Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

I feel like we have another good "poll test" question.

"Do you believe that former President Obama wiretapped the White House to sabotage President Trump?"

___ Yes

___ No

If you answer yes, your votes become "placebo" votes.

And boom, we instantly make America great again.

Shoot, just to make it even more fair, I'd be fine with people getting a pamphlet filled with the views of policy experts in this area, basically freely giving the answer of "no."  Then you have no excuse.  We'll even let you bring the pamphlet into the voting booth, just to make it super fair.

Well if you believe the press wiretaps were instituted on people in Trump's campaign

Not sure why Obama would tap the WH before Trump was in it . :silly:

Do any of you believe the Trump campaign was tapped?.....if not why do you believe other press reports?

1 minute ago, twa said:

Well if you believe the press wiretaps were instituted on people in Trump's campaign

Not sure why Obama would tap the WH before Trump was in it . :silly:

Do any of you believe the Trump campaign was tapped?.....if not why do you believe other press reports?

Because NSA/FBI/DOJ taps are done independently of the President.

Two completely different things.  Of course the NSA/FBI were listening in.  That's their job, monitoring contact with foreign officials.  But Obama had nothing to do with it.  Trump is saying Obama was directly involved, without providing any proof.  That's ridiculous.

The FISA warrant stuff though, was real, and was widely reported.

8 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Damn that Obama! Personally tapping Trump's phone. Bet he was trying to get the recipe for the Trump Tower Mexican taco bowl.

Next you are gonna tell me Putin didn't personally kill all those folk.:silly:

He's deranged.  I mean, I hate to go so hyperbolic, but there it is.

Staffers were concerned their phones were tapped by Trump?  He freaks out about the his phones might be tapped.

Calls real news fake, and then blows up when actual fake news scares him?

Those 58,000 plus mental health professionals I posted about earlier?  The ones that say he clearly suffers from malignant narcissism?  Well, guess they aren't second guessing their diagnosis anytime soon.

1*u2yXrfvgkPJX8W_LBe4tdw.gif

4 hours ago, daveakl said:

Some are probably bad. Part of the issue is the union pay rate applies to all schools, not just the bad ones. So you usually start at a bad one and then work to transfer to a good one. Once you've gotten to a good one you stay forever and end up making great pay vs the area and an amazing pension when you retire.

Nope, she don't have a graduates degree. 4 year Penn state grad. 

It varies from state to state, but you can't teach in Maryland longer than 10 years without getting a masters. 

Edit: Sorry, it's not exactly 10 years. It's based on the renewal date of your certification, but it's in the neighborhood of 10-12.

It does sound like PA has some particular issues, but my experience is people have a love hate relationship with teacher salaries. To a person people I meet will go on and on about how teachers are underpaid, and their [insert cherished relative here] was a teacher and they could never do what I do for a living. Then try to get people to fight for education funding in any way, let alone fund a basic cost of living increase, and it's either crickets, or complaining about teacher's unions and vacation time. 

I'm still not clear why you believe art, PE and music teachers inherently deserve less, but whatever. It sounds like you want to drop the subject, so I leave that up to you with no hard feelings either way. 

1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

It varies from state to state, but you can't teach in Maryland longer than 10 years without getting a masters. 

Edit: Sorry, it's not exactly 10 years. It's based on the renewal date of your certification, but it's in the neighborhood of 10-12.

It does sound like PA has some particular issues, but my experience is people have a love hate relationship with teacher salaries. To a person people I meet will go on and on about how teachers are underpaid, and their [insert cherished relative here] was a teacher and they could never do what I do for a living. Then try to get people to fight for education funding in any way, let alone fund a basic cost of living increase, and it's either crickets, or complaining about teacher's unions and vacation time. 

I'm still not clear why you believe art, PE and music teachers inherently deserve less, but whatever. It sounds like you want to drop the subject, so I leave that up to you with no hard feelings either way. 

lol, I'm fine talking about the subject.  I'm dropping the conversation that went from "do you know any public school teachers that are overpaid" to "so you are saying that any person making over 80k is being paid to much".

PA's issues are teachers union issues.  I used a PE teacher as an example because I know her personally and she thinks her salary is a joke.  She started right out of college and was lucky enough to get a job at a "good" school.  Has stayed there long enough that her pay is ridiculously high compared to others, not only at her school, but in the community of Monroeville/Murrysville.  A 2100 sq. ft. house around her sells for the low 200k's and the avg. salary is 53k.  

She happens to be in a great union and they have negotiated a pay scale that applies across the spectrum of teachers in PA.  Because the union is large, powerful, and represents such a wide range of educators there are going to be outliers.

Again, the original post was " You know any public school teachers who are overpaid?" to which I replied " Yes. There are a bunch of teachers outside Pittsburgh in Monroeville and Murrysville making high 5 figures and low 6 figures. Their union is outstanding  (or a travesty depending on your view). It's public record so their salaries are posted online" and "Having art and pe teachers making 6 figures because they have been there a long time does seem a bit out of balance imo."

Somehow that turned into:

"Should all fields be limited in what their salaries can be or is it just education where you believe that employees who work for decades (and on average are more highly educated than other fields) should have limited salary and advancement potential?"

and 

"I mean, your disdain for education as a profession IS pretty ignorant."

Archived