Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Not sure I'd call this a slam...but it is interesting to see him getting vocal about this. 

I think he had some reservations about Tillerson as well...before eventually voting for him.

“For 1st time in a long time @StateDept #humanrights report will not be presented by Secretary of State. I hope they reconsider,” tweeted Rubio, a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

The department's first formal press briefing under the Trump administration is set for Monday. It's not clear why the department would release the Human Rights Report before that briefing is held. But simply the fact that Tillerson would even consider not being involved in the report's launch has distressed some State officials.

“I’m disappointed,” said one State Department source. “It appears the U.S. is walking away from its leadership in human rights.”

Tom Malinowski, a former assistant secretary of state for democracy, human rights and labor, who served in the Obama administration under Secretary of State John Kerry, also expressed chagrin.

“When I was at the State Department, Secretary Kerry delayed the release of the reports a couple of times so that he could personally roll them out,” Malinowski said.

Also interesting to see Power and Rice speaking out about it.

2 hours ago, visionary said:
White house business on Mar a Lago unsecured networks

The dems in congress need to pounce on this. I'm serious as hell too. I want an investigation. A long one. I want to know if these networks are unsecured and if so, I want every piece of data that has been transferred over those networks combed over in microscopic detail. I also want all of Pence's emails from his AOL account. ALL of them.

10 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

So you're saying they want to bust up the teachers unions for nefarious reasons. Well now that makes sense.... in one sense anyway.

You know any public school teachers who are overpaid?

Nope, but there are those like Scott Wagner who certainly believe so.

I guess the general point I was trying to make was that if they can weaken the lobbying power of the NEA, they can weaken other unions. Passing legislation that helps cyber and charter schools by using vouchers paid for by public schools is a great way to do that.

In the meantime Betsy can line her pockets.

11 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You know any public school teachers who are overpaid?

Yes. There are a bunch of teachers outside Pittsburgh in Monroeville and Murrysville making high 5 figures and low 6 figures. Their union is outstanding  (or a travesty depending on your view). It's public record so their salaries are posted online.

So our 45th President of the United States just accused the former POTUS(Obama) of wiretapping Trump Tower in a tweet storm this morning. I cannot make this up. I'll just post the article. This is a serious allegation made by Trump, and he got this info from Breitbart and Drudge Report. I cannot make this crap up. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-obama-wire-tapping-trump-tower-phones-235679

3 minutes ago, DCranon21 said:

So our 45th President of the United States just accused the former POTUS(Obama) of wiretapping Trump Tower in a tweet storm this morning. I cannot make this up. I'll just post the article. This is a serious allegation made by Trump, and he got this info from Breitbart and Drudge Report. I cannot make this crap up. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-obama-wire-tapping-trump-tower-phones-235679UrlAdvisorGoodImage.png

Because if he had half the brain that Barack did, and followed along, he would know they're tapping EVERYONE now. 

8 minutes ago, DCranon21 said:

From the inside. Looks like this was a warranted FISA tap. So Trump just revealed on Twitter some classified activity? SMH

BTW the president can reveal classified activity at any time since he is the principal owner of all information

1 hour ago, daveakl said:

Yes. There are a bunch of teachers outside Pittsburgh in Monroeville and Murrysville making high 5 figures and low 6 figures. Their union is outstanding  (or a travesty depending on your view). It's public record so their salaries are posted online.

How do those schools rank in those areas?  Is high 5 figures inherently too high for a school teacher, in general, or the performance of those schools doesn't warrant such high salaries on merit?

13 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

BTW the president can reveal classified activity at any time since he is the principal owner of all information

Except it just looks like he's referring to a Brietbart article, which was simply regurgitating a partisan radio hype man.

Just now, Springfield said:

Except it just looks like he's referring to a Brietbart article, which was simply regurgitating a partisan radio hype man.

Oh i agree he's a moron but i was just making stating a fact if people didn't already know this

24 minutes ago, justice98 said:

How do those schools rank in those areas?  Is high 5 figures inherently too high for a school teacher, in general, or the performance of those schools doesn't warrant such high salaries on merit?

As with everything, you can present the figures in a way to prove whatever point you want.  Having art and pe teachers making 6 figures because they have been there a long time does seem a bit out of balance imo.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/region/2015/01/14/New-state-website-provides-financial-data-on-school-districts/stories/201501140195

11 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Are we anywhere near medical "experts" writing op-ed and going on cable news (not Fox) to declare he is suffering from a serious mental illness? Do some Frist diagnosis. 

Pretty much, I posted a relevant article yesterday on it.  Of course, they appear to be actual experts, not the Right Wing version of "experts".  

Its a bit amusing to see the parallels (and yet massive differences) between:

investigations

mental diagnosis

expert opinion (climate change being the more obvious one)

obstruction

I can understand the desire to call hypocrisy, but it's frighteningly easy to see the apples to kumquats comparison of the two (if one cared to actually look).  

7 minutes ago, daveakl said:

As with everything, you can present the figures in a way to prove whatever point you want.  Having art and pe teachers making 6 figures because they have been there a long time does seem a bit out of balance imo.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/region/2015/01/14/New-state-website-provides-financial-data-on-school-districts/stories/201501140195

I don't have much personal info on the subject, but my feeling is that cost of living has outpaced salaries by a long shot over the last 30-40 years.  The house I bought last year sold for 3 times less in 1995.  I'm certain that salaries haven't increased as much.  Now, maybe they shouldn't, but housing alone is going to price teachers out of some of the areas they want to teach.

24 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Having art and pe teachers making 6 figures because they have been there a long time does seem a bit out of balance imo.

Why?  Because you say so?  Because you heard it on talk radio?  And just so you know, calling 103K a year "six figures" is disingenuous and corny.  

1 hour ago, DCranon21 said:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-obama-wire-tapping-trump-tower-phones-235679

You think he's getting out in front of a story where something YUGE is about to happen or is he just being his usual crazy self?

Archived