Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I've always thought that environmental issues were better sold at the local & state level.  Not that there shouldn't be a lot of federal regulations as well, but for me the big mistake in the strategy to win over the skeptics was to have them look for issues in their own community and outlying areas.

A lot of the the problems seem to "come out of nowhere" because justified or not, people tune out of the "this will end the world" kind of talk, and it turns them off of environmental issues completely despite things in their own backyard that are ruining the earth and/or making their own air and drinking water more toxic.

It doesn't seem like enough people are on board or educated or care to understand that all of our small communities are linked in multiple ways.  I remember growing up there was the "Think Globally, Act Locally" phrase when it came to the environment.  Maybe getting back to that would help with the people who simply turn mute on when doomsday scenarios are mapped out?

And this is not me saying I don't personally think all those disasters can/will come to fruition unless there are major interventions, I am just trying to think of a strategy of winning more people over on the issue.

No they aren't. 

we don't want a bidding war for polluting companies by states desperate to raise their state tax rolls and employment numbers 

On 3/1/2017 at 11:43 AM, visionary said:

^^This. Anyone care to join me in playing a nice tune out on the deck?

2m07Fk6

7 hours ago, twa said:

I'm going with the drug using liar.

The darker skinned one if you are confused :silly:

So you're saying W. has started hitting the tanning bed?

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

No they aren't. 

we don't want a bidding war for polluting companies by states desperate to raise their state tax rolls and employment numbers 

Sorta like the GOP's oft stated wet dream of allowing health insurance to be sold across state lines.

12 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

People who are ok with what is happening to the EPA have absolutely no idea how terrible it is living in polluted air. Where carrying a mask at all times is a necessity for the inevitable "fog" that rolls in and blocks out the sun. This is appalling. 

You talking about LA? :silly:

Does the Peking duck make up for it?

36 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

^^This. Anyone care to join me in playing a nice tune out on the deck?

2m07Fk6

So you're saying W. has started hitting the tanning bed?

Sorta like the GOP's oft stated wet dream of allowing health insurance to be sold across state lines.

No.  Health ins companies aren't going to pollute the environment 

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Fox News already did that.  This is the Tea Party we're dealing with.

The current GOP is a couple of different groups. Tea Party is one of them. Alt right is another. Somewhere in there I think there are a few Republicans left over too.

Anyway... yeah, reduced to rubble then rebuilt. That's the way to go. No other alternative left at this point i'm afraid.

57 minutes ago, twa said:

You talking about LA? :silly:

Does the Peking duck make up for it?

No. But the baijiu, xiao yang rou pao mo ( Xi'an lamb and bread soup), and yak ribs come damn close. 

In all seriousness, the people there are desperately afraid of the damage the pollution has done. They love their country, but everyone knows they are powerless to stop the coal train, the politicians who profit from the unclean energy, and the subsequent pollution. This is the kind of helplessness that thankfully, not many Americans have any understanding of. Our biggest problems seem to be whether or not Netflix is running at 4K speeds, and how to use welfare and WIC to pay for two full shopping carts of groceries. 

it's getting better...they have a guy on record now talking about how don&co  wanted that plank in the gop to go softer on ukraine/russian interests, a claim that don denied most notably in a credibility-free manner on a fox interview...so when you hear this guy's dropping the dime and then they show don  in the clip it's good tv (and it looks like a solid "busted" as far as lying about the plan) .....they've put together timelines of all the differing and shifting stories of trump and co w flynn/session/kushner/others and contradictroy excuses showing lie after lie just in the changing explanations as things are revealed

ooops...local paper breaking an exclusive that pence had private server AOL acct on which he did gov business and they have emails and there are message involving homeland security, but of the 30 emails they'e using now, no big secrets involved...but they're saying subject to the same issues as hillary's deal, not really sure how much...early in story..no crime of any kind being implied so far

13 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

ooops...local paper breaking an exclusive that pence had private server AOL acct on which he did gov business and they have emails and there are message involving homeland security, but of the 30 emails they'e using now, no big secrets involved...but they're saying subject to the same issues as hillary's deal, not really sure how much...early in story..no crime of any kind being implied so far

"Nefarious Motive"*

*pretty solid band name.  I'm thinking goth-punk.

27 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

They love their country, but everyone knows they are powerless to stop the coal train, the politicians who profit from the unclean energy, and the subsequent pollution. This is the kind of helplessness that thankfully, not many Americans have any understanding of.

...yet. Dump and the GOP Congress haven't even gotten started good.

14 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

ooops...local paper breaking an exclusive that pence had private server AOL acct on which he did gov business and they have emails and there are message involving homeland security, but of the 30 emails they'e using now, no big secrets involved...but just the deal is they're saying subject to the same issues as hillary's deal...early in story..no crime of any kind being implied so far

Russia, if you're listening...

7 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

...yet. Dump and the GOP Congress haven't even gotten started good.

The Greens are buying the solar, wind and rare metal/minerals created by that Chinese smog cloud...while clutching your pearls, :ols: 

strategically, dems still should not get too far out on the russia deal (let them hound sessions specifically as hard as they want)...just keep the pressure high...i still think it's less likely there's some sweeping conspiracy that includes sabotaging the election and working with russian hackers (let alone being a puppet for putin because of some blackmail tape---but i could be wrong of course) and more just what i mentioned in my earlier post, and that not even at some grand organized scale....and most of this is just self-damage---other than the big "why were you keeping all these secret?"---from their habitual denying and  lying as a response to anything challenging them and poor organization...and that's their best case scenario...

Archived