Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

16 minutes ago, nonniey said:

That cast's actions was thoroughly unprofessional. Frankly if I was their producer I'd fire them all whether they stated something I was 100% for or 100% opposed to. 

Whats the big deal?  What part of this is soooooooo awful?

As the play ended, the actor who played Aaron Burr, Brandon Victor Dixon, acknowledged that Mr. Pence was in the audience, thanked him for attending and added, “We hope you will hear us out.”

“We, sir — we — are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights,” he said. “We truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us.”

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

As the play ended, the actor who played Aaron Burr, Brandon Victor Dixon, acknowledged that Mr. Pence was in the audience, thanked him for attending and added, “We hope you will hear us out.”

“We, sir — we — are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights,” he said. “We truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us.”

I said unprofessional would you want someone working for you that demonstrated they were that unprofessional? How could you possibly trust them?

7 minutes ago, twa said:

The cast was respectful while imposing their opinion from the stage during a production....is that not informed?

Their actions may have unintended results is my opinion......but feel free to judge , I am as well. :)

So they should allow others to impose their opinion on them to be quiet and entertain. Noted. Though I'm not sure how they imposed their opinion on anyone. Nobody had to listen to them.  

1 minute ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

The right has built patriotically correct safe spaces on quack forums on the internet

When challenged it is where they run to 

They have almost completely retreated to their propaganda outlets because they can't deal with the idea that their perverted ideology might not be completely correct. 

( #snowflakes )

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I said unprofessional would you want someone working for you that demonstrated they were that unprofessional? How could you possibly trust them?

You clearly don't understand the dynamic of the casts and producers of Hamilton and what one of the messages of the play is. Not really sure why respectfully addressing a public official is unprofessional given the environment. 

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights,

That is insulting and out of line in that situation.....but typical 

7 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I don't see anything unprofessional about it.  Do you have some experience in the theater industry that might prove otherwise?  Or are you just doing some partisan knee-jerk thing?

5 minutes ago, twa said:

It is neither.

Just now, twa said:

Um, do you know who Mike Pence is?  The man is actively hostile towards the rights of women and LGBTQs.  A not insignificant number of people on that stage would probably, if Mike Pence had his way, be forced into conversion therapy.

Their fears are quite reasonable and their plea was extremely polite considering what Mike Pence supports.

This Hamilton thing is nonsense. It's been less than two weeks and the roles have totally reversed. Like others have said earlier. Now Trump and his people are the precious little snowflakes that need their own safe spaces that protect them against the big bad First Amendment? 

And the President-Elect has every right to whine about it if he wants. But nobody should apologize. Nobody was threatened. 

18 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I don't see it. It's not like anything they said was bad.

Also, I don't know this to be true, but it's entirely possible that they got an ok from their superiors to do this. Apparently the cast was pretty active politically during the election cycle.

5 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Um, do you know who Mike Pence is?  The man is actively hostile towards the rights of women and LGBTQs.  A not insignificant number of people on that stage would probably, if Mike Pence had his way, be forced into conversion therapy.

Their fears are quite reasonable and their plea was extremely polite considering what Mike Pence supports.

Lets start with your forced conversion therapy claim....anything to back that up?

support for it for those that desire it does not count obviously.

16 minutes ago, twa said:

Again, I'm not seeing it. The title character is played by an openly gay, HIV positive, immigrant actor. They should have some very valid concerns with some of the things the president elect and vice president elect have said. Things that I would consider to be insulting and out of line in any situation.

7 minutes ago, Tweedr01 said:

Maybe if they were baking cakes we could criticize their actions, but they only disrespected the vp elect.

Lol, Waaaahhhhhh we can't discriminate against gay people but gay people can respectfully request their elected officials protect their rights.  How backwards!

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

Lol, Waaaahhhhhh we can't discriminate against gay people but gay people can respectfully request their elected officials protect their rights.  How backwards!

When did you stop beating your wife?

Archived