Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

That Wikileaks CIA dump is very scary stuff. Huge national security risk. Crazy how on that twitter link everyone seems to be celebrating it.

That's not how that works. That's not how any of this works people. You want the spy agencies to protect you with stuff like this. Everything is not meant for public knowledge. 

24 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm wondering why Wikileaks hasnt been hacked or raided by now.  

Just waiting for the Ecuadorian elections to go down. If there is any indication that the new PM want Julian gone, he will be arrested after being kicked out. Only a matter of time. 

7 minutes ago, DCranon21 said:

That's not how that works. That's not how any of this works people. You want the spy agencies to protect you with stuff like this. Everything is not meant for public knowledge. 

Just waiting for the Ecuadorian elections to go down. If there is any indication that the new PM want Julian gone, he will be arrested after being kicked out. Only a matter of time. 

It's Assange holed up in Edcuador and a loosely connected network of spread out people, I assume.  

With as many enemies they make amongst the rich and powerful, I would think WikiLeaks conspirators would be magically disappearing.  But I watch too many movies too.

Obamacare is popular in many states, even some controlled by Republicans. It has brought health insurance coverage to about 20 million previously uninsured Americans, although premium increases have angered some.

About half those people gained coverage through an expansion of the Medicaid program for the poor. The Republican proposal would end the Medicaid expansion on Jan. 1, 2020, and cap Medicaid funding after that date.

http://www.amny.com/news/politics/obamacare-repeal-bill-includes-medicaid-expansion-rollback-1.13217996

Im confused on what a "medicaid freeze" means. Does it mean that States will receive the same amount of Fed funds per year regardless of how many ppl in that are enrolled in Medicaid (i.e. Kentucky gets 400 mil for medicaid regardless of whether it has 100 or 1,000,000 enrolees?) I assume it does not mean that eligible ppl will not be allowed in enroll in Medicaid. 

How does a State go about deciding what to cut and not cut. Do you cut pap smears? But then that would disproportionately effect women and not men and can you even do something that has clear gender divisions?

Do we cut dental for kids? 

So increased military spending, after health care "reform" a massive tax cut. Nah, those things won't explode the debt. GOP being fiscally responsible has been the biggest political myth of my life. 

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

It's Assange holed up in Edcuador and a loosely connected network of spread out people, I assume.  

With as many enemies they make amongst the rich and powerful, I would think WikiLeaks conspirators would be magically disappearing.  But I watch too many movies too.

Though i guess it is technically considered Ecuadoran territory he is in their embassy in London, so he is pretty much screwed if they kick him out.  As to Wikileaks I imagine it is dispersed all over the world and will be difficult to eliminate.

4 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Though i guess it is technically considered Ecuadoran territory he is in their embassy in London, so he is pretty much screwed if they kick him out.  As to Wikileaks I imagine it is dispersed all over the world and will be difficult to eliminate.

The movie has been written. Shadowy government agency sends a hit squad after individuals in a cyber hacking group, taking them out one by one.  One hacker must uncover the truth before he/she is next.  

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

That Wikileaks CIA dump is very scary stuff. Huge national security risk. Crazy how on that twitter link everyone seems to be celebrating it.

Funny thing is (and NOT "funny-haha") ...if anyone has been following along, they already know all that. 

We did.

Famous saying around here:  If you can hear a train, that train can hear you.;)

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Im confused on what a "medicaid freeze" means. Does it mean that States will receive the same amount of Fed funds per year regardless of how many ppl in that are enrolled in Medicaid (i.e. Kentucky gets 400 mil for medicaid regardless of whether it has 100 or 1,000,000 enrolees?) I assume it does not mean that eligible ppl will not be allowed in enroll in Medicaid. 

I suspect that what it mostly means is "The CBO, when they're preparing their report on how much this bill will cost, is required to pretend that Medicare spending will magically freeze in 2020, even though the Republicans have not provided any explanation for how they intend for this to happen."  

In short, it's a "cut" to Medicaid, without any explanation of what they intend to cut.  

Although I also assume that this is only part of the explanation.  I would not be at all surprised if a great many Republicans actually do intend to "cut" (in the sense of "increase funding, but not by enough to actually maintain present level of care") down the road, and let the states figure out who to take the money from.  It's a way of handing out cuts, while giving people lots of other people to point fingers at.  

52 minutes ago, Hersh said:

So increased military spending, after health care "reform" a massive tax cut. Nah, those things won't explode the debt. GOP being fiscally responsible has been the biggest political myth of my life. 

I've mentioned this a couple of times:  

The last time a Republican President left office with a smaller deficit than when he took office, the President was Eisenhower.  

The last time a Democrat President left office with a bigger deficit than when he took office, the President was FDR.  

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Wasn't that his main voter base? Hilarious 

I realize this is the cabinet thread, and there is some health care stuff in it...but this is ironic to me. I truly wonder what their response is, "At least it's not Obamacare."

4 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I realize this is the cabinet thread, and there is some health care stuff in it...but this is ironic to me. I truly wonder what their response is, "At least it's not Obamacare."

That's the point.

"We don' wan no part of that Obamacare, the ACA is doin' us jus' fiiiiiine."

Now, they love what the cra white man is sayin'.  Holy.

Sean Spicer's verbal/mental gymnastics are simply mind numbing.

Instead of asking for evidence about the wiretaps, why doesn't the media call it out for what it is...a massive dump of lies.  I'm tired of the semantics and word dancing.  We're getting ready to spend tax payer money on something that every single person in the government knows is a lie from our bloated leader.  

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Sean Spicer's verbal/mental gymnastics are simply mind numbing.

Instead of asking for evidence about the wiretaps, why doesn't the media call it out for what it is...a massive dump of lies.  I'm tired of the semantics and word dancing.  We're getting ready to spend tax payer money on something that every single person in the government knows is a lie from our bloated leader.  

Well, semantics and all...

A FISA warrant was granted.  That is fact. 

Also a fact:  we have a bloated leader who is going to spend assloads of money this country does not have.

Archived