Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

20 minutes ago, Larry said:

That's what I understand, too.  

Supposedly, he's (now) said that he likes the rule mandating coverage for pre-existing conditions, but wants to get rid of the mandate.  

Problem is, supposedly, the insurance industry said that they would walk if the government tried to make them cover pre-existing conditions, without the mandate.  (And, while I don't think their cooperation is necessarily required, I can see a legit argument along those lines.  The argument is "If they're required to cover me for pre-existing conditions, then why shouldn't I just wait till I have cancer, and then get insurance?")  

Either that or premiums would skyrocket.  I have read some variations where the want to move preexisting condition to medicaid and block grant medicaid.  Simply put, details have been sketchy.

This isn't rocket science though.  Preexisting condition coverage means increased cost for insurers.  Unless insurers want to go bankrupt, there has to be some combination of four options:

1) individual mandate 

2) higher premium

3) waiting period

4) government subsidy

ACA attempted 1 and 4(premium subsidy and expansion of medicaid).  Repubs are taking option 1 off the table, which will result in upward pressure on premiums.  If they take option 4 off the table too and say they can rein in premium increase, that's a big ol heap of BS.

11 hours ago, brandymac27 said:

So let me get this straight. Donald Trump falsely claims during the campaign that the Ford plant is moving to Mexico.  Ford denies it all along. Trump is elected, says that Ford is not moving after all, and takes credit for them staying.

God what a ****ing asshole.

8 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

So let me get this straight. Donald Trump falsely claims during the campaign that the Ford plant is moving to Mexico.  Ford denies it al along. Trump is elected, says that Ford is not moving after all, and takes credit for them staying.

God what a ****ing asshole.

Are you really surprised? Will you be surprised when his supporters start repeating this as a fact?

11 minutes ago, brandymac27 said:

So here's this idiot on Nov. 2nd Tweeting articles about the FAKE child sex ring bull**** that Hillary was supposedly a part of.  And he's our new NSA??? WTF is this world coming to.

Hey. It's not like people like NSA or such have to be able to look at Intel and make a judgment call on whether it's true or not. 

19 minutes ago, bearrock said:

You know there is word for what Trump is doing, cronyism.  Mitt Romney seems to be the only exception.  

Mitt Romney may just be a diversion.  So far the only people he's put in place or officially offered positions to are Priebus, Bannon, and Flynn.

The Republican plan is to remove the mandate, and then you cannot be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition if you have existing insurance.  As long as you stay actively insured, you can move from policy to policy from company to company.

You use the threat that some day you might need insurance suddenly as tool to get people to always buy insurance.

It hasn't worked very well in states that have tried that.

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

The Republican plan is to remove the mandate, and then you cannot be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition if you have existing insurance.  As long as you stay actively insured, you can move from policy to policy from company to company.

You use the threat that some day you might need insurance suddenly as tool to get people to always buy insurance.

It hasn't worked very well in states that have tried that.

I actually do like that idea, as a kind of compromise.  (Even suggested it, at least once.)  

Make it so that, at least, I can transfer from Plan X to Plan Y, and be covered.  

Among other things, it seems to me like it would cut down on plans offering "come on" pricing, and then using the threat of "if you switch, you fon;t be covered", to lock people in.  

I can still see holes in the idea.  Like, what keeps me from getting a plan with a $10K deductible and a 50% copay, until I get cancer, then switching to a plan with $1,000/10%?  

But it sounds like a better plan than the "eliminate all state regulations, and make it illegal to sue insurance companies" plan.  

4 hours ago, Larry said:

I actually do like that idea, as a kind of compromise.  (Even suggested it, at least once.)  

Make it so that, at least, I can transfer from Plan X to Plan Y, and be covered.  

Among other things, it seems to me like it would cut down on plans offering "come on" pricing, and then using the threat of "if you switch, you fon;t be covered", to lock people in.  

I can still see holes in the idea.  Like, what keeps me from getting a plan with a $10K deductible and a 50% copay, until I get cancer, then switching to a plan with $1,000/10%?  

At the same time, it's precisely the plan we had before ACA (preexisting condition coverage waiting period, with credit towards the waiting period for insurance coverage prior to signing up).  These situations made job losses that much more devastating and people had to pay an arm and a leg for cobra coverage in those situations.  

The false propaganda that's going to come out of the Trump regime and immediately be echoed by Fox News, Breitbart, and the rest of the right wing echo chamber is going to make the "spin" we've always seen from Fox look comparatively harmless. 

We're in a really bad place as a country right now. 

"Oh he didn't really mean all those things he said'

"He'll be more moderate once he sees the scope of the job"

"He'll have people around him that will help him mature politically"

"He's going to be Presidunce for all Americans"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I said it before, you ALREADY saw the toned down, kinder, gentler Donny during the runup to Armageddon, this **** show is just gettin rollin'

We'll be lucky if it's only Revelation's third of the world, the living may envy the dead.

Leonard Cohen punched out at the right time

Lucky bastid

Archived