Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

36 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Worth the click lol

" But alas, glory fades. Today’s beloved Easter Bunny becomes tomorrow’s despised, trembling poodle, kicked with disgust by its owner into the foyer to yap futilely at solicitors. No doubt there are times when Sean Spicer still closes his eyes and wishes he were back strapped inside that deliciously suffocating, vision-obstructing, fur bondage suit, where he finally feels loved. "

Cutting Endocrine disruptors funding from 300 to 10 mil - wtf?  That is very important stuff!!  BPA is an example.  I suspect foul play.  Somebody must have some friends in the chemicals business.  Cough cough koch.

2 minutes ago, alexey said:

Cutting Endocrine disruptors funding from 300 to 10 mil - wtf?  That is very important stuff!!  BPA is an example.  I suspect foul play.  Somebody must have some friends in the chemicals business.  Cough cough koch.

We will all be worse off in four years: our health, our water, our air, our economy... a few will, in the short term, be richer.

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

We will all be worse off in four years: our health, our water, our air, our economy... a few will, in the short term, be richer.

Those agencies were so good at protecting the people that the people forgot why they were created in the first place.

the thing is, we are getting better at changing the environment and changes that we are making are more subtle.  It used to be, dump tons of some bad stuff into the river, the river catches fire, oops let's do something.  Now things are not as obvious. 

Just now, alexey said:

Those agencies were so good at protecting the people that the people forgot why they were created in the first place.

EPA and the like have already been subject to tremendous underfunding and have been undermanned for years.

What we're going to see is a tremendous increase in air and water pollution just as they are cutting or outright eliminating healthcare safety nets. If i didn't know better I'd say this was the plot of a super villain to reduce world population. 

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

EPA and the like have already been subject to tremendous underfunding and have been undermanned for years.

What we're going to see is a tremendous increase in air and water pollution just as they are cutting or outright eliminating healthcare safety nets. If i didn't know better I'd say this was the plot of a super villain to reduce world population. 

That's a helluva a book idea.

The way society undervalues clean air and water will come back to bite the human race in the long term. I'll never understand people that put money above these fundamental needs when they operate a business. 

I've always thought that environmental issues were better sold at the local & state level.  Not that there shouldn't be a lot of federal regulations as well, but for me the big mistake in the strategy to win over the skeptics was to have them look for issues in their own community and outlying areas.

A lot of the the problems seem to "come out of nowhere" because justified or not, people tune out of the "this will end the world" kind of talk, and it turns them off of environmental issues completely despite things in their own backyard that are ruining the earth and/or making their own air and drinking water more toxic.

It doesn't seem like enough people are on board or educated or care to understand that all of our small communities are linked in multiple ways.  I remember growing up there was the "Think Globally, Act Locally" phrase when it came to the environment.  Maybe getting back to that would help with the people who simply turn mute on when doomsday scenarios are mapped out?

And this is not me saying I don't personally think all those disasters can/will come to fruition unless there are major interventions, I am just trying to think of a strategy of winning more people over on the issue.

Archived