Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Which is it, and which is worse?... that Trump, after listening to Levin and reading the Brietbart article, is so fundamentally stupid that actually believes the bull****, or that he knows it's bull**** but cynically throws it out there as a distraction and because he knows it will gain traction among his core believers?

If we use the birther example to answer that question, we know from Jared Kushner that Trump knew soon enough that the birther issue was bull****, but jumped on and drove that bandwagon anyway, roiling up all that  racist sentiment, and cynically slandered the President of the United States to advance his own political fortunes.

So I'm guessing that, once again, Trump has chosen to cynically and knowingly slander Barack Obama, as a smoke screen to obscure all the flak he's taking.  Is that better than the alternative of him being a gullible moron?  Shrug.

Dan T., 

What are the chances he did this to divert his people and the press from focusing on the pipeline promise wouldn't be fulfilled by using U.S. Steel? If he did, it's mystifying to me since this now is a much bigger issue than I'm sure he envisioned. 

Anything else on the horizon he's trying to cover for? 

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

This administration is gonna be exhausting.  I couldnt imagine being in it every day.  Even the people in it have to already be thinking "I'm to old for this shiznit." 

I'm quite amazed at how nearly every GOP politician has fallen in line. 1) You would think that some of them have principles. 2) They HAVE to see that betting on Trump is a really bad idea. Right?

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I'm quite amazed at how nearly every GOP politician has fallen in line. 1) You would think that some of them have principles. 2) They HAVE to see that betting on Trump is a really bad idea. Right?

I feel like they think they'll just be able to pivot. The problem is everything is so open and public now, I don't know how they'd be dumb enough to ignore their principles. 

7 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I feel like they think they'll just be able to pivot. The problem is everything is so open and public now, I don't know how they'd be dumb enough to ignore their principles. 

See, I DO think they believe that, that whatever happens they will just jettison the fall guys and carry on.

I am HOPING that Americans don't let themselves get conned that easily again, but of course that's seriously unlikely.

Let's see what's in this new EO Agent Orange is about to sign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/03/06/trump-to-sign-new-more-limited-order-temporarily-banning-travelers-from-six-majority-muslim-countries-seeking-visas/?utm_term=.896f909cc6fb

Besides McCain and Graham, can we get some more decent Republicans to start to stand up for what is right and go back to the days of country before party, or am I asking for too much here? 

10 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

If he hasn't made that pivot back when he's won the nomination, then he will never pivot. They were duped. 

2 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

See, I DO think they believe that, that whatever happens they will just jettison the fall guys and carry on.

I am HOPING that Americans don't let themselves get conned that easily again, but of course that's seriously unlikely.

Don't get your hopes up too high. Go over on Twitter and his followers are pushing the chips all the way in the middle on him. 

If I had to guess, I'd say that Trump still has no idea exactly how the vetting process works.  Of course, given the apparent change in the stance that this order was needed super-duper immediately, maybe he's at least learned a little something.  

20 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Nearly being the key word there...McCain and Graham are the only two who are even trying to try. 

edit, add: (I mean trying to try to show some of their "principles".)

Never in my life did I imagine warmonger Lindsey Graham would be the voice of reason.

40 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I hear you.  They get out there backing Trump with zero conviction.  When you watch 90% of them, you can tell they don't believe what they're saying.  Looks like a hostage video when they speak.

He has people scared.  If you're not fully on board, you'll incur his wrath.

Makes me respect Kasich, cuz he actually had some spine and was basically like "he was a dope then, he's a dope now.  I can't cosign this clown".  Albeit in that polite, Kasich way.

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Nearly being the key word there...McCain and Graham are the only two who are even trying to try. 

edit, add: (I mean trying to try to show some of their "principles".)

Kasich, I feel, has been true to himself. I actually grow weary of McCain talking a good game but not actually doing anything. I expect that of Marco Rubio... not John McCain.

58 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Principles?  That's a good one.

There are a hundred million+ right wing voters & politicians in this country. There are some principled ones in there somewhere.

It is my hope that the sensible ones remaining among them will remain calm during the cleansing, allowing the process to play out as peacefully as possible.

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

There are a hundred million+ right wing voters & politicians in this country. There are some principled ones in there somewhere.

It is my hope that the sensible ones remaining among them will remain calm during the cleansing, allowing the process to play out as peacefully as possible.

The audacity of hope!

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

I refuse to believe he is that smart

He isn't.  He doesn't have the intelligence to think up something like that.

For those hoping the GOP will grow some balls; it's not going to happen.

#1.  The GOP base & The Trumpsters love Trump.  Trump is doing great in their minds.  If any GOPer tries to remove Trump or push Trump into resigning; that GOPer career is over.  They will be removed the quickest way possible. Recall election, primary election, etc...   Also, I think there are enough nuts out there;  the GOPer will be targets for assassination by Trump voters. Any attempt to remove Trump or get him to resign is going to be met with violence. Bloody violence.  It could spark a civil war.  Hyperbole, crazy talk, conpsiracy you say.  In the world of Trump and his sycophant voters; this scenario is very possible.   As long as Trump gives them what they want, the general GOPer won't be dong anything against Trump.   You are going to have the Dems win big in 2018 to remove Trump in 2019 or the Trump voter change their minds about him.  I really don't see the Trump voter changing their minds about him until maybe the fall 2020 election. That would only be, if they didn't get all the jobs Trump promised. Otherwise those voters will stay with Trump forever.

Archived