is we would have had a chance to play the weakest team in the playoffs, Seattle looks terrible the last 5 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

The Giants have surpassed the Cowboys as the most hated team in the division for me.

me too, they were on the brink before this game.  They said it to death before the game, beating the Redskins was really really really important to them and will play everyone to get the win.  I gave some of the NY links to some of the Redskins beat reporters on twitter and they just didn't buy that the Giants meant what they said. 

1 minute ago, DC9 said:

What?

incompletion/  We had some dropped and overthrown passes and I felt we were pretty predicable in our play calling today

I mean on that long incompletion  to DeSean it looked like the Giants managed to blitz and still have multiple people near him

14 minutes ago, ZRagone said:

Actually, strangely it is from a technical stand point. You have more wins than losses, therefore its' a winning season. 

I know statistically it's a winning season by a half a game. It's like a girl accepting your prom invitation because the first 5 guys she wanted to go with all said no. It doesn't feel good. 

8 wins isn't a winning season to me and just because we sucked so bad we tied a game doesn't change that. 

1 minute ago, BraveWarrior said:

No. I was disregarding the trade aspect of the scenario, because he's a FA. But I do believe the Jets would pay him the way the Texans paid whatshisname last offseason.

Ah ok, gotcha. I was just thinking if we franchised him and then a team would have to give up two 1sts to get him. 

2 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I like Jay.

Skins Passion is the king of hot takes.  I want to see where this takes us.

He's like Hitler in post-World War I Europe right now, trying to collect followers.

Thats a really weird analogy. I think you probably could come up with a better one. 

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

If we want to keep Cousins, we're gonna overpay him.  If we don't wanna overpay him, we'll tag him.  I don't see any sort of a team friendly deal as a reasonable outcome.   I'm not sure we would get two 1st round picks for him if we did try to tag and trade.  Maybe we would, I'm just not as confident as some.  

SM is in a tough spot.  Unfortunately, I think both options could wind up hurting our team.  My guess is he goes with option A and we re-sign Kirk to a big deal, but I'm sure there will be plenty of hand wringing on both sides before we get to that point.  

But no matter what, the Kirk threads will be as redundant and as ****ty as ever. :)

Yeah, I see no way any team gives up two 1st round picks for him in a franchise and trade situation. 

3 minutes ago, A Skinhead in Saints Land said:

Kirk Cousins is the perfect quarterback to pair with a strong run game. Fix the run game, and I think we'll be in good shape. 

He's not elite, but he is good enough to get us where we want to go. With a run game, and a middle of the road defense, I think we'll be able to make some noise. 

I agree, but you'll have to convince Jay to run the football.

38 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

There is such a choke factor with Cousin's in the biggest of biggest games.  Like with Carolina. That would have sealed it for us. That was a team that has struggled all year and has continued since us.  But no. Kirk looks tight and befuddled and played like ****.  Then we go play the 3-12 team Chicago and the Skins do what they should have done and handled with Carolina.  It is very difficult to beat a division rival twice.   Every time there is something on the line we CHOKE. 

Carolina isn't as bad as their record.  I think they played well in a lot of their games and were close.  Just like the Redskins, theirs could have gone either way as well.  

However, I think that Kirk will come back from this.  Sure it was a bad decision but he doesn't make too many of them and he's the ONLY option the Redskins have long term.  You have to lock him up and build around him.  Notice that no one tonight is saying anything about the running game... It was pure ****.  The offensive isn't mauling anyone in the run game and our RB's, all of them, pretty much suck.  I like Thompson as a 3rd down back and maybe keep him for special teams but Jones and fat Rob and take a hike.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

me too, they were on the brink before this game.  They said it to death before the game, beating the Redskins was really really really important to them and will play everyone to get the win.  I gave some of the NY links to some of the Redskins beat reporters on twitter and they just didn't buy that the Giants meant what they said. 

I live in NJ, so sports radio up here is all about the Giants and Jets. All week long, Coach Uncle Rico never waivered on the question of whether he'd play his starters.  

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I still hate the 'Boys more, although I definitely hate the Giants. But I also have to TOTALLY respect them for how they handled this game. They had nothing to play for and they went out and played like they were in OUR position. Sometimes you just have to bow to your opponent, as much as you don't want to. They showed exactly the same toughness and passion that I wish we'd show more of, but seem incapable of when it matters most. 

Archived