Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 hours ago, daveakl said:

Yes. There are a bunch of teachers outside Pittsburgh in Monroeville and Murrysville making high 5 figures and low 6 figures. Their union is outstanding  (or a travesty depending on your view). It's public record so their salaries are posted online.

I'm aware that the highest paid teachers in the country are in the Pittsburgh area. My understanding was always that some of those schools are so bad, that was the only way they could staff them. Sort of like being a cop in San Antonio right now (again, I'm told). The starting salary is like 60k+. Theres a decent chance you might die though.

28 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Why?  Because you say so?  Because you heard it on talk radio?  And just so you know, calling 103K a year "six figures" is disingenuous and corny.  

Yes. It's because I say so and heard it on talk radio. Certainly not because I am friends with a middle school PE teacher who jokes with my brother in law about how she is making 80k a year because she has been there for over 15 years and he makes a comparable salary as a government scientist testing bio weapons defense systems. The PA teachers union is strong baby.

2 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Yes. It's because I say so and heard it on talk radio. Certainly not because I am friends with a middle school PE teacher who jokes with my brother in law about how she is making 80k a year because she has been there for over 15 years and he makes a comparable salary as a government scientist testing bio weapons defense systems. The PA teachers union is strong baby.

So somebody (probably with a graduate degree) who has been working in their field for 15+ years should never have a salary approaching 80 thousand dollars?

Do you hold this view for all fields or is it just education?

26 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I'm aware that the highest paid teachers in the country are in the Pittsburgh area. My understanding was always that some of those schools are so bad, that was the only way they could staff them. Sort of like being a cop in San Antonio right now (again, I'm told). The starting salary is like 60k+. Theres a decent chance you might die though.

Some are probably bad. Part of the issue is the union pay rate applies to all schools, not just the bad ones. So you usually start at a bad one and then work to transfer to a good one. Once you've gotten to a good one you stay forever and end up making great pay vs the area and an amazing pension when you retire.

Just now, jpyaks3 said:

So somebody (probably with a graduate degree) who has been working in their field for 15+ years should never have a salary approaching 80 thousand dollars?

Do you hold this view for all fields or is it just education?

Nope, she don't have a graduates degree. 4 year Penn state grad. 

1 minute ago, daveakl said:

Nope, she don't have a graduates degree. 4 year Penn state grad. 

So should someone who is in their field for 15+ years never have a salary approaching 80 thousand dollars?

Should a 15 year engineer at Lockheed Martin never have a salary that is 80 thousand dollars?

Should all fields be limited in what their salaries can be or is it just education where you believe that employees who work for decades (and on average are more highly educated than other fields) should have limited salary and advancement potential?

Sigh. Yes. You all are right. Teachers, PE instructors, music teachers, and art teachers should all be able to make as much as they want. 

I apologize. I was wrong to suggest that I knew a teacher making to much. 

Please forgive me for my ignorance. 

11 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Sigh. Yes. You all are right. Teachers, PE instructors, music teachers, and art teachers should all be able to make as much as they want. 

I apologize. I was wrong to suggest that I knew a teacher making to much. 

Please forgive me for my ignorance. 

I mean, your disdain for education as a profession IS pretty ignorant. 

Re: Teacher Salaries

As someone who works in the public sector, I would say the issue is that private sector salaries haven't kept up and attacks on middle class public employees distract corporations for explaining why they guillotined employee compensation over the past 20 years.  

Public sector compensation structure was fine and in line with private corporations.  Up until 10-15 years ago... yet we get to deal with BS.  

The only thing that can be done is to reform it for 20 years from now. 

No one really gets wealthy working in public sector except high level political types... and even the small percentage of fire/police that get scapegoated have risky professions.

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Are we anywhere near medical "experts" writing op-ed and going on cable news (not Fox) to declare he is suffering from a serious mental illness? Do some Frist diagnosis. 

I hope not. 

But it it wouldn't surprise me. 

People underpaying teachers is one of the core reasons public education has problems in the first place.

We gotta stop treating teachers like glorified babysitters and more like the gatekeepers to the future that they actually are.  Pay them decent salaries, and give them reasonable class sizes, and probably 80% of the problems faced by public schools would evaporate within 2 years.

But back to Cheetolini, as far as I'm concerned, the 25th Amendment Section 4 is fine to invoke now.

"Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President."

Accusing the previous administration of wiretapping without any proof is paranoid beyond measure.  Guy is off the deep end, and a person who has such paranoia cannot discharge the powers and duties of the office.  That he's publicly showing it only reinforces this, he doesn't even have enough of his mind about him to keep his paranoia private (ala Nixon).

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Are we anywhere near medical "experts" writing op-ed and going on cable news (not Fox) to declare he is suffering from a serious mental illness? Do some Frist diagnosis. 

Sorry to requote (re-respond?), but I just got some time to read the full article and thought I'd repost it.  Wow.  This is pretty serious stuff.

https://blog.shanesnow.com/donald-trump-and-the-definition-of-insanity-82ab6db008c4#.2wp46gyeg

I'm sure nothing will come of it (due to the GOP being in the driver's seat), but I'm betting we see a slew of new law's regarding President's whenever (if ever) Dems regain control of Congress.

3 hours ago, daveakl said:

Yes. There are a bunch of teachers outside Pittsburgh in Monroeville and Murrysville making high 5 figures and low 6 figures. Their union is outstanding  (or a travesty depending on your view). It's public record so their salaries are posted online.

Do you remember the on message catchphrase the GOP coined a few years  ago during yet another uproar over the ridiculous imbalance in executive compensation? It was something along the lines of "It's not our business how much money people make". So aside from the fact that they're public employees, why shouldn't the same logic apply?. Now before you bring up public vs. private funding, I'll point out that corporations are suckling on the public teat too, bigly so I don't think they have any greater right to privacy than anyone else on the dole if that's going to be your logic. Along the same line of thought, there's the issue of the disparity in transparency between ordinary non-profits and churches.  Ordinary nonprofits have to disclose salary and all financial information whereas the pimp preachers are under no such obligation. They should be, or better yet, their tax free status shouldn't exist as many are little more than a tax shelter for very profitable businesses.

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

She probably doesn't even know that the school kids call it "stackin' paper" now.

...it's cheddar. Keep up man! ? Thing is, it probably changed again in the time it took to make this post. ??

2 hours ago, DCranon21 said:

So our 45th President of the United States just accused the former POTUS(Obama) of wiretapping Trump Tower in a tweet storm this morning. I cannot make this up. I'll just post the article. This is a serious allegation made by Trump, and he got this info from Breitbart and Drudge Report. I cannot make this crap up. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-obama-wire-tapping-trump-tower-phones-235679

If there's a real case to be made, Obama should sue them for libel. Watching them have to retract this would be epic.

1 hour ago, DallasCowboyFan156 said:

I don't know how we recover and get back to normal political relations.

Kill the GOP

18 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I'm sure nothing will come of it (due to the GOP being in the driver's seat), but I'm betting we see a slew of new law's regarding President's whenever (if ever) Dems regain control of Congress.

20 months

27 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

If there's a real case to be made, Obama should sue them for libel. Watching them have to retract this would be epic.

Obama is a class-act.  Obama and the Bush might have hated each other but they didn't publicly bash each other like this current President does

26 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Kill the GOP

20 months

While that's the sane, reasonable outlook... I've been fooled before.  Never underestimate the power of stupidity and naivete.

11 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Obama is a class-act.  Obama and the Bush might have hated each other but they didn't publicly bash each other like this current President does

It's a mental condition.  Hmph, that sounds like I'm making a joke.  I'm not.

11 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Well, the Republicans had deniable stooges to do their classless attacks for them. 

Like Trump. 

49 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Sorry to requote (re-respond?), but I just got some time to read the full article and thought I'd repost it.  Wow.  This is pretty serious stuff.

https://blog.shanesnow.com/donald-trump-and-the-definition-of-insanity-82ab6db008c4#.2wp46gyeg

Once this is over. That'll be the excuse of his supporters. It wasn't really "him". Something happened. He was valiantly battling severe mental challenges that nobody knew about. 

Archived