Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

With Congress showing no signs of taking action, a group of ethics watchdogs is turning to U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara to look into whether President Trump's many business interests violate the Emoluments Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/08/519281372/ethics-watchdogs-want-u-s-attorney-to-investigate-trumps-business-interests

This is why Bharara had to go, he is a terror on corruption and would have jurisdiction on Trump's organization based in NY. The others were just the figleaf to cover getting rid of him.

Checks and balances have gone out the window, they have no scruples about ramrodding through their interests and doing whatever it takes to hide the truth of the matter. Tillerson as SoS = no State Dept, Sessions as AG = no DoJ, firing all the lawyers suspends any investigations ongoing and buys more time to bury evidence or Russian bodies.

History is playing out before our eyes, there is no parallel to what we are seeing. This is a gut check and moral challenge to America herself, "Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth." - unless we stand by and allow it. This demands facing, there is not going to be room on a fence or any sidelines, the people of this nation will either assert the moral integrity of who and what we are, or the whole damn thing will collapse.

This is going to get uglier, much uglier and people are going to die. American blood will flow in our streets. That is not hyperbole, that is a simple fact. The speed with which this is unfolding is terrifying, but at the same time it is a genuine indication of how fundamentally weak they know their position to be. The people of this nation, when challenged and threatened, can rise up and become an unstoppable force, a force that well may result in the Nuremberg Trials 2.0 that will result in the noose for these treasonous dogs, and in their hearts they know that. They HAVE TO seize power and destroy any possible locus of opposition and resistance to their coup ASAP because if their grip should slip, an abyss yawns at their feet.

30 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Ok, then it's much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah.  The only wrinkle is I think at least the one guy was told he could stay before they suddenly changed course, but yeah, prosecutors generally get replaced.

This follows Trump's MO pretty closely.

He has no idea what he's supposed to be doing.

Discovers it late from somebody.

Suddenly goes full HAM about it.

Thankfully this time it's on something relatively innocuous.

Well, whether it's a scandal really depends on the motive for the firing.  

The incoming President absolutely has the authority to just fire all of them, and appoint his own choices.  It's been done.  By both Parties.  And the assumption is that it's simply part of the normal transition of power.  

Or, it can be a transparent case of the President getting rid of a prosecutor who refuses to take political orders.  There's been a few cases of that, over the years.  One that got some publicity, a few years back, was when W was sworn in for his second term, he used the fact that a new Presidential term had started to get rid of 18 prosecutors who he, himself, had appointed.  

I'm going from memory, so I'm probably going to get some things wrong.  But I think that one of the ones he got rid of was the Prosecutor for Nevada.  Seems that a Republican congressman wanted to run for the Senate, and he wanted the prosecutor to (publicly) open an investigation into the Democrat candidate, before the election, to help his candidacy.  Prosecutor refused, and got fired after the election.  

Now, in this particular instance, you certainly can look at one particular prosecutor, who was investigating two cases related to Trump and Russia, and create the theory that this is Trump getting rid of the prosecutor who's investigating things Trump doesn't want investigated.  (And that the other firings are simply cover for that one.)  

Me, I also note that Trump could have fired the guy when he first took office.  (And Trump did fire almost all of them.)  But Trump specifically asked this one to stay on, at least for a while.  And it's certainly true that the Trumpets have not been shy about purging other agencies of anybody who's been touched by Obama.  

Given the context?  I'm going to assume that it's simply a case of "draining the swamp".  (Which seems to be Trump for "get rid of anything Obama touched, whether we have any plan for what to do next, or not".)  (That, or "getting rid of competence in favor of personal loyalty.  Or just letting the post sit vacant.")  

I always pride myself on giving people the benefit of the doubt, but IMO this administration is well past that point in terms of of the lying, corruption and incredibly shady (and anti-American) machinations.  So yeah, I have no doubt that this move involved ulterior/underhanded motives.  

Interestingly, I was going to add lack of accountability, but thought better of it.  Unfortunately, the accountability seems to only come into play when they're actually caught doing something... it's never proactive.  

@LD0506 It's amazing how this group is managing to remove all checks.  Terrifying might be a better word for it, particularly given the rapid move away from what has made the US and the world relatively safe since the 40's.  

14 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

At this stage I've given up trying to make any sense of it. I want to think he has some redeeming qualities.

Not really sure if those two illustrations constitute rule violations.  But my personal vote is that they shouldn't be here.  (Despite the fact that I did admire them, for a few seconds.)  

From what I've read, the way those jobs work is, the day you get hired, you write your resignation letter, and hand it to the President. If the President wants to get rid of you, he pulls out the resignation you wrote, and "reluctantly accepts" it. 

Archived