Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

They're lining up to kiss Trump's ass. Sooner, rather than later, they're all going to avoid him like the plague. It's just a matter of time before he does AND say something that they can't defend. He can't help himself.

10 minutes ago, DM72 said:

They're lining up to kiss Trump's ass. Sooner, rather than later, they're all going to avoid him like the plague. It's just a matter of time before he does AND say something that they can't defend. He can't help himself.

I'm not arguing your point, but we thought that for a year and a half now.  And he wound up being elected, but not by the People, or for the People.

53 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Huckabee last night was asked about the Mitt-Donald meeting, and it was "he needs to apologize to Trump!"  No, not a two-way street, not "hopefully the two men will bury the hatchet," but this.

WTH is wrong with people??

Huckabee is certifiable. He's been dully indoctrinated and is now a good soldier. Sad to think that the reason many looked to him before as an alternative was because he was a pastor...that's all gone now.

30 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm not arguing your point, but we thought that for a year and a half now.  And he wound up being elected, but not by the People, or for the People.

He could shoot someone in the street.

3 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

What a snowflake 

Citizens have no right to speak to their leaders!! They have no right to be heard!! 

Welcome me to the Authoritarian States of America. 

This reaction was so predictable. The cast did it in a very respectful way and I knew Trump would twist it around. 

12 hours ago, twa said:

How is Iran slowly,slowly turning from?

The young people in the country want a positive relationship with the West, not an antagonistic one, and they're growing in size and power by the day.  The Arab Spring wasn't quite successful but it was a wake-up call that the days where a leader in Iran could yell "death to America" and get cheers instead of eye-rolls are numbered.  The youth value a nuclear program less than economic success, so keep pressure on with sanctions if they try to get their nuclear program going again, and the youth will turn on their leaders, not on us.  The Western-friendly takeover of the government could be organic and positive if we take the right steps.

A war with Iran could accelerate the youth taking over, but it could also leave them quite angry at the US as well.  Forcing regime change tends to rarely go as well as one hopes.  Even if we avoid an Iraq-esque quagmire, we'd likely have a % of people more angry than they were before.

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Citizens have no right to speak to their leaders!! They have no right to be heard!! 

This reaction was so predictable. The cast did it in a very respectful way and I knew Trump would twist it around. 

Using a platform someone else is paying for is not always wise though.

11 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

The young people in the country want a positive relationship with the West, not an antagonistic one, and they're growing in size and power by the day.  The Arab Spring wasn't quite successful but it was a wake-up call that the days where a leader in Iran could yell "death to America" and get cheers instead of eye-rolls are numbered.  The youth value a nuclear program less than economic success, so keep pressure on with sanctions if they try to get their nuclear program going again, and the youth will turn on their leaders, not on us.  The Western-friendly takeover of the government could be organic and positive if we take the right steps.

A war with Iran could accelerate the youth taking over, but it could also leave them quite angry at the US as well.  Forcing regime change tends to rarely go as well as one hopes.  Even if we avoid an Iraq-esque quagmire, we'd likely have a % of people more angry than they were before.

That did not answer the question though.

The youth have been that way for a long time there,with little support.

the only thing I've seen is their rhetoric slightly toned down and subverting the agreement.....which is not a turn

9 minutes ago, twa said:

Using a platform someone else is paying for is not always wise though.

Stop it.

I know you feel that protestors should be unseen and unheard but that ain't the way life works. And when politicians emerge from their insulated sychophant filled echo chambers they are likely to hear messages they don't agree with. 

Furthermore, did Pence/Trump expect the theater to not be filled with damn librawls?

Your argument is the same petty nonsense I hear when clergy refuse to speak truth to power when a leader sits in their pew on Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, twa said:

the only thing I've seen is their rhetoric slightly toned down and subverting the agreement.....which is not a turn

Degrees man...degrees.

You're suggestion is that since the youth haven't already firced a 180 out of the government then they sren't influencing the same, that's silly and you know it.

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Stop it.

I know you feel that protestors should be unseen and unheard but that ain't the way life works. And when politicians emerge from their insulated sychophant filled exho chambers they are likely to hear messages they don't agree with. 

Furthermore, did Pence/Trump expect the theater to not be filled with damn librawls?

Your argument is the same petty nonsense I hear when clergy refuse to speak truth to power when a leader sits in their pew on Sunday. 

Degrees man...degrees.

You're suggestion is that since the youth haven't already firced a 180 out of the government then they sren't influencing the same, that's silly and you know it.

A production is not a protest, nor a stage a pulpit.....truth to power :ols:

My 'suggestion' on Iran's youth is that it has not changed, nor anything other that hollow words given to support them.

But if you want to try to answer my question  feel free.

Just now, twa said:

Yes it did.

The youth has not been there like this for a long time.  By definition they can't have because they're the YOUTH, as in young, as in coming of age, as in not old people who have been involved in the process for 40 years.  We're talking millenial Iranians being involved in the political process.  They really only flexed their political muscles recently, with the Arab Spring, and it showed that there was a lot of potential power there.  As their age group continues to add adult members they'll keep gaining power.  It's similar to how baby boomers are now not the biggest political block in the US and are losing ground in terms of political power to millenials.  It's gonna take another couple cycles for millenials to reach their peak political power, but it's getting there.

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

You'd think that the U.S. would have learned this under Bush 43, but this iteration of the Republicans seem determined to complete the neo-con agenda for the Middle East.

Stupid.

37 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Texas is a safe space.

Not for me, unless I stick to Austin. It's back in the closet for me when I move there.

20 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm assuming you either aren't serious or didn't watch how respectful they were. 

have not watched , nor am I likely to.....nor would it change my stated opinion.

38 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Go back to your safe space you little snow flake 

:ols: , no wait...:rofl89:

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Not for me, unless I stick to Austin. It's back in the closet for me when I move there.

in or out is your choice, but ya will find most folk are rather used to it.

4 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

You'd think that the U.S. would have learned this under Bush 43, but this iteration of the Republicans seem determined to complete the neo-con agenda for the Middle East.

Stupid.

I mean, this iteration of Republicans is functionally the previous GOP President's iteration.

And I had considered saying "except for Austin, that place has a trigger warning for people from the rest of Texas," but felt the short form would be more poignant.  However, it works here.

58 minutes ago, twa said:

have not watched , nor am I likely to.....nor would it change my stated opinion.

Yeah, why would anyone want to have an informed opinion. So silly. These people need to shut up and entertain and that's it. Should they want to speak their opinion directly to an elected official, they should only do so if they are able to make an appointment to see him. Sounds like a great place to live. 

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

That cast's actions was thoroughly unprofessional. Frankly if I was their producer I'd fire them all whether they stated something I was 100% for or 100% opposed to. 

52 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Yeah, why would anyone want to have an informed opinion. So silly. These people need to shut up and entertain and that's it. Should they want to speak their opinion directly to an elected official, they should only do so if they are able to make an appointment to see him. Sounds like a great place to live. 

The cast was respectful while imposing their opinion from the stage during a production....is that not informed?

Their actions may have unintended results is my opinion......but feel free to judge , I am as well. :)

Archived