Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Win To Get In

TK

14 minutes ago, s0crates said:

Yup. Look at the QB market. It's simple supply and demand. You can't win without a decent QB, and there aren't enough decent QBs to go around.

Kirk is not Tom Brady, but he is a top 10 QB (top 15 if you're being stingy), and nowadays you have to pay those guys like they're Tom Brady. The fact that Kirk **** the bed today doesn't really change any of that.

I'd love to sign him to a contract like Brady's.

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I want to add one more thing in this gameday thread before I wrap it up for this season. It was an absolute embarrassment to see all of that blue in the stands today. Your team is basically in a do or die playoff game and you sell your tickets to opposing fans? They are your tickets you can do what you want with them. But if you are a season ticket holder and sold your tickets for this game to a Giants fan. You are weak. 

Worst home field in the league in my opinion.  4-4 this year.  Winning records at home are a rarity this century.

And I'm sick of it.  Once again today I went and was surrounded by visiting fans chanting "D-FENSE" when Skins had the ball "LET'S GO GI-ANTS"?

It's nauseating.  I hate going to that hole in the ground.

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I want to add one more thing in this gameday thread before I wrap it up for this season. It was an absolute embarrassment to see all of that blue in the stands today. Your team is basically in a do or die playoff game and you sell your tickets to opposing fans? They are your tickets you can do what you want with them. But if you are a season ticket holder and sold your tickets for this game to a Giants fan. You are weak. 

i thought i was hearing cheers just as loud for gnats plays as I was hearing boos for skins lack of play

2 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Who the **** cares about Andrew Luck? Why are you even bringing him up? This is about Kirk. Stop deflecting. 

Not deflecting ****..Everyone thinks he is a elite QB,but Cousins sucks because he can't will his team to victory..

9 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

The visiting side lower bowl is always full of opposing fans.  I think a lot of those seats are corporately owned.

And really, people want to complain about how bad the stadium has been due to location and whatever, but the single worst thing was greedy Snyder installing the dream seats.  Single handedly lowered the desirability of pretty much the whole 100 section along the sidelines. I know this gets into the "who's a real fan" debate, but who the hell wants to pay $150 and stand all game?

The lower bowl was a sea of blue. 

Just now, justice98 said:

Kirk shoulda just run it.

Think there was a guy close to him on his right and that guy was closing and putting pressure on him. Thought I saw the defender reach toward KC just as he released the ball. If he could elude the guy on the right he could have got us into fg range. Bad panic throw without thinking. Not having a safety valve close to LOS hurt too. Not the stuff of 25 mi a year.

6 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

i thought i was hearing cheers just as loud for gnats plays as I was hearing boos for skins lack of play

They got very loud after we tied the game and the Giants got the ballZ

6 minutes ago, LightningBuggs said:

Worst home field in the league in my opinion.  4-4 this year.  Winning records at home are a rarity this century.

And I'm sick of it.  Once again today I went and was surrounded by visiting fans chanting "D-FENSE" when Skins had the ball "LET'S GO GI-ANTS"?

It's nauseating.  I hate going to that hole in the ground.

Is it just geographics or do we really suck as a fan base? 

I like KC but god he just seems to freeze up at times.

Often this year, the offense started off slow, KC was erratic, not playing good, until they began running no-huddle some, then he seemed to play better. Its like the longer he has to sit in the pocket the more content he is, until something bad happens. I think they call no huddle just so KC doesn't have time to think.

Even though the score wasn't an indicator today, the Giants moved the ball a lot, especially in the running game. Guys out of position, players left uncovered, just sloppy football. Unenthusiastic. I know they expected the Giants to come in a and play the starters 1 series then sit, and when they saw they were still playing they all went to crap. First drive they punt, after that they moved the ball the rest of the game, big chunks of running yds.

3 minutes ago, StephenDavis said:

It's probably a combination of a lot of factors.  The DMV is very transient obviously which means people move here as fans of other teams.

The stadium itself is sterile and in a horrible location and as someone else alluded to, it's an all day event that costs an arm and a leg.

And many fans are tired of going there, paying an arm and a leg, being drowned out by opposing fans, and watching their Skins wilt under the lights over and over.

If my wife didn't enjoy going, I would have given up my season tix YEARS ago.  When we can't go, we do make sure our tix go to Skins fans, but that's always at a financial loss.  I can't blame others for selling theirs to opposing fans who will give them face value.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Sure, there are definitely issues with playcalling. But the bottom line is Kirk **** the bed AGAIN in a big time must win game. He just isn't an elite QB, and I don't think he should be paid like he is. 

Gruden wet the bed too. 

8 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Even though the score wasn't an indicator today, the Giants moved the ball a lot, especially in the running game. Guys out of position, players left uncovered, just sloppy football. Unenthusiastic. I know they expected the Giants to come in a and play the starters 1 series then sit, and when they saw they were still playing they all went to crap. First drive they punt, after that they moved the ball the rest of the game, big chunks of running yds.

Exactly. That points to coaches.  Game plan and prep. 

5 minutes ago, bigkobe81 said:

Luck is not elite. Only people who regurgitate whatever is on ESPN think he's elite

Luck went to playoffs his first three years largely on his arm. He was a pro bowler, has a 2-1 TD/INT with a vastly inferior team on both sides of the ball and definitely less weapons. He's gotten the crap beaten out of him because of porous OL play. He has the largest playoff comeback in NFL history. 

If you think Kirk is anywhere close to Luck then your blinders are working overtime.

6 minutes ago, bigkobe81 said:

Luck is not elite. Only people who regurgitate whatever is on ESPN think he's elite

I agree. But neither is Cousins. Our QB is Alex Smith is realistically his ceiling. He'd be an idiot to chase a few more million and go to a team with less talent on offense. As even his biggest supporters concede, this guy cannot do it alone. If he is even average today the Skins win easily.

15 minutes ago, StephenDavis said:

I agree with what lightningbug said above.  Also I think a lot of die hard fans prefer to watch from home.  You get to see so much more.  I go to one game a year for the experience.  I could afford to go to more but it's just better at home.  

can someone please explain why the official blocked Cousins from quickly snapping the ball after the Garcon reception? i agree with dickbag joe buck that it wasn't a catch but is an official preventing one team from snapping the ball even legal? if so how does ANY hurry up offense work?

don't get me wrong we screwed the pooch but i have never even heard of anything so odd before, nor would i expect the commentators to react the way they did.

I'll heal and be back next year, but games where majority of the team fails to show are so hard to take. And I like Kirk, but he was terrible today. I mean, Brunell bad when he had the dead arm issues at the end of 2005. Every throw was a struggle requiring the receiver to make a miraculous catch. Forget elite, dude did not look like an NFL caliber third stringer today. He should have to five back part of the 19.9 he made this year for that BS. 

3 hours ago, Yng Lady88 said:

1 hour ago, benskins26 said:

On a totally unrelated note, Jason Reid is kind of a prick. Who does that guy think he is? 

What did Jason Reid do? I'm surprise he still has a job with RG3 gone from the team. Who is he bashing now?

Just now, Dheavy said:

What did Jason Reid do? I'm surprise he still has a job with RG3 gone from the team. Who is he bashing now?

Readers. Anyone. Some guy actually tried to say something nice to Reid, and Reid insulted him. These "journalists" have given legitimate journalists a bad name and ruined the industry. I went to school for journalism, started me career in it- til I saw what it took to succeed and the jerks who were leading the pack

5 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

Readers. Anyone. Some guy actually tried to say something nice to Reid, and Reid insulted him. These "journalists" have given legitimate journalists a bad name and ruined the industry. I went to school for journalism, started me career in it- til I saw what it took to succeed and the jerks who were leading the pack

Not surprised by that....he lost credibility as a journalist a long time ago.

Archived