Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Soooo, what are you all saying in here now that Ford admitted they were planning a move to Mexico?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-18/trump-says-ford-called-to-say-keeping-lincoln-plant-in-kentucky

"After Trump’s tweets, the company acknowledged for the first time it had been considering moving production of the MKC to Mexico, allowing the plant to boost output of the Escape, one of its hottest models. After talks between Executive Chairman Bill Ford and the president-elect, the automaker decided to keep building the MKC in Louisville after the UAW’s current contract expires in 2019.

“We had planned to move the Lincoln MKC out of Louisville Assembly Plant,” Christin Baker, a Ford spokeswoman, said in an e-mail, noting the UAW contract signed last year allowed for such a move. "Cuautitlan plant in Mexico was likely the plant for MKC."

“We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the U.S.,” the automaker said in an e-mailed statement after Trump’s tweets."

Once again those inconvenient facts getting in the way of the narrative. 

Hey Zazzy if you read the article you posted you would see that Ford was not considering laying off workers or moving a factory to Mexico (as Trump claimed). They were considering moving production of THAT ONE VEHICLE so they could increase production of another vehicle. The net impact of keeping production of the Lincoln MKC in Kentucky? Absolutely zero. 

Trump lied, like he lied about 75% of claims he made up during the campaign. And you ate it out of the palm of his hand just like everything else. 

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Hey Zazzy if you read the article you posted you would see that Ford was not considering laying off workers or moving a factory to Mexico (as Trump claimed). They were considering moving production of THAT ONE VEHICLE so they could increase production of another vehicle. The net impact of keeping production of the Lincoln MKC in Kentucky? Absolutely zero. 

Trump lied, like he lied about 75% of claims he made up during the campaign. And you ate it out of the palm of his hand just like everything else. 

Yeah, they are going to keep making the less popular car in the US even though they can't keep up with demand for the more popular car, which means that some of the more popular cars production is going to be done else where.

I wonder where?

TrumpKlan supports the UAW by demanding that union members build vehicle lines that sell poorly?  Life is strange...

And the Ford/Hermosillo plant has been active since the late 80s...originally as a Ford/Mazda venture.  So, there is no "move".  Simply a desire by an American corporation to dedicate its domestic labor force to its most popular products.  Which, apparently, is now opposed by the GOP.

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Can't allow people to smoke weed - it makes them too lazy to beat up the coloured folk.

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Yes all the pot smokers will mobilize into action as soon as they get up off the couch. Wait, though, just a couple more hits... Oh look! Spongebob Squarepants is on! Wait, what were we talking about again?

I'm in...literally.  Anyone care to join me?  It's about all we can do at this point. 

Stay baked. B)

1 hour ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Soooo, what are you all saying in here now that Ford admitted they were planning a move to Mexico?

Once again those inconvenient facts getting in the way of the narrative. 

I suppose if you get your news from trash sources you get to watch people argue over trash narratives

If you get your news from legit source the narrative is basically the same:

Ford was planning on moving one line out of their plant to another location, but was planning on adding the lines at the plant in the US in question, and the net impact on jobs is nil. Which, wait for it, is why the UAW approved it in their last negotiation.

The plant wasn't going to be shut down, no jobs were going to be lost, but yes a line was (and still is, I believe?) being moved to a plant in Mexico.

All trump did was cause a bunch of confusion and force UAW and Ford to talk about it again to make sure they're on the same page.

I imagine the union people got something for not getting additional jobs at the plant, but I'm unaware of what the negotiations were.

27 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Any non-white or non-male appointments yet?

Oh come on not saying who he will appoint eventually but don't you think that observation is bit premature? How many cabinet positions and advisory positions has he he identified now  - three?

14 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

What's the latest 411 with the "Hillary runs a satanic child sex-slave cult"?  Or has she managed to sweep yet another scandal under the rug?!?

LTG (R) Flynn didn't post that.  Apparently it was his son (Learned that on the Diane Rehm show - she had it wrong too so I guess it is widely mistakenly thought that LTG Flynn posted it).

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

What's the latest 411 with the "Hillary runs a satanic child sex-slave cult"?  Or has she managed to sweep yet another scandal under the rug?!?

She's too busy participating in late term abortions and selling secrets to Qatar in exchange for Clinton Foundation donations.

34 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Oh come on not saying who he will appoint eventually but don't you think that observation is bit premature? How many cabinet positions and advisory positions has he he identified now  - three?

He's filled 7 or 8 positions so far

5 minutes ago, nonniey said:

LTG (R) Flynn didn't post that.  Apparently it was his son (Learned that on the Diane Rehm show - she had it wrong too so I guess it is widely mistakenly thought that LTG Flynn posted it).

Didn't he retweet it on his official twitter account? Is he saying his son logged on and did it? That would be a convenient cop out.

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

He's filled 7 or 8 positions so far

You sure about that? (the number he has appointed and the number of positions)? I thought there were 22 cabinet or cabinet level positions and the NSA and whatever Bannon is  were not part of that 22. 

Archived