Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

4 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Here's lookin' at you Trump voters! ???

But for some reason, they want Trump's Jewish son-in-law "in thar".  Do they know who they're supposed to be?...hint, against anything except Christianity?...which has turned out to be not so Christian after all.  

Do unto others, just don't let it be done to me.  I...can't...even...<old thud smiley>

26 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

But for some reason, they want Trump's Jewish son-in-law "in thar".  Do they know who they're supposed to be?...hint, against anything except Christianity?...which has turned out to be not so Christian after all.  

Do unto others, just don't let it be done to me.  I...can't...even...<old thud smiley>

Let's not confuse things, none of those people represent Christianity. 

8 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Let's not confuse things, none of those people represent Christianity. 

Depends on which history of Christianity you are looking at.

Just now, visionary said:

The lobbying ban idea is rather hypocritical considering all of Trump and his family's business and investments and their likely conflicts of interest.

Well, Trump demanded that Pence share with him a decade of his tax returns. Trump doesn't believe he should live by the standards he expects of others.

1 minute ago, Gamebreaker said:

The one that isn't written by people with an agenda. 

Well, buckle yourself in.  They all are.  (Which is why some of us have gone to "none" in that category.)  My dad preached that God was here for all of us, no matter how terrible our transgressions may be.  But in all 18 years I spent having it shoved down my throat, he always said we should help others, no matter their belief...and he prayed daily for our President and for our Nation, no matter the POTUS, he served in the Army long before I went Navy.

I would be stuck between God and Dauntless.  Something tells me I can pick both...be fearless in doing His work.  John 3:16 doesn't exclude anyone.

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

Well, buckle yourself in.  They all are.  (Which is why some of us have gone to "none" in that category.)  My dad preached that God was here for all of us, no matter how terrible our transgressions may be.  But in all 18 years I spent having it shoved down my throat, he always said we should help others, no matter their belief...and he prayed daily for our President and for our Nation, no matter the POTUS, he served in the Army long before I went Navy.

I would be stuck between God and Dauntless.  Something tells me I can pick both...be fearless in doing His work.  John 3:16 doesn't exclude anyone.

Saying it better than I could!

I'm still so (not even sure of the feeling at this point) at the avsurdity of this whole thing that I don't even know if I'm thinking clearly one way or another.

One minute I feel sorry for those he's going to hurt, the next I'm reminded that this is a self-inflicted gun shot wound. Then I read things that internment camps are a supposed precedent for registering Muslims and I'm full-bore pissed off. Using one of our nation's grievous sins as a precedent...seriously! I guess slavery would set the precedent for denying people the right of freedom. Then after all of that I'm right back to being pissed that the Trump voters self-inflected gun shot wound inflicts ALL of us. 

And I pray daily for Trump but my prayers are very similar to the prayers I offer up when I'm in the truck teaching my 14 year old son to drive on an old dirt road, "Please God let him not drive us down that cliff!"

17 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

S

And I pray daily for Trump but my prayers are very similar to the prayers I offer up when I'm in the truck teaching my 14 year old son to drive on an old dirt road, "Please God let him not drive us down that cliff!"

At least you're still teaching.  Most parents just hand a kid a Mustang with the keys and a "Thank God I don't have to drive them".  (I've been pushing to raise the driving age to 17...if parents can only be involved in their kids' lives for one more year)...as if...:)

Sorry for the OT.

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Then I read things that internment camps are a supposed precedent for registering Muslims and I'm full-bore pissed off.

The President addressed a joint session of Congress yesterday. He said he wasn't gonna back down on the blockade. I don't know which was scarier, the speech or the Congress cheering it. He evoked Lincoln. Whenever a president is gonna get us into serious trouble, they always use Lincoln.

(Movie reference.)  

The Muslim "registry" program is basically the NSEERS program coming back. It was in place from 2003-11.

One of the chief architects of NSEERS was Kris Kobach, who is handling Trumps immigration transition. 

Basically anyone entering the US from select countries (all Muslim majority) undergo extensive checks at entry points on airports. 

Its a pointless program that didn't do much of anything. But it's well within the law. All theatrics.

20 minutes ago, Larry said:

The President addressed a joint session of Congress yesterday. He said he wasn't gonna back down on the blockade. I don't know which was scarier, the speech or the Congress cheering it. He evoked Lincoln. Whenever a president is gonna get us into serious trouble, they always use Lincoln.

*edit:

Thanks for the (movie reference) edit @Larry That's a serious reach back in time for that quote!

7 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

OK, what? Obama is in Germany did he address congress? You said president, so I assume Obama. but, if you said president elect then I go Trump obviously. But I thought Trump was holed up in Trump tower for the last week.

Don't go to Trump, obviously.  Please.  He only has the -elect title as of now, and by the grace of you know who, will never have the greater one.

Archived